WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I dread this every time

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Putting on dryer vents. Why can’t they make them a hair bigger? Especially when the house side is out of round.
In my work I also have to change a lot of 4 foot fluorescent bulbs and there is no room in those either to get the bulbs out in some of them. Driving me bat shit!😡😀 you can see I ripped the godamn foil….. again 😡
A34BB962-3159-48AB-835B-BBAD271E615A.jpeg
A34BB962-3159-48AB-835B-BBAD271E615A.jpeg

outboard_256

Reaction score
Putting on dryer vents. Why can’t they make them a hair bigger? Especially when the house side is out of round.
In my work I also have to change a lot of 4 foot fluorescent bulbs and there is no room in those either to get the bulbs out in some of them. Driving me bat shit!😡😀 you can see I ripped the godamn foil….. again 😡 View attachment 1142913 View attachment 1142913

I hate those. They make them paper thin and its not even a solid hose. So if you bend it too many times it just comes apart.

Taboma

Reaction score
This. I always refused to install anything but hard pipe for the safety factor.
That's great, now reveal the secret of just how you perform this hard pipe connection after the dryer is back in place ---- and how do you disconnect it to move it back out ?

I switched to the far tougher corrugated aluminum flex duct, but getting either end on while crammed in between the wall and dryer and with neither hard pipe end tapered, it's a future brain exploding stroke waiting to happen.

The real question is --- After my recent "Blow Job", and extracting mass quantities of lint all bonded together with my wife's long blonde hair --------- why do they bother giving us dryer filters and how does the majority of the lint somehow bypass them anyway ????? I can't recall ever cleaning an 18" long strand of hair from the lint screen, but there it was, gobs of it in the ductwork. 🤔

RichL

Reaction score
That's great, now reveal the secret of just how you perform this hard pipe connection after the dryer is back in place ---- and how do you disconnect it to move it back out ?

I switched to the far tougher corrugated aluminum flex duct, but getting either end on while crammed in between the wall and dryer and with neither hard pipe end tapered, it's a future brain exploding stroke waiting to happen.

The real question is --- After my recent "Blow Job", and extracting mass quantities of lint all bonded together with my wife's long blonde hair --------- why do they bother giving us dryer filters and how does the majority of the lint somehow bypass them anyway ????? I can't recall ever cleaning an 18" long strand of hair from the lint screen, but there it was, gobs of it in the ductwork. 🤔
Lots of careful measuring to begin. Aluminum foil tape a pipe stub to the back of the dryer before moving into position. Minimal crimping on the male end of the pipe stub with a sheet metal crimping tool. Carefully slide into place.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Lots of careful measuring to begin. Aluminum foil tape a pipe stub to the back of the dryer before moving into position. Minimal crimping on the male end of the pipe stub with a sheet metal crimping tool. Carefully slide into place.

Oh no problem. LOL

EPL

Reaction score
In my work I also have to change a lot of 4 foot fluorescent bulbs and there is no room in those either to get the bulbs out in some of them. Driving me bat shit!😡😀 you can see I ripped the godamn foil….. again 😡 View attachment 1142913 View attachment 1142913
I'm with you they are a pain in the ass , even worse when there in a closet with a washer next to them !

Taboma

Reaction score
How far does this leave the back of the dryer off the wall, with a stub, then an elbow too ?? I suppose this made easier if this type of connection is considered when the exhaust duct is initially stubbed out, or up in our case.

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm with you they are a pain in the ass , even worse when there in a closet with a washer next to them !

During this most recent blow job session, while I'm crammed between the dryer and the wall, creating new and more interesting swear words by the second, my lovely assistant, my wife of 39 years, inquired "Why didn't you design laundry room a little wider ? This would be easier"
"Dryer Duct Rage" your honor, it's a real thing 😈

RichL

Reaction score
How far does this leave the back of the dryer off the wall, with a stub, then an elbow too ?? I suppose this made easier if this type of connection is considered when the exhaust duct is initially stubbed out, or up in our case.
Sometimes more than I care for. This is where a little planning on the part of the designer/builder is helpful.
Years ago while doing a remodeling job for a neighbor I was asked why the dryer was taking so long to dry a load. Upon inspection of the corrugated duct I found it full over about a 10'-12' run. Talk about a fire hazzard. Needless to say that was reconfigured with hard pipe.

Justfishing

Reaction score
Architects are to blame. They never give you enough room to properly vent. Dryers should bewithin 5 feet of exterior wall. Enough room to put solid pipe and elbows on

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
During this most recent blow job session, while I'm crammed between the dryer and the wall, creating new and more interesting swear words by the second, my lovely assistant, my wife of 39 years, inquired "Why didn't you design laundry room a little wider ? This would be easier"
"Dryer Duct Rage" your honor, it's a real thing 😈
Wives are very good at asking questions like that at inopportune times. I think the filter is on the missing chromosome.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220803-105534_Chrome.jpg

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score

About 3" -5" leave the washer out put your back to the wall and connect with 1 hand. Sounds easy 😀

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

On mine the dryer was next to the outside wall. Hard pipe straight along the wall. 90 deg elbow to the dryer. Left the washer out so I would have room to the side of the dryer to connect. I used what WTR&PWR posted to connect elbow to dryer. Dryer was about 6-8" out from wall. Just enough room for shit to fall behind. LOL had a grab tool in the laundry room to retrieve clothing that fell behind.

hman442

Reaction score
After fighting the same battle you all described, putting duct tape on a stick to get the damn slinky hose to stay on after the dryer is in place, etc., I ordered the magnetic connector pictured a few responses back, as well as this duct kit. I used the nice flush 45 degree fitting, with the magnetic connector.... shove the damn dryer back into its hole, reach down and snap the magnet in place, Done! It really made me feel like I finally outsmarted the dryer Gods!
Screenshot_20220804-062938_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
After fighting the same battle you all described, putting duct tape on a stick to get the damn slinky hose to stay on after the dryer is in place, etc., I ordered the magnetic connector pictured a few responses back, as well as this duct kit. I used the nice flush 45 degree fitting, with the magnetic connector.... shove the damn dryer back into its hole, reach down and snap the magnet in place, Done! It really made me feel like I finally outsmarted the dryer Gods! View attachment 1143144
OK, it's obvious you've got a unique advantage 🤣 ;)
If I ever design another home for us, those two infernal machines will be in an island with cabinet doors on the back side. 👍

dryer duck hooker upper.JPG