WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anybody here rent out to SnowBirds?

Ladsm

Reaction score
I talked to a local realtor yesterday and found out many of her SnowBird renters come here from Canada but this year she has 300 houses in Bullhead that have always been reserved by now but the people are not coming back this year. Multiple reasons were given, Gas Prices, Inflation, housing rent increases.

Anybody else seeing their Snowbirds not returning this winter??

sintax

Reaction score
nope, ours gave full payment 2 weeks after they left in March.

just_floatin

Reaction score
My Wisconsin snowbirds are going into year 10 at my LHC property December - March all paid in full. I have raised the rent as property taxes and utilities have gone up, but still well below LHC rental rates. A lot can be said for good tenants that do not destroy your place.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
My Montana birds are returning as well. Never had a problem finding new ones as they seem to travel in packs. As soon as they hear someone not returning the phone starts ringing. The non returners are either health or they buy something of their own.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I talked to a local realtor yesterday and found out many of her SnowBird renters come here from Canada but this year she has 300 houses in Bullhead that have always been reserved by now but the people are not coming back this year. Multiple reasons were given, Gas Prices, Inflation, housing rent increases.

Snowbirds are creatures of habit. They will be back. Mine said they will come back when they left in spring. I don't really care if they do or not since I use the house if no one rents it. You should have asked her an exact number it doesn't really tell us much as we all know he/she doesn't have anywhere close to 300 vacancies maybe 30 or 40 it probably seems overwhelming to the realtor when they normally have 10 or 15 at any given time.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

300 hundred my bullshit meter just went through the roof.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Can we expect an overabundance of storage unit availability as well?
My understanding is that Colorado river real estate will be plummeting very soon. The mass snowbird exodus of 2022 will be the catalyst.

Stock up on essentials winter is coming.

rickym20

Reaction score
glad to hear the guys that haven’t had their birds fly the coupe. Our Family house was rented last couple years during snow bird season but no luck so far this year.

If it doesn’t rent maybe I will cancel some Glamis trips and try the trails out there instead. We will see…

FishSniper

Reaction score
glad to hear the guys that haven’t had their birds fly the coupe. Our Family house was rented last couple years during snow bird season but no luck so far this year.

If it doesn’t rent maybe I will cancel some Glamis trips and try the trails out there instead. We will see…
When we bought the plan was to rent to snowbirds but we’ve liked the winters out here so much we haven’t even tried to get any.

satellitemike

Reaction score
I think my daughter said she was getting 17K in rent for 3.5 months to snowbirds, anyone else gettting that kind of coin for a 3 bed, 2 bath w pool and spa?

SixD9R

Reaction score
Our Florida house was booked for this coming winter (December through March) this past spring. We have not had returning guests but for 3 seasons we never had a problem getting someone in there.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Our Florida house was booked for this coming winter (December through March) this past spring. We have not had returning guests but for 3 seasons we never had a problem getting someone in there.

We have had quite a few Canadian not return to our park. Cost is main reason. Health concerns for a few.