WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What West Coast Boat Brand Will Stand The Test Of Time And Is Otherwise "The Ultimate"

Which brand is "The GOAT"

• Schiada

• Hallett

• Magic

• Bayliner

• RD SUX

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA!

Magic and Bayliner are though? Come on.

Howard? Cole? Spectra? Campbell? The list goes on.
Bayliner was for laughs. Magics, because their 20 yr old boats are selling for more than brand new

Backlash

Reaction score
With that list, Schiada no doubt. Period, end of story.

But, I also think about how Howard, Cole and Eliminator also changed the world of performance boating.....

I'd still consider Schiada "The best of the best." Their quality and workmanship is second to none.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Nordic has been around since the sixties.

ya but this is a list of companies that people have been paying STUPID money for.... I certainly didnt get stupid money for my Howard 2 yrs ago whrn I sold it

mbrown2

Reaction score
Missing a lot of brands......... but I will go with Crystaliner... started building them in the 50's... They still patrol the beaches around LA and Orange county; definitely not trailer queens (I gotta guess over 100's thousands of hour if not million), rare and sought after.......even they closed their doors more than a decade ago, now Wiliard marine will build a licensed Crystaliner... this company has history with Miami to Nassau win... built the design for the Navy's first 16' fiberglass boat. I always thought the Lifeguard boats were Spectra's....So I did a bit of research on them years ago...

Last edited:

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Tough question on many levels. That said, Cigarette is responsible for modern day high performance boats over 26 feet.
And Bob of Eliminator personally started high performance boating to the masses with the Daytona line (Ron deserves credit too).

Ladsm

Reaction score
I love my Shockwave and it made it through the 2008 recession. So many of the other brands have been taken back by the bank or sold off.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
this thread sux

It’s like say what’s the best fast food and only putting 3 options when there’s 30 fast food places that all suck not just 3

I put the 3 that seamed like a lot of people would be willing to sell their first born child for. Im not knocking Eliminator or any of the other great brands, but I dont see/hear of people busting down doors for a 25 year old Eliminator either....

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I love my Shockwave and it made it through the 2008 recession. So many of the other brands have been taken back by the bank or sold off.

I saw a Shockwave on Lake Travis a couple days ago. had to do a double take, as it was a beautiful very out of place boat in these parts

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Missing a lot of brands......... but I will go with Crystaliner... started building them in the 50's... They still patrol the beaches around LA and Orange county; definitely not trailer queens (I gotta guess over 100's thousands of hour if not million), rare and sought after.......even they closed their doors more than a decade ago, now Wiliard marine will build a licensed Crystaliner... this company has history with Miami to Nassau win... built the design for the Navy's first 16' fiberglass boat. I always thought the Lifeguard boats were Spectra's....So I did a bit of research on them years ago...
We used to rent Willard space in our yard back when we were in Anaheim off Miraloma some 25 years ago. They produced a Port Pilot boat about every two weeks, tons of military shit, super nice folks and super well organized. You can see some Willard Pilot House RIB's running around just outside Huntington Harbor, I remember watching them get loaded and shipped. They are a big outfit and they also do some stuff thats bigtime incognito.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I would have to go with Hallett. When I think Magic, I think baller deck boat on a beach. Nothing wrong with that, I love them. When I think Schiada, I immediately think of a beautiful boat on a three axle trailer. Kind of like a sexy nun...wasted if not made wet.

Hallett's remind me of Havasu. They seem to have a massive following, and their style is pretty timeless.

hallett21

Reaction score
Schiada and Hallett because they are family legacy boats. They’ll never go away.

Though I’m getting worried about Hallett continuing. @RiverDave whats it gonna cost me to take over Hallett?

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I would have to go with Hallett. When I think Magic, I think baller deck boat on a beach. Nothing wrong with that, I love them. When I think Schiada, I immediately think of a beautiful boat on a three axle trailer. Kind of like a sexy nun...wasted if not made wet.

Hallett's remind me of Havasu. They seem to have a massive following, and their style is pretty timeless.
If you take the roots back to Rich Hallett before Barron. The first top fuel hydros (wood by the way) and Lee Taylor’s Hustler (fastest boat in the world for over a decade did test runs at Havasu) also wood with a GE jet engine until Ken Warby broke the record.

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
E5A1F467-0FEF-420E-9EB2-F32E39B4892E.jpeg
Should Sanger be on that list?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Schiada. Mainly because I grew up admiring them and riding in them. Lee builds beautiful well built boats.

Of this list Hallet would be second only because I don’t have the childhood history with them and they seemed pretty pedestrian to the Schiadas.

I’m partial to Eliminator since I’ve known Bob since I was a kid and hung out there constantly. But not Eliminator 2.0. I’ll have to buy something else for my next ride. Maybe a LaveyCraft if they ever resume.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Of the hundreds of guys that will look at this thread, you will have a myriad of styles, a DCB does not compete with the same customer as a Sanger. Sanger is now a tournament boat company but the heritage is strong in Racing and river boats... I say Sanger , Spectra will or have stood the test time, an that is a totally unbiased opinion :)

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I saw a Shockwave on Lake Travis a couple days ago. had to do a double take, as it was a beautiful very out of place boat in these parts
white and blue? has a teague 1150 in it if it was.....his buddy is building a 34 shockwave that is gonna blow peoples minds when they hear whats going in it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I put the 3 that seamed like a lot of people would be willing to sell their first born child for. Im not knocking Eliminator or any of the other great brands, but I dont see/hear of people busting down doors for a 25 year old Eliminator either....
You’re not watching the market very close than. 2002 Daytona ICC with a 496 sells for over 70 and with a 525 or bigger 100.

10 year old Howard Sport decks are selling just at or over 200k.

A 10 year old shockwave 22’ deck will fetch north of 75k

Those are all on par with say the Magic crowd.

When you touch into a Hallett they are being bought for what they are not the i can fit my crowd on it. And Schiada, fuc# have you ever seen one cheap? They are the filet of boats

I stick to this thread sux with the options you put up 😝🤣🤣

Englewood

Reaction score
My choice is Eliminator.

People in line to buy new ones.

25yr old Daytona’s still fetching a lot of $$$.

Eliminator made everyone better.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
white and blue? has a teague 1150 in it if it was.....his buddy is building a 34 shockwave that is gonna blow peoples minds when they hear whats going in it.

If it has silver too that was probably the one. if so, it sounded pretty tame for an 1150. Although he wasnt exactly in it at the time either