WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parents in the Arizona being smart, taking back their kids' schools

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I was really happy to read about "Purple for Parents" and their efforts to take back their kids' schools and thought many of you would be interested and possibly inspired...

Parental rights advocates in Arizona are celebrating huge gains, both in the Legislature and at the ballot box.

Purple for Parents, a parental rights organization, endorsed 38 candidates in November’s school board elections across Arizona and unofficial results show that 20 of them won seats – including two in Scottsdale, one each in Gilbert’s two main districts, one in Chandler and one in Mesa.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Good luck with that. I know a lot of people can’t afford private schools and home schooling is a bit of an imposition on two working parents but would religious schools be a middle option that wouldn’t be quite so left leaning?

kurtis500

Reaction score
Good luck with that. I know a lot of people can’t afford private schools and home schooling is a bit of an imposition on two working parents but would religious schools be a middle option that wouldn’t be quite so left leaning?
Yes. And with tax credits the tuition can be zero or almost zero out of pocket. There are so many options, parents need to ask the schools when looking in to it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes. And with tax credits the tuition can be zero or almost zero out of pocket. There are so many options, parents need to ask the schools when looking in to it.

I actually need to lay out a thread with the tax credit thing so I can get my kids tuition paid.. it’s basically free for them via the write off and would help us a lot.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
We are doing a private Christian school for our kindergartner, so far it's money well spent! We are not a super religious family but definitely have the core values that a lot of religion is founded on. So far so good on that.

The only private schools we have access to are Christian schools.

But your correct, not everyone can swing it, it for sure is not cheap, we are good but when it's time for my son to go as well , that's going to like a new F250 payment lol. Rough to swallow.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I actually need to lay out a thread with the tax credit thing so I can get my kids tuition paid.. it’s basically free for them via the write off and would help us a lot.
Try talking to my neighbor he is doing it.

kurtis500

Reaction score
My wife was the CFO at Phoenix Christian for many years. She specialized in this, especially when much of the school were inner-city kids whose parents had next to nothing and couldn’t even afford their kids lunch. It’s possible and not as tough as you would think.

For starters:

Last edited:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Our oldest is in first grade at a private christian school here in prescott. We did the tax credit programs for her kindergarten year and then this year we enrolled in the esa funding when it became available for anyone. We are going to acquire a credit on her tuition to carry over for next year that why we made the switch over.

But i will say you should still take advantage of these programs for your state tax write offs as it allows you to decide where your tax dollars go in the state of AZ. Pretty awesome that we have the choice here

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score

This is available to anyone and everyone for private school tuition assistance.

Free ninety nine doesn't cost you anything but your time to fill out an application and it may be an excellent option for you.

For us it was a no brainer as we were going to get a substantial credit for the next school years tuition.

Its paid out per kid not per family.

Talk to your schools liaison for the matter. But we really like it and it's pretty streamlined.

Cdog

Reaction score
My kids are in public school in PV school district 11th & 7 grade. Almost straight A’s Varsity swim team & club volleyball. They are based and laugh at all the tranny tard soi boi idiots.

I send them to school to see how the other side lives. I raise the right at home.