WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLC

Reaction score
Don’t ever do that. Buy something used.

A new Tacoma/Colorado/Ranger built to hang with a good SXS - you’ll have $90k+ into the truck and mods at a minimum.

The truck will hang in washes and open spaces.. it will never hang with a SXS on the trails or fast technical stuff.

Semi Stock Tundra will keep up if Crazy Jimmy is Driving!

he was all over us Like In the Back Seat of the RZR on the 1st Alamo trip!!

lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

A new Tacoma/Colorado/Ranger built to hang with a good SXS - you’ll have $90k+ into the truck and mods at a minimum.

The truck will hang in washes and open spaces.. it will never hang with a SXS on the trails or fast technical stuff.
crazy jimmy driving and it will lol

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

Oh please. Nothing performs like a SxS 😂😂😂
And how about pounds of dust per mile eaten. 😱😱😱

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Not knocking the SxS crew, but the argument about how fast you can get somewhere kinda pin points the captive audience to a tee. When I go out wheeling (or at least used to) it wasn't about how fast I could get through the trail, it was about enjoying the environment. The current cars have come a long way from the original SxS's clogging up the trails, but at this point it is almost like trying to argue apples and oranges when comparing "Jeeps" and "Speed" cars. To each his own.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not knocking the SxS crew, but the argument about how fast you can get somewhere kinda pin points the captive audience to a tee. When I go out wheeling (or at least used to) it wasn't about how fast I could get through the trail, it was about enjoying the environment. The current cars have come a long way from the original SxS's clogging up the trails, but at this point it is almost like trying to argue apples and oranges when comparing "Jeeps" and "Speed" cars. To each his own.

It’s a pointless argument because everyone likes something different. Every genre of off roading is a different off-road experience, just like boats are all different experiences on the water. No one says a DCB is “less of an experience” because you get to the springs in 10 minutes from Havasu.

If you want to enjoy the environment going 20 MPH in a sealed Jeep with climate control, have at it. That is a great way to off road, but is not my number one choice. I’m not got to say anything about it unless someone starts talking a bunch of shit to me about what I like because they are an ill informed doofus.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If you want to enjoy the environment going 20 MPH in a sealed Jeep with climate control, have at it. That is a great way to off road, but is not my number one choice. I’m not got to say anything about it unless someone starts talking a bunch of shit to me about what I like because they are an ill informed doofus.

Well,a fine Saturday Good Morning to you. I really hope RD appreciates the traffic you personnaly create around here. Great entertainment. LoL. Just a matter of time either you or RD announce running for public office somewhere,preferably LHC.
Keep in mind old people still have vote privileges. :)

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It’s a pointless argument because everyone likes something different. Every genre of off roading is a different off-road experience, just like boats are all different experiences on the water. No one says a DCB is “less of an experience” because you get to the springs in 10 minutes from Havasu.

Sealed lol
EB579DCD-9E7B-46FD-91C1-76CF8072A513.jpeg

yz450mm

Reaction score
Well,a fine Saturday Good Morning to you. I really hope RD appreciates the traffic you personnaly create around here. Great entertainment. LoL. Just a matter of time either you or RD announce running for public office somewhere,preferably LHC.
Keep in mind old people still have vote privileges. :)
RD won't have time, he will be too busy turning Roadrunner into Roadrunner Dave's Place. He can even use the same logo as RDP!

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
It’s the law for a car, but does that apply to an OHV as well?
It's a transaction of goods. It should be governed by the UCC. I don't see why that distinction would matter under the UCC.

But that's just an educated guess

Singleton

Reaction score
It’s the law for a car, but does that apply to an OHV as well?
Applies to anything financed no matter the state. On cash transactions, it is considered fraud if you sell a product, take the cash and don’t deliver it to the customer (expecially if registered via the DMV in CA) within 30 days (think OCM issues). Will take someone getting pissed and pressing the issue if that occurs.

I am wondering how registration will work. Rumor is all deliveries will be in AZ (based on paper), and still can’t find the CARB cents, so wondering if you will even be able to register as an OHV in CA.

Reactions: DWC

Singleton

Reaction score
So will the naysayers start back peddling?
No. I have said since day 1, RG overpromised and under-delivered on dates (not features). When folks go back and read those naysayer comments and say we were right that the timeline he gave originally was BS, then maybe. Starting 08.22 deposit holders 1-250 will be called (that is good news), says nothing about when their Hisun SXS will be delivered :).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No. I have said since day 1, RG overpromised and under-delivered on dates (not features). When folks go back and read those naysayer comments and say we were right that the timeline he gave originally was BS, then maybe. Starting 08.22 deposit holders 1-250 will be called (that is good news), says nothing about when their Hisun SXS will be delivered :).

The timeline was BS from the start. I said it would take 2 years in the original thread in 2019 before SSSS 2019.

I’ve never said they would be on time ever, I don’t know anyone that did. And that was before a pandemic.

RG underdelivered on timeline just like every other SXS manufacturer in the last 2 years. The Pro R was at least a year late as well. :)

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
Nope. They are rooting for the cars to break. They will act just like Carl did with the Pro R posting every failure.
I consider myself a Naysayer on the speed car delivery dates that is for sure and like many others the Naysayers were correct. However, In no way on earth am I ever rooting for anyone who has the balls to build something, start a business, create something new, take the chance with their name and reputation, invest time and money into something they dream about Want them to fail, well as long as they are not the idiots that are running this country into the toilet...those folks I want to fail miserably as they have proven they currently are...I hope this car is a success and will like to see what the other big boys in the sxs business come up with...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I consider myself a Naysayer on the speed car delivery dates that is for sure and like many others the Naysayers were correct. However, In no way on earth am I ever rooting for anyone who has the balls to build something, start a business, create something new, take the chance with their name and reputation, invest time and money into something they dream about Want them to fail, well as long as they are not the idiots that are running this country into the toilet...those folks I want to fail miserably as they have proven they currently are...I hope this car is a success and will like to see what the other big boys in the sxs business come up with...

So you are saying this is just like the hat holding RE thread..you are a naysayer and rooting for people to be financially impacted, but because you say you “don’t want it to fail” you arent really rooting for failure.

Thanks, at least you are consistent.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think 3+ years of waiting and delays the Naysayers are just sitting back and laughing.

Half of the naysayers already want a ride 🤣.

The smart money invested the cash while they were waiting and now have a free car, and a pile of cash, and a $50k car for $32k.

Keep laughing at me I say.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
The timeline was BS from the start. I said it would take 2 years in the original thread in 2019 before SSSS 2019.

I’ve never said they would be on time ever, I don’t know anyone that did. And that was before a pandemic.

RG underdelivered on timeline just like every other SXS manufacturer in the last 2 years. The Pro R was at least a year late as well. :)
I'm still waiting for my cyber truck. Ohhhh wait.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
So prices went up again?

I'm going to register my car in AZ but I wonder if that means I have to take possession in AZ or if I can have it sent to a cali dealer with az reg.

Dear Josh,
Speed UTV would like to congratulate you on your Pre-Order of the new El Jefe Base Edition your Master Unit number is #3222 . The base price of your unit will be $32,000.00 minus your deposit of $1,500.00 that we have received. Extra costs that you will incur for this purchase will be the delivery fee of approx. $750.00, Dealer Doc Fee $250.00, any Accessories you happen to add, tax, title, and registration. The tax, title, and registration will depend on where your register your Unit.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So prices went up again?

I'm going to register my car in AZ but I wonder if that means I have to take possession in AZ or if I can have it sent to a cali dealer with az reg.

Dear Josh,
Speed UTV would like to congratulate you on your Pre-Order of the new El Jefe Base Edition your Master Unit number is #3222 . The base price of your unit will be $32,000.00 minus your deposit of $1,500.00 that we have received. Extra costs that you will incur for this purchase will be the delivery fee of approx. $750.00, Dealer Doc Fee $250.00, any Accessories you happen to add, tax, title, and registration. The tax, title, and registration will depend on where your register your Unit.

Yes. $32k 4 seat LE is now up to $43k, + $1375 for the included 300HP Speed Key.

Im unsure what the delivery situation will look like outside Havasu deliveries. They are prioritizing Havasu deliveries, but have said you can take delivery in Anaheim as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So can you use it in glamis? Im confused by az delivery

What would delivery have to do with Glamis?

AZ has registration reciprocity with CA. If you have an AZ plate MC plate and off-road sticker, you are good in CA.

Speed has said nothing about where you can register the car. The CARB cert is not publicly viewable at this time.

So we will find out. At the end of the day, AZ is better anyway for a CA resident that off roads in AZ. If you register in CA and off-road in AZ you need a $25/annual non resident AZ state off-road pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.