WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Roadrunner!😪

cofooter

Reaction score
Are the McCormacks the leaseholders for the Bar or the landowners?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Probably a couple million in deferred maintenance.
Easy...

The dock bar is a complete rebuild. Owners know it and I doubt they have money to support it and then there is all the Army Core of Engineers hoops to jump through.

How Foxs did it I haven't a clue. Perhaps same exact size gets it in the door with the feds. Havent a clue.

Like thousands of others there is a feeling of loss of an Icon. Definitely a hole in the water so to speak.

The pressure on what remains will be immense. Fortunately we have semi decent food right at Emerald.

humvkev

Reaction score
This is sad, I have been going there since I was a kid in the early 90's, and I have been taking my kids there now. Stopped there a few time this last weekend too.

MSum661

Reaction score
This is sad, I have been going there since I was a kid in the early 90's, and I have been taking my kids there now. Stopped there a few time this last weekend too.

I was there Saturday with my wife for a couple of Ortega Chile Burgers and a Beer.
Easy going beautiful day. Good crowd too!
Lots of fun memories since the 1980's.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
It's in need of an overhaul and cleanup. About 15 years overdue. The dock is about to break into pieces and the RV park can using a good cleaning. I think it lost its spark around the 2008 recession. It's always been great to visit.
And I am not sure those on power will let them replace it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's in need of an overhaul and cleanup. About 15 years overdue. The dock is about to break into pieces and the RV park can using a good cleaning. I think it lost its spark around the 2008 recession. It's always been great to visit.
It’s floating on inflated truck inter tubes divers changed out from time to time unless that changed.

I had some pix of the divers in action someplace.

Might have to be like Foxes and float new construction.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s floating on inflated truck inter tubes divers changed out from time to time unless that changed.

I had some pix of the divers in action someplace.

Might have to be like Foxes and float new construction.
The dock is being pushed down on the edges from the weight of the roof. It can’t be fixed at this point. Needs to be rebuilt.

Reactions: TPC

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_4125.jpg

😢😢

Such fun memories at this place. I hope someone can continue the legacy.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

Roadrunner Floating Dock Bar & Restaurant

48m ·

Sorry we haven’t been able to respond to everyone over the past few days. As you can imagine the messages, calls, inquires, and curiousness surrounding the rumors have been immense. Thank you for the support, love, and concern you’ve shown. We've definitely felt the love
☺️

After 40 years of the McCormack family and the past 20 years with Jeff and Stephanie it is time to say farewell. We will be closing September 30th
😢

We are eternally grateful to our RR family. No words can describe the love we have for them. They are the glue and duct tape that have held us together over all these years.
To all of our amazing customers, you will most definitely be missed: We will never forget all the fun times...and not to mention dirty times we have had over the years on the Parker Strip.
😜
😂

There are so many memories over the last 40 years that we could never forget
❤️

There is so much more we could say-we could spend months posting about so many great memories and funny stories, but we hope you remember them as much as we will
☺️

We have truly enjoyed watching everyone grow up over the years. We’ve seen many go from being kids hanging with their parents on the dock swimming and fishing, to become parents continuing the river tradition with kids of their own. Oh the beautiful things we’ve witnessed over all these years!
🥲

From the first Roadraper poured to the last we’ve loved being a part of your river family. Thank you and may your lives be as blessed as our’s have over the years
❤️

May be an image of text

135 Comments
252 Shares

Comment

They’ve since deleted this post for some reason

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Fox's & pirates better up thier game quick! ... gonna get slammed ..

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Easy...

The dock bar is a complete rebuild. Owners know it and I doubt they have money to support it and then there is all the Army Core of Engineers hoops to jump through.

How Foxs did it I haven't a clue. Perhaps same exact size gets it in the door with the feds. Havent a clue.

Like thousands of others there is a feeling of loss of an Icon. Definitely a hole in the water so to speak.

The pressure on what remains will be immense. Fortunately we have semi decent food right at Emerald.
I think Fox’s was a DIY. A hell of a DIY.
A thread all itself.

gqchris

Reaction score
And hopefully NOT The Pirates Den/Resort guy, experience drinks with a horrible pour.😡
Yup. You know damn well they are going to get it and make yet another pirate place! Seems like they the only ones that have coin.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Yes the dock needs work, but besides that I like it just the way it is, it's the river!
There is no fixing up that dock. If any of the old guys get close to the edge with their walker they are going in the water.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Had lunch/dinner there Thursday and wife and a couple of her friends closed it down on Friday night! I love the place but you could kinda feel the closing coming the even shut down early Wednesday night.

brgrcru

Reaction score
The bar fights will move to Fox’s.

$6.6 large is a big monthly nut to crack.
Desert Bar Kenny said to me it’s not the money printing press people think it is.
6.6 mil No sweat
All small business make money like crazy
All cash cows
After the first year , bet who ever buys it, made so much money , they can remodel it with all the cash they made .

Morehart

Reaction score
What a bummer. Sadly I didn't stop by last month I was there. Now I probably won't be going back till October. 😕
Super bummed

Spectra18

Reaction score
Yup. You know damn well they are going to get it and make yet another pirate place! Seems like they the only ones that have coin.
What’s wrong with pirates ? Great food ‘minus the roaches.

Spectra18

Reaction score
Blue water sucks, got kicked out for now wearing a Mask two weeks ago, The security there think they are the shit. F that place.
Seriously the way they surrounded the patrons around the bar, you’d think they’re smuggling illegal buttplugs up their butts ?

R2theb40

Reaction score
Strange, the posts about Roadrunner closing have been deleted off FB ?

77charger

Reaction score
6.6 mil No sweat
All cash cows
After the first year , bet who ever buys it, made so much money , they can remodel it with all the cash they made .
Buy it then apply for ppp loan next time around.if it includes the rv part money can be made but last time there few years ago those docks were hammered.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
6.6 mil No sweat
All cash cows
I read the post and though "WTF is this guy thinking". Then I saw who posted it and caught the sarcasm.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
6.6 mil No sweat
All cash cows
After the first year , bet who ever buys it, made so much money , they can remodel it with all the cash they made . -Jao Biden

Water Romper

Reaction score
Since the RR was/has always been a "staple" on the river, almost earning a title of "Historical" value (although I bet it's not old enough and pretty sure Mark Twain never been there) would the city consider keeping this place "afloat"- literally?
Maybe a grant or the re-development department can entice new ownership with the cities blessing and help.

I see the price tag is north of 6 million- how long would your ROI (return on investment) be before you're in the profit margin? Thats a lot of Coors Light!

There is one glimmer of hope- No one has claimed the 1-billion-dollar lottery win, Maybe an inmate will be the "new" winner and after the 500 million you take home, buy yourself a piece of river history.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
In todays society it’s hard to imagine the risk of exposure to liability that these landmark establishments might face?
I too have fond memories of fantastic times in the bars and grills at landmark establishments of my past.
But they either adapt or die.
We see pages of prayers when drunken boaters kill innocents. If I owned a bar that faced that sort of exposure to liability I’d likely be entertaining offers from developers…?

brgrcru

Reaction score
Since the RR was/has always been a "staple" on the river, almost earning a title of "Historical" value (although I bet it's not old enough and pretty sure Mark Twain never been there) would the city consider keeping this place "afloat"- literally?
Maybe a grant or the re-development department can entice new ownership with the cities blessing and help.

I see the price tag is north of 6 million- how long would your ROI (return on investment) be before you're in the profit margin? Thats a lot of Coors Light!

There is one glimmer of hope- No one has claimed the 1-billion-dollar lottery win, Maybe an inmate will be the "new" winner and after the 500 million you take home, buy yourself a piece of river history.
Historical land mark wound prevent any updates and remodeling . Outside and inside of the original structure

I would never buy it. If it had that classification.

Your in super deep at 6.6 mil
You better have a super deep pockets