WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fake Meat of the Auto Industry

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Dodge's new electric car with fake exhaust noise from speakers, fake shift feel via motor control..... 🤦‍♂️

Just like fake meat, if real meat is so bad why you trying so hard to make this shit taste and look like it.

Hopefully we look back at this shit like the Pontiac Aztec in 10 years... If you are gonna make an electric car just make it, don't try to shoe horn it into a muscle car's body.

And i have nothing against electric cars, this is just gay.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, where does the sound fit, on a scale of 1 to 10...

10, in my mind, is a 500 inch V8 with 14:1... kind of like a ProStock car around 1995.

1 is a tie between the "whoosh" sound of a Tesla, and an open manifold 305.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
So lame. I can’t stand fake shit on cars. Fake air scoops and diffusers. And how about BMW piping in fake engine sounds on their stereo systems..... and not being able to disable it.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I'd drive it. The styling of it is bad ass.
I agree as far as the body goes, nice clean lines.

10, in my mind, is a 500 inch V8 with 14:1... kind of like a ProStock car around 1995.

It’s more of a -6, like a fart in a fan.

Like he said, It is the way the industry is going. 😢

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
dark dark times ahead of us folks...

everyones going to be driving around in golf carts, eating fake meat, watching VR / AR, and married to "non-biological women"

RIP

I like my golf cart! Cadi grill and all. If thats the case, Im going fill on air bags and putting the stereo back in it

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Dodge's new electric car with fake exhaust noise from speakers, fake shift feel via motor control..... 🤦‍♂️

Just like fake meat, if real meat is so bad why you trying so hard to make this shit taste and look like it.

Hopefully we look back at this shit like the Pontiac Aztec in 10 years... If you are gonna make an electric car just make it, don't try to shoe horn it into a muscle car's body.

BMW did something like this starting back with the Z3 or Z4. I can't remember which one. The little 4 & 6 bangers sounded like crap, so the pumped engine noise into the passenger compartment to make it sound more......meaty.

Was gay back then too!!! 🤣

bocco

Reaction score
I agree that the fake shit is dumb. But that is one sexy bitch.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
BMW did something like this starting back with the Z3 or Z4. I can't remember which one. The little 4 & 6 bangers sounded like crap, so the pumped engine noise into the passenger compartment to make it sound more......meaty.

Was gay back then too!!! 🤣

Ford has been doing that for 10 years + In mustangs

Gelcoater

Reaction score

You’re just a negative Nellie😎

I can’t wait to dial in my tone.
Imagine this
At a stop light, you can toggle between the sound of a Dodge Daytona Hemi, an F-1 car, a Top fuel Dragster.
Etc etc. 🖕
😎

Once they figure out the power grid and how all that electricity is generated😉

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Eco Boost engines...

Do they do that to the F150, to make it sound all badass and shit too??

😁

Try again. They do it to the 5.0 😂.

No Juan wants to hear the ecoboosts. They just put bigger mufflers on them unless you get a Raptor.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

The sounds that the early plug-in Prius made sounded like whales humping…and this opinion came from Toyota employees LOL

badgas

Reaction score
I don't get adding the sound ?

My buddy took me for test drive in his Model S plaid

The cool thing about the 1.9 second 0-60 and 3 second 0-80 is that it is almost silent. Almost spooky but cool

Just keep EV's what they are but again like others have said that is no more lame than a stock civic with exhaust so loud that it wakes up the entire block.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
COMING SOON

New Charger.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Raptor. WAFJ. 🤣

My co-worker has one and thought he was a badass until I smoked him in my 18 year old naturally-aspirated Silverado. Rookie! His truck reminds me of a battery powered Milwaukee dust blower. Not even enough power to be classified as a leaf blower. 🤣

500bbc

Reaction score

Does it come with a built in leather clad drivers seat butt plug?

TimeBandit

Reaction score
It's a joke right? I mean, they are not really going to build/sell this thing are they?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Now, on electric cars, does a sound system significantly decrease your range?

If this is a serious question…
Not really, especially compared to things like HVAC and drivetrain.

For an EV, we’re more concerned with mass and packaging than power consumption. Our Class D amps are remarkably efficient.