WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Frontier Communications

ikester

Reaction score
They charge us for a service they cannot provide (with any consistency, one minute you have it.... the next you don't). What a concept. They truly are the last Frontier.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I, unfortunately, had Frontier for 9 years at our river place. If it was hot, no internet, if it was cold, no internet, if it rained, no internet. Decided that no internet was better than what I had. Used phones as hot spots when we really needed something. Recently, T-Mobile came up with a cellular based home internet and at its worst works better than Frontier.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Man I’ve been lucky…In North Havasu using their cheapest plan with very good reliability and streaming capabilities for over 6 years.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Man I’ve been lucky…In North Havasu using their cheapest plan with very good reliability and streaming capabilities for over 6 years.
I used them for a decade or more with very little issues other than some slowness.
Put in Wirefree & honestly it feels no different. Maybe more frequent momentary drops though. 🤷‍♂️
Starlink may be avenue we'll check into next.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Frontier wi-fi for us on the south side mostly Sux. And we received a notice telling us to not expect it to get any better. WTF?? Then they raised their rates! Amazing. Hoping this new Allo outfit may be better.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We have them and had no problems for 10 years, but things changed about a year ago. It took them a few weeks, a couple modems and some remote port repair and we've been good for about six months. Their biggest problem right now is lack of techs, it takes two weeks for them to get someone in town. I'm sitting at home waiting on a tech that is due between 8-12 to fix our land line, it went out on the first big rain about 8 days ago, this is the first available repair date.👎

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Well, the tech showed up about half hour ago, took him about 20min, it was a problem at a pedestal a few houses away. I don't expect any more problems on the land line.
BTW by todays standards it not all that fast, but I do achieve the approximate speed they claim on the internet. 11.5 mbps download and .7 mbps upload which works for what I do. May look into Allo in the future.