WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have a vcr for sale in Havasu?

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Looked in pawn shops around here and nada. There are old vacation movies my dad wants to see. Have a double decker but neither side will load and play

hboutlaw

Reaction score
If you know anyone in Huntington Beach heading to Havasu I have one...free.
It's in the back of my truck to go to Goodwill.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
St. Vincent DePaul used to have a few also.

77charger

Reaction score
i have more than a few vhs too and when we moved wife said toss it out i laughed said how the fuck you think were gonna play old memories also have a sony 8mm too.i played it for kids on the 8mm last year when they were little we had some great laughs.

Sad these days everything is on a phone and i hear friends cry evry year cause they lost archives.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
My wife has a shitpot of old VHS tapes and movie's on CD's.....what do you do with them now? No CD player and no tape player. Trash???

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Possibly have the vhs movies converted to digital? I somehow held onto my Sony VHS player, but I’ve found the tapes I still have are degrading in quality as time progresses - even stored properly.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Possibly have the vhs movies converted to digital? I somehow held onto my Sony VHS player, but I’ve found the tapes I still have are degrading in quality as time progresses - even stored properly.
There are quite a few videographer places that will convert VHS to DVD. They simply stream it off tape while recording on DVD. Ask for archival DVDs and they won’t degrade for a long time.

Once they are on dvd you can rip them to a different movie format and put them on other media types (hard drive or up in the cloud).

It’s usually pretty inexpensive.