WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rzr high miles

Rbcconst

Reaction score
What is considered high miles for a rzr? A friend of mine is on the hunt for a rzr. Is 3k miles a lot? 4k?

EPL

Reaction score
I don't think that 3K is high miles . I have one with 9,700 miles and one with 6,800 miles and no real problems so far !!

EBT531

Reaction score
Dune miles? Trail miles? 3k trail miles could be a rattles all over the place. Dune miles I'd look more at the motor. Also depends on whats already been replaced and how good they are with maintenance.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
RZRs 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ I am 100% certain that Speed cars never get damaged…..just saying. 👍

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I don't think that 3K is high miles . I have one with 9,700 miles and one with 6,800 miles and no real problems so far !!
Thank you for the feedback. I am assuming you had them since new and took good care of them?

attitude

Reaction score
My dune buddies am have advised me not to buy anything with over 2k miles. My Grandpa has a 900xp with over 12k miles, mostly Arizona hard pack with some dunes thrown in. Just depends how the RZR was used, from what I’ve seen once the miles get to 3k the value declines hard.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
My dune buddies am have advised me not to buy anything with over 2k miles. My Grandpa has a 900xp with over 12k miles, mostly Arizona hard pack with some dunes thrown in. Just depends how the RZR was used, from what I’ve seen once the miles get to 3k the value declines hard.
I can see that. I had 16 non turbo and when i took it to glamis it was pretty much full throttle the whole time.

Get415

Reaction score
What maintenance intervals are typically required? Or is that also depending on the type of riding dune/ desert?

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Good thread good information! Looking for something also.

endobear

Reaction score
Idk. I think has to do with how they are driven. Mine sees dunes, moab and rocky mountain trails. I pick my lines carefully and don't drive like a dick. Mostly.
My 2015 xp4 has 2500 plus miles on it. Just changed the OG belt for the 1st time for maintenance. Belt was still In great shape.
I'm pretty good about chassis lube,, plugs, air filters and drivetrain lube.
I'm hoping for many more miles of smiles

EPL

Reaction score
Idk. I think has to do with how they are driven. Mine sees dunes, moab and rocky mountain trails. I pick my lines carefully and don't drive like a dick. Mostly.
My 2015 xp4 has 2500 plus miles on it. Just changed the OG belt for the 1st time for maintenance. Belt was still In great shape.
I'm pretty good about chassis lube,, plugs, air filters and drivetrain lube.
I'm hoping for many more miles of smiles
I do about the same riding as you . Change all fluids and filters every 1,000 miles . I have 2 RZRs at this time and one has 6,800 miles and never changed the belt , the other has 9.700 miles and just change the belt because and friend that does a lot on these told be a different belt to try for a Wildcat so I put one on to try !

cb5505

Reaction score
have sorry
2017 1000 xp4 non turbo. It has tensor 30 inch tires method wheels. New seats, two speaker sound system with aux cable, roof, alum doors and tool box and ice chest in rear cargo. Also probably selling at 2020 rzr 170. It might have 5 hours

endobear

Reaction score
I do about the same riding as you . Change all fluids and filters every 1,000 miles . I have 2 RZRs at this time and one has 6,800 miles and never changed the belt , the other has 9.700 miles and just change the belt because and friend that does a lot on these told be a different belt to try for a Wildcat so I put one on to try !
That's some millage . I hope to have the same outcome.

I've smelled my belt and few times in the dunes. I just slow down. Can't hammer these things and be surprised they break

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
3k is where I won’t buy a used one. 🤷🏼‍♂️

DLC

Reaction score
What is considered high miles for a rzr? A friend of mine is on the hunt for a rzr. Is 3k miles a lot? 4k?
I think it has to do with the year.

a 2021 w/ 3,000 miles is a lot
2017/18 w/ 3,000 miles no

Does your friend already do the desert Or familiar with off roading -
is this like a try it out and see if the family likes it type of deal?

if that’s the case maybe a higher mileage car might be right to try it out and if no like dump it….
Or Like it a lot and dump it for a better one

if that’s not the case

what is a good budget or a Max amount they could/ would spend ?

A friend just spent $28K for a rzr turbo W/ 400 miles on it

sold his old one non turbo w/ 5,000 miles for $21K

if ya buy a Non turbo rzr Parts are readily available - Transmission, motor parts / top end, suspension arms etc

in 2 rides this year I‘ve put on over 1,000 miles on my car.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I typically do 1500-2000 miles a season. Shit I am at 700 for this season already and it’s not even December yet.

Reactions: DLC

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It all depends on the maintenance and the usage. Sold my XP1K with 9,000 miles and it still ran like brand new with great compression. This was probably because I changed the motor oil and air filter after every 20 hours (Used Mobil1 Synthetic). Changed Tranny, Diff Oil, and Lubed every 50 Hours. The only issue I ever had was we burned up 2 clutches and a set of brakes over all those miles.

2Driver

Reaction score
I figure about $7 a mile all in, freaking wealth prevention program :)

2Driver

Reaction score
Why? What is your concern? Motor blowing up? What do you base this on? Would this be for a RZR only or any SxS?

For one you are still going to pay a lot for it, then you put 3K on it now it has 6,000+ miles on it and that is SXS cooties. :)

Just me but , when I buy a used SXS on craigslist I only search on "warranty" or "Extended warranty". I try to buy it, use it, and sell it before that is up.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
For one you are still going to pay a lot for it, then you put 3K on it now it has 6,000+ miles on it and that is SXS cooties. :)

Just me but , when I buy a used SXS on craigslist search on "warranty" or "Extended warranty". I try to buy it, use it, and sell it before that is up.

Why would you pay a lot for a higher miles machine? Wouldn't it be cheaper than a low miles one? Again, why is 6K miles "cooties"? Is the engine going to blow up?

I'm asking these questions from ignorance. I've never owned one before but just got a Yamaha YXZ1000R with turbo and 3500 miles on it. It runs great with no issues. I traded a car for it that I would have sold for $8K so that's what I figure I paid for it (seller was asking $12K for it but wanted my car badly). It is an inline 3 cylinder which seems like it should be pretty reliable. If it were in a motorcycle I would think it would go 100K miles with a problem.

2Driver

Reaction score
Why would you pay a lot for a higher miles machine? Wouldn't it be cheaper than a low miles one? Again, why is 6K miles "cooties"? Is the engine going to blow up?

I'm asking these questions from ignorance. I've never owned one before but just got a Yamaha YXZ1000R with turbo and 3500 miles on it. It runs great with no issues. I traded a car for it that I would have sold for $8K so that's what I figure I paid for it (seller was asking $12K for it but wanted my car badly). It is an inline 3 cylinder which seems like it should be pretty reliable. If it were in a motorcycle I would think it would go 100K miles with a problem.

Im not sure, it’s just how in general the market goes. I had YXZ for a short bit and liked it. Seems to me they are maintenance intensive with the running gear set up vs a Jeep or basic motorcycle. People like the new stuff as the products advance and if it’s out of warranty a $2500 repair isn’t out of the ordinary. Then there are folks that drive them 9,000 miles. I dont know, but the market for resale gets tougher after 5,000 miles like a jeep with 50,000 or 70,000 miles.

I’ve had 7 all together, Rhinos RZR and a YXZ. Made money on each one but that started out as a priority. Unlike a boat I don’t take any pride or ego in them. They are like a hammer in my tool box. Take it out use it, get rid of it, get another one.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
Im not sure, it’s just how in general the market goes. I had YXZ for a short bit and liked it. Seems to me they are maintenance intensive with the running gear set up vs a Jeep or basic motorcycle. People like the new stuff as the products advance and if it’s out of warranty a $2500 repair isn’t out of the ordinary. Then there are folks that drive them 9,000 miles. I dont know, but the market for resale gets tougher after 5,000 miles like a jeep with 50,000 or 70,000 miles.

I’ve had 7 all together, Rhinos RZR and a YXZ. Made money on each one but that started out as a priority. Unlike a boat I don’t take any pride or ego in them. They are like a hammer in my tool box. Take it out use it, get rid of it, get another one.

Okay, thanks. My intention is to keep mine for a long time. I'm an old guy now so won't be doing anything crazy with it, just bombing around the dirt roads and trails we have up here in northern NV and doing a lot of exploring. Hope it holds up!

2Driver

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. My intention is to keep mine for a long time. I'm an old guy now so won't be doing anything crazy with it, just bombing around the dirt roads and trails we have up here in northern NV and doing a lot of exploring. Hope it holds up!

Just change the fluids often ( there are several) there are some zerk fittings to hit and if I recall, Yamaha hid the damn pre air filter behind a bunch of body panels that have to be removed to get to it. I looked at what it took and never did it but check into I bet it’s been over looked.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I would say 10K would be high miles. Now as far as condition......... thats a whole other conversation. Some people simply have zero mechanical sympathy. And will beat a bowling ball to death. Others will keep things pristine forever.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
Just change the fluids often ( there are several) there are some zerk fittings to hit and if I recall, Yamaha hid the damn pre air filter behind a bunch of body panels that have to be removed to get to it. I looked at what it took and never did it but check into I bet it’s been over looked.

I'll check. Will be servicing all fluids as well. Thanks.