WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Part Time Nanny Referral

gqchris

Reaction score
Hey Guys, We are looking for some part time help with our daughter. She is turning 1 year old soon. Since me and my wife have no immediate family , we need someone a few days a week that can help out so we dont kill each other!

Someone with baby experience is a must. We would like to take a date night occasionally, but mostly just daytime watching while my wife handles things in the house.

Baby is crawling and curious.

Thanks all! location is Long Beach CA.

Last edited:

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Good - luck - I am glad the boys are past that stage. We had a few good ones along the way but now things are scarce. Pretty soon I will need someone just to watch my house and dock to make sure they do not tear the place down... LOL

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Hey Guys, We are looking for some part time help with our daughter. She is turning 1 year old soon. Since me and my wife have no immediate family , we need someone a few days a week that can help out so we dont kill each other!

Someone with baby experience is a must. We would like to take a date night occasionally, but mostly just daytime watching while my wife handles things in the house.

Thanks all!
Get ready for sticker shock prices!!!

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I would recommend her, she has always performed well. Great with Kids.

0f2008b313086bc4362ca0b74e0adc65.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score
Get ready for sticker shock prices!!!
Its either get some help or we are going to risk our marriage. I dont care about the price at this point.

I never realized how important the luxury and assistance of family is until last year when she was born. We have both been so independent up until this and we just pushed thru the pain of losing parents and siblings over the years.

Evan if its just for an hour 1 day a week, it gives that break for us to be together and look forward to.

gqchris

Reaction score
Good - luck - I am glad the boys are past that stage. We had a few good ones along the way but now things are scarce. Pretty soon I will need someone just to watch my house and dock to make sure they do not tear the place down... LOL
LOL. Yup. Scarce is the word. Im not looking for Mary Poppins, just a few hours of help. The pickings are slim. And we are not ever doing daycare, so here we are!

Reactions: SJP

Morehart

Reaction score
Those are the toughest times. No sleep, baby crying. In my experience ( 2 kids first is 5 second is 2) it does get better. Everyone says terrible 2's.... bullshit, they can tell you what they want, they smile and laugh, and most of all tell you "I love you dad" once school is an option. It's a break for mama. Hang in there bud.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

Thanks all!
Might want to give a general location?

gqchris

Reaction score
why not daycare?
I cant fathom leaving her with them after some videos I have seen. Im sure thats just my anxiety, but I bust my ass so that wife can stay at home and we can avoid that.

I saw too many things my niece and nephews went thru growing up with daycare since they were born.

I know some couples dont have a choice and I understand also.

To be honest, With the way the world keeps heading, we will probably do home school also.

This could all change once I move to Utah with you guys and get out of this liberal hell hole😂

gqchris

Reaction score
Those are the toughest times. No sleep, baby crying. In my experience ( 2 kids first is 5 second is 2) it does get better. Everyone says terrible 2's.... bullshit, they can tell you what they want, they smile and laugh, and most of all tell you "I love you dad" once school is an option. It's a break for mama. Hang in there bud.
Thanks brotha. I already see a difference. She just needs constant entertaining and is soaking up everything! I feel bad bad because I gotta work and provide since everything is so fucking expensive right now.

When i got done today with work, her and I built together her push car that arrived. She loved it.

On a positive note, I take her for 3 mile walks at evening time. Gives momma a break and gets my fat ass on a routine😂

attitude

Reaction score
If we lived closer to each other I would say drop her off at my house a couple days a week, I’m sure her and my 11 month old would tire each other out lol.

Things get easier, 1.5 to 2.5 was awesome, after 2.5 they start to become “threenagers”, still awesome times though.

If you guys want to catch dinner and a movie in the IE we are home most weekends.

Morehart

Reaction score
Thanks brotha. I already see a difference. She just needs constant entertaining and is soaking up everything! I feel bad bad because I gotta work and provide since everything is so fucking expensive right now.

When i got done today with work, her and I built together her push car that arrived. She loved it.

On a positive note, I take her for 3 mile walks at evening time. Gives momma a break and gets my fat ass on a routine😂

Morehart

Reaction score
Work sux. But when you get home just take over for a bit. I cook, eat then she does bath and bedtime. Routine sux. However it is temporary.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Everyone is right. It does get better. Two’s not bad at all. Threes they have an opinion. Daycare is good if you find the right one. We searched 20+ before we found ours. He is kinda the way he is because of day care. Those who have met my son will know what i mean

boatnam2

Reaction score
My girlfriends daughter watches a few different families kids when they want to go out, I'm not sure about a 1 YO but I can ask.

gqchris

Reaction score
Everyone is right. It does get better. Two’s not bad at all. Threes they have an opinion. Daycare is good if you find the right one. We searched 20+ before we found ours. He is kinda the way he is because of day care. Those who have met my son will know what i mean
Yup! Now that you got that sweet remote gig you can do double duty now :) welcome to the club. Its nice to be able to help out on the fly.

Reactions: DLC

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
Checkout LB Childcare Chatter group on Facebook, that's where we found our sitter.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
When we had a sitter/nanny when my wife was working from home we found her on Care.com

You pay a subscription to get access and those that are on their have passed backgrounds and post resumes. We interviewed, and did our own background. Everything worked out really well. She was early 20s in college and was excellent with our daughter.

OceansideRide

Reaction score
Signed in after years to tell you this- Visit/ email your local community college and talk to some instructors that teach the early childhood education classes. They will almost definitely have students that need some hours to work around their classes. Bonus is they are already studying kids and how to work with them. Our youngest is a 1st grade teacher now, but when she was at Santa Ana City doing pre reqs she had a job with a fantastic family over in Anaheim. She found that job by the mom posting up in the career center. Good luck. When parents put marriage and spouse first the family unit will always definitely benefit by it. Looks you already do, kudos to you. Good luck in the search.

gqchris

Reaction score
If we lived closer to each other I would say drop her off at my house a couple days a week, I’m sure her and my 11 month old would tire each other out lol.

Things get easier, 1.5 to 2.5 was awesome, after 2.5 they start to become “threenagers”, still awesome times though.

If you guys want to catch dinner and a movie in the IE we are home most weekends.
Dude from reading your last few posts, you and your wife have hands full also! We appreciate it. I was really bummed I missed Top Gun 2 in the theatre. I am hoping some places will keep it longer. Looking forward to the 1.5 stage. 5 months to go. Lol

gqchris

Reaction score
Appreciate it this sir! I will do that AsAP tommorow. Great idea. Definately putting the family unit first. We are a traditional household and really focused on the kids and family unit like you mentioned.

attitude

Reaction score
Dude from reading your last few posts, you and your wife have hands full also! We appreciate it. I was really bummed I missed Top Gun 2 in the theatre. I am hoping some places will keep it longer. Looking forward to the 1.5 stage. 5 months to go. Lol
This is our first week on the modified schedule, her work made a little comprise and is letting her go in at 7 instead of 6 so we have time to eat dinner together. So far she is actually liking the hours because she can get some decent sleep. I can’t complain either, I’m blessed to have well behaved kids. My youngest is finally getting to an age where he can play with his 3 year old brother so they tend to keep each other busy. Once your daughter can walk, talk, and has some independence it is a whole different world.

Top Gun was a great movie, the first movie we went and saw since having kids, I’d highly recommend it.

If you get to that point where driving an hour away for a date night sounds like a good idea we wouldn’t mind babysitting at all!

DLC

Reaction score
I wish I was closer to ya !
I could watch her while she naps!
although that sounds kinda ok Really ….. Creepy !

lol

things will get better for ya

asking for help is a great idea!

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Check out colleges.

Our neighbor would get their part time nannies from colleges. They liked getting the extra money and a lot of them had little siblings, so they knew what they were doing.

The benefit to us was getting some of them to house sit our dogs when we were away. They loved coming to our house to just watch dogs. They would do their laundry and I would stock the fridge with food. I would stock with a little beer as well, but lock up the liquor. Never had a problem. Most were very easy on the eyes as well.

Reactions: SJP

FCT

Reaction score

Same here. My wife would be happy to get her girl fix. Our two rough ass boys don’t exactly give her the princess fix 🤣. She keeps bugging me for a girl and I tell her she’s just going to get another boy lol.

Like you we don’t have much help, wife stays home and we refuse to send the kids to daycare and we trust just about no one with them. My favorite option is my wife’s friends mom. She is an amazing mom and grandma. Maybe try that route over a young girl. I just feel more at ease with a grandma figure 🤷‍♂️. Both boys are in preschool at our church 3 days a week for 3.5 hours a day which definitely helps so your wife has Thst to look forward to because even that short break has made a difference 👍

Hang in there! It does get better. Then worse, then better and so on 🤣

attitude

Reaction score
Same here. My wife would be happy to get her girl fix. Our two rough ass boys don’t exactly give her the princess fix 🤣. She keeps bugging me for a girl and I tell her she’s just going to get another boy lol.

Like you we don’t have much help, wife stays home and we refuse to send the kids to daycare and we trust just about no one with them. My favorite option is my wife’s friends mom. She is an amazing mom and grandma. Maybe try that route over a young girl. I just feel more at ease with a grandma figure 🤷‍♂️. Both boys are in preschool at our church 3 days a week for 3.5 hours a day which definitely helps so your wife has Thst to look forward to because even that short break has made a difference 👍

Hang in there! It does get better. Then worse, then better and so on 🤣
Luckily my mom lives less than 10 minutes away, but moms always have a hard time trusting other people with their first baby, now that we’re on to the second kid grandma can watch them whenever she wants lol.

• Haha
Reactions: FCT

FCT

Reaction score
Luckily my mom lives less than 10 minutes away, but moms always have a hard time trusting other people with their first baby, now that we’re on to the second kid grandma can watch them whenever she wants lol.
We had that luxury of my mom close by until recently. She still comes back to CA a lot which definitely helps but not having her around the corner at a moments notice sucks 🤣

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Just like you, we needed help during different stages of growing babies and employment variances with our 2 kids.

^^^ I have known the owner Tiffany and her Husband for years and she has found us multiple helpers both part time and full time from OC to LA. Housekeepers, Nannys, Party Chefs etc. They have 3 young kiddos and were just in Parker with my fam a few weeks ago.

If anyone needs anyone, it's worth a call. Often she has professionals & college students trying to fill part-time schedules all background checked etc.. Best part: depending on your agreement, If you don't like them, they quit etc., she'll send you a new person.

Last edited:

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
At one year they are just learning to walk and getting into everything. You start putting things higher out of reach too. My know it all nephew has a one year old son that is into everything. I suggested a play pen and he said for what? I said piece of mind. Put him in there with a few toys he may cry cause he's not getting all of your attention, he'll get over it and start playing with the toys. Then momma can go about doing her business and not worry about your daughter getting into anything. If she's a climber all bets are off and your in trouble. LOL!!! Then find a baby sitter for the night out. Ask around the neighbor hood I sure there is a high school girl close by who would be willing.

brecht

Reaction score
Good luck! We have a 1.5 year old that's in day care full time Monday-Thursday but its more of a school. She knows English, Spanish and sign language plus we get weekly progress reports on her development and a quarterly "parent teacher conference". They have an app where they upload photos through the day, what she's eating, every time she takes a shit, etc... I swear she likes it there more than home lol plus I like that she's hanging out with other kids all day.

The downside is there is a "covid scare" every other week, a few times now they've shut down the class for a week at a time leaving us stranded. Baby sitters we've tried to find are absolutely useless. They want $25/hour and want covid tests and wear masks - its BS.

I hear you on the date night thing. its driving us insane too. We haven't had a 1 on 1 date since she was born basically unless my mom or her mom is in town which isn't often enough.

We tried care.com but I was judging way too hard on these peoples pictures. My wife has had some luck on local facebook mommy groups for other baby things - check there. Also I see stuff on nextdoor app all the time too but idk. feels so weird leaving her with a random when she's not 100% communicating yet

Bails

Reaction score
Chris,
I didn't read all the replies. We sent our son to the LBCC CDC (long beach city college, child development). They have a nationally recognized program and teachers, I highly recommend it. look into the one on the PCC campus (on PCH and Orange) as it is the better of the two.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Signed in after years to tell you this- Visit/ email your local community college and talk to some instructors that teach the early childhood education classes. They will almost definitely have students that need some hours to work around their classes. Bonus is they are already studying kids and how to work with them. Our youngest is a 1st grade teacher now, but when she was at Santa Ana City doing pre reqs she had a job with a fantastic family over in Anaheim. She found that job by the mom posting up in the career center. Good luck. When parents put marriage and spouse first the family unit will always definitely benefit by it. Looks you already do, kudos to you. Good luck in the search.

Solid advice..