WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pizza !

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Alright , I’ve noticed almost all pizza places these days taste barely 1 notch above frozen pizza . What are your favorite Pizza places and why do you like them ? I’m in Havasu , but please list any places

hallett21

Reaction score
Alright , I’ve noticed almost all pizza places these days taste barely 1 notch above frozen pizza . What are your favorite Pizza places and why do you like them ? I’m in Havasu , but please list any places
Winners in Thousand Oaks. But I think you already knew about that one 😉

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Petrillos.... The best!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
LHC - 1) Rosati's 2) La Vita Dolce 3) Papa Leone's
NYC - Lucali's, Henry St. Brooklyn. You bring your own wine. Owner long ago had some problems with LE. So he can't get a Liquor License. Amazing place. Even Jerry Seinfeld has to wait in line outside.

Grew up in Downey. There was a Sal's Italian Market. The pizza was excellent. Lived in northern Italy for 4 years. The pizza there was usually individual size. Liked what they called a Quattro Stagoni. It had artichokes, mushroom, olives and ham.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Had Rosati’s thin crust delivered last night. Wasn’t too bad at all. I’d order it from them again in a heartbeat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Red Barron over by Del Taco actually has decent pizza..

I'd kill to have a round table open up here though.

RD

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Pars is my all time fav, they made everything in house. Divorce is the reason they closed.

Ameci Pizza or Round Table

I'm still looking for a authentic pizza shop in OC.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
We really like the pizza @ Mudsharks brewery

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Round Table, Pizza Guys for a chain
Local is Nicks Pizza
Loved Straw Hat when I was a kid

dave29

Reaction score
Papa Murphys. They're a franchise. We have them here in Co. and if you go to their website, they're in most states. Hell, there's one in Havasu on M. Blvd!!!! You order, they put it together then you take it home and cook it. Really killer and fresh!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
LHC - 1) Rosati's 2) La Vita Dolce 3) Papa Leone's
NYC - Lucali's, Henry St. Brooklyn. You bring your own wine. Owner long ago had some problems with LE. So he can't get a Liquor License. Amazing place. Even Jerry Seinfeld has to wait in line outside.

Grew up in Downey. There was a Sal's Italian Market. The pizza was excellent. Lived in northern Italy for 4 years. The pizza there was usually individual size. Liked what they called a Quattro Stagoni. It had artichokes, mushroom, olives and ham.
Sal’s was awesome!! Persico’s was exceptionally good too.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Round table for a pizza chain is pretty decent. If you are ever in Reno/Sparks hit up Chuck's Boulevard Pizza they have the best in the area and have great wings to go with it.
I am going to have remember that place. Round Table is the better one around Carson City, but they stopped delivering to us a few years back. All of the sudden we were too far for them. 🤷‍♂️

Nordie

Reaction score
Our goto in Vegas is Hungry Howies, all of their ingredients taste fresh, and their sauce doesn't give me heart burn.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Red Barron over by Del Taco actually has decent pizza..

I'd kill to have a round table open up here though.

RD

So I'm hearing is Havasu is in desperate need of an Italian restaurant. ;)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
“One bite, everyone knows the rules!”

Corona, CA - Anthony’s although I love their Stromboli more than their pizza.

Menifee, CA - Giovanni’s Pizza (Chicken Alfredo)

Temecula, CA - Stadium Pizza only because that’s where we went when we won our baseball games.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Papa Murphys. They're a franchise. We have them here in Co. and if you go to their website, they're in most states. Hell, there's one in Havasu on M. Blvd!!!! You order, they put it together then you take it home and cook it. Really killer and fresh!

I always thought this was the worst business model... Go by a uncooked pizza and cook it at home.... Really!

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Roundtable can be great or really horrible....depends on the location

A's Pizza in Canyon Lake is awesome
Rosati's in Temecula is good for Chicago Style
Pizzamania in Whittier is a goto

retaocleg

Reaction score
in havasu
pza for thin, wood fired.......honorable for kens, but more of a homer for the years i have eaten
mudshark for normal in between thin and pan, and the salads......the house vinaigrette is awesome
rosattis for pizza lasagna, aka deep dish

ltbaney1

Reaction score
I always thought this was the worst business model... Go by a uncooked pizza and cook it at home.... Really!
if you have a smoker, put it in there and let it go. comes out awesome. but yeah i do think its kind of weird, pizza for me is usually a last ditch effort for food. i normally dont want to work for it. i want to be lazy and sit on the couch and have them bring it to me.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I recently bought a cheap Pizza oven off of Amazon. I've been making my own Pizza's lately, using Trader Joe's crust.. It's fun and easy. Admittingly, I haven't made anything that has knocked my socks off yet but I'm tying different recipes all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    834.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

mbrown2

Reaction score
HB - Zero/Zero Pizza 39....
HB - Ria (pretty good detroit style just opened)...
Chandler AZ - Always loved NYPD pizza...the brooklyn style...

caribbean20

Reaction score
Beau Jo’s - Idaho Springs, CO
Pedones - Hermosa Beach, CA
Louie’s - Hazel Park, MI

Done-it-again

Reaction score
if you have a smoker, put it in there and let it go. comes out awesome. but yeah i do think its kind of weird, pizza for me is usually a last ditch effort for food. i normally dont want to work for it. i want to be lazy and sit on the couch and have them bring it to me.
100%, and if I cook my own I make my one..... I do buy the dough from Trader Joe's, its cheap.

To late for the smoker the Papa Murphys near us closed down....couldn't complete next to Costco and their Pizza.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
My favorite Pizza joint is "Secret Stash" in Crested Butte CO.. They make some incredible pies.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Eureka and Arcata Ca. Live From New York. Granted their covid/post covid prices are stupid and we rarely splurge anymore.
Miranda Avenue of the Giants. Avenue Cafe has good pizza. RD can verify. 😉

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My dad has been making a lot of pizza in his BBQ topper pizza oven. They have been really good so for fathers day I made him a custom Pizza Peel using the wife's laser. Learned a few things with the resin, but overall I'm happy with the end result for my first time using epoxy to fill wood.

Attachments

• 20220806_150206.jpg
    20220806_150206.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 11

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I'm going to try red Barron pizza and wings tonight in Havasu. I'll let you know my opinion. I've done pza pizza its alright

ltbaney1

Reaction score
HB = Two Brothers
Flagstaff = Nimarcos
Parker= La Piazza
I love two brothers, we used to ride our bikes there on the weekends and during summer as kids. im honestly suprised they survived, the remake of that shopping center. when ever i go in there during the week for lunch it seems like im the only one in there.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm surprised less people mentioned Ken's on Mesquite. They have great dough. Not great for dine in, pretty dull and small inside.

Papa Leone's is the one over by London Bridge right? That place has great pie too. Decent for dine in, if the weather is nice their patio has a couple tables that look down on the channel

Oh yeah, Red Baron over behind the Del Taco kinda by the Eagle's club, great pie too, this is good for dine in as they have a bar and lots of seating.

Rossati's is Chicago style, i don't really consider that pizza, more like bread lasanga, but it's definitely good if that's what you're looking for.

If you're in Henderson/Vegas, Settebello is fucking top notch. My stepfather was born and raised in Milano Italy, he said hands down it's the only pizza in America that comes to close to real italian pizza.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I recently bought a cheap Pizza oven off of Amazon. I've been making my own Pizza's lately, using Trader Joe's crust.. It's fun and easy. Admittingly, I haven't made anything that has knocked my socks off yet but I'm tying different recipes all the time.
Try the traders on the grill (lite olive oil) for a few to get a little crusty. Then finish in the oven with your toppings. I’ve started splitting the dough into two. More for personalized size pizza.

grew up in Downey and always was a Pina pizza fan.

Last edited: