WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Al Stoker...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A few pics from @Riverbound and another friend...

37538.jpeg
37536.jpeg
IMG-20221029-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20221029-WA0002.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
I would love to see some closeups of the way he blended the capsule into the cap. Is it glassed in and permanent or is it removable? I'm sure the hull has limited comforts, but that capsule addition has me intrigued.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Super impessive win for Al and his 22'SST with a Merc Racing 450R. What a demonstration of how far Mercury outboard technology has come in the past decade -- those "R" engines appear capable of running at WOT for hours without missing a beat. I can't believe that it was 41 years ago when I co-drove with Al at the Parker Enduro and won the Mod VP class in one of his 20-footers with a modified Evinrude 235 HP V-6. Glad this year's race was dedicated to his dad's memory.

Morehart

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a merc on a stoker. What a way to start back up a legacy his father John built ,After his passing. Al iron manned the whole race in a beautiful machine that shut down a 1350hp Nordic. 6 time champ. Queen of the river by attitude adjustment is also a huge accomplishment against the Nordic bear. LETS GO STOKER.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a merc on a stoker. What a way to start back up a legacy his father John built ,After his passing. Al iron manned the whole race in a beautiful machine that shut down a 1350hp Nordic. 6 time champ. Queen of the river by attitude adjustment is also a huge accomplishment against the Nordic bear. LETS GO STOKER.

Uh.. the Nordic didn’t run today.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
3rd picture down from the OP looks to me like the Nordic running side by side with the Stoker
I believe the boat you are seeing in that photo is in fact a Nordic, but not the Randy Davis boat which has been a multi-time Enduro overall winner. That boat I think is #54 which was originally owned by ski racer Jon Cole and rigged at Prime Marine. I don't know who owns or drives it presently.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Uh.. the Nordic didn’t run today.

This was sent to me when I asked if Nordic ran, or not, by someone who was there ...

Ran 2 at ski race. Won 1st 2nd twice.
Everyone was saying they weren't going to race the enduro because screem n fly said Alan Stoker was building a nordic killer..
Nordic raced 1 boat in the enduro. After 1st lap Alan took off and LAPPED Nordic at least twice..

Then nordic blew out the trans within 10mins of the end...

wzuber

Reaction score
I believe the boat you are seeing in that photo is in fact a Nordic, but not the Randy Davis boat which has been a multi-time Enduro overall winner. That boat I think is #54 which was originally owned by ski racer Jon Cole and rigged at Prime Marine. I don't know who owns or drives it presently.
I heard he received a 2 lap penalty for speeding during the race trying to catch up to Al. The race has a 110mph max speed limit per insurance regs.

boat527

Reaction score
Too bad you dont know your boats. Yes a Nordic ran but it wasnt THE Nordic ( 191)

Is this how mis information starts?

Morehart

Reaction score
Too bad you dont know your boats. Yes a Nordic ran but it wasnt THE Nordic ( 191)

Is this how mis information starts?
Guess I assumed old number 55 changed just like 191

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I would love to see some closeups of the way he blended the capsule into the cap. Is it glassed in and permanent or is it removable? I'm sure the hull has limited comforts, but that capsule addition has me intrigued.
The capsule is not part of the deck.

Attachments

• 85AAE6C3-2BC4-4890-837F-8A83B85908DC.jpeg
    85AAE6C3-2BC4-4890-837F-8A83B85908DC.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 176

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Off topic, what’s the deal with those mobile homes/houses across the river? Time shares or something?

timstoy

Reaction score
Stoker running a Merc? Explains the chill in the air!
I would assume if it fits the rules you could? I don’t believe there is a no capsule rule.
The reason capsule are not allowed is not enough safety boats with capsule trained rescue personnel for the length of the race course.

rrrr

Reaction score
The capsule is not part of the deck.
That's a good photo. With the high temperature yesterday around 85° F, running hard for hours in a capsule had to be a significant physical challenge.

What's the maximum fuel tank capacity allowed? A hundred gallons of gas weighs six hundred pounds. The handling must change quite a bit from a full tank to empty. How many refueling stops are needed? How is it done?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That's a good photo. With the high temperature yesterday around 85° F, running hard for hours in a capsule had to be a significant physical challenge.

What's the maximum fuel tank capacity allowed? A hundred gallons of gas weighs six hundred pounds. The handling must change quite a bit from a full tank to empty. How many refueling stops are needed? How is it done?

Every boat is different. They all have different requirements.

Come out next year and see! 👍🏼

rrrr

Reaction score
Every boat is different. They all have different requirements.

Come out next year and see! 👍🏼
I'm most interested in the class which produced the overall winner.

That being said, is there a website that contains the information about the different classes and the restrictions involved?

I appreciate your invitation to next year's event. I prefer a king size bed, but a queen will do. I'm not fussy about meals, so a good steak and baked potato with all the usual extras will do just fine. The steaks have to be a good cut.

I like ribeyes, as long as they're trimmed properly and grilled over charcoal to a rare-medium rare finish. Waffles or pancakes are my favorite breakfast, and good lean bacon is a must. We can get lunch at a food truck if they have a varied menu.

I can't wait!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I'm most interested in the class which produced the overall winner.

That being said, is there a website that contains the information about the different classes and the restrictions involved?

I appreciate your invitation to next year's event. I prefer a king size bed, but a queen will do. I'm not fussy about meals, so a good steak and baked potato with all the usual extras will do just fine. The steaks have to be a good cut.

I like ribeyes, as long as they're trimmed properly and grilled over charcoal to a rare-medium rare finish. Waffles or pancakes are my favorite breakfast, and good lean bacon is a must. We can get lunch at a food truck if they have a varied menu.

I can't wait!

Rule book is available here for the regular series events. Ross also has a Facebook page he keeps current.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This was sent to me when I asked if Nordic ran, or not, by someone who was there ...

Ran 2 at ski race. Won 1st 2nd twice.
Everyone was saying they weren't going to race the enduro because screem n fly said Alan Stoker was building a nordic killer..
Nordic raced 1 boat in the enduro. After 1st lap Alan took off and LAPPED Nordic at least twice..

Then nordic blew out the trans within 10mins of the end...

Yeah that’s all bullshit..

Randy has been fishing the Bisbee. lol. Nice story though.

Not to take anything away from Stoker, the boat looked and ran great. We were there for most of the day and I told Michael the capsule stoker is gonna win this thing..

RD

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Reaction score

You can carry as much fuel as you want, but 2 mandatory pit stops, no less than a certain time (in the past, it’s been 10 minutes minimum).

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You can carry as much fuel as you want, but 2 mandatory pit stops, no less than a certain time (in the past, it’s been 10 minutes minimum).

Pit stops are 11’minutes in the current format