WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed UTV take 3

outboard_256

Reaction score
Was it 32K with all the parts listed above or was it 32k plus accessories ?? I know someone who purchase on and from what I have been told he paid 32K plus 18K in accessories !

What's crazy is EVERYONE I have talked to has paid for their accessories in cash over a year ago. Most of them are in the $5-10k+ range. Speed has a lot more of customers money than the $1500 deposit everyone thinks.

Also a question, are the accessories refundable if you already paid? If the spot values do drop, are you out only $1500 or $1500 + whatever you already paid for accessories?

Last edited:

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Due to your industry connections, you probably got a special price on all your upgrades, and probably on the car too. But if you had to pay retail price for all the upgrades you have made to your Pro R. How much do you think you would have spent? I know I’ve spent e significant amount upgrading on the Can Am, but it’s great now.
Well lets see, here is MSRP for it all haha

CageWRX Cage - $2700
CageWRX Front Bumper - $350
Morgan Motorsports Rear Butt/Storage Bumper - $5500
KMC Wheels - $650 x 6 = $3900
BFG Tires - $350 x 6 = $2100
Kenwood NX5700 Radio, PCI Intercom, PCI Pumper - $4000
Baja Designs 40" OnX6, 10" OnX6, Headlight Kit, RTL - $3500
ZRP Radius Rods, Tie Rods, Sway Bar Links, Bolt Kit - $3000
Viper Shifter - $600
Metal Head Grab Handle - $400
SPod 8 Panel Switch - $900
Hostyle Door Bags - $1000?

$27,950

Thats everything on the car right now, then I have these items on order or waiting to be installed:

Sparco EVO Seats and Belts - $5100
ZRP Toe Links - $1200
Lone Star Upper Arms - $1800

Total - $36,050 In aftermarket stuff. Plus about $4000 in labor (not including all the stuff installed myself) so right at 40K MSRP with labor.

HOWEVER. You do not NEED to do most of this stuff lol. You can just take the car and do a couple of the items and enjoy it everywhere and be totally happy if you don't know the difference!

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I thought he was most known for his book about Jews. 😳
He gets a little spicy in this book as well. However, it is one of my all-time favorite books because he shares many of his ideas and how he executed them. There is also a section where he talks about how terrible the government would be at social services and how the local churches are better served to assist the needy.

S

Sand Shark

CageWRX Cage - $2700
Viper Shifter - $600

$27,950

Thats everything on the car right now, then I have these items on order or waiting to be installed:

ZRP Toe Links - $1200

Total - $36,050 In aftermarket stuff. Plus about $4000 in labor (not including all the stuff installed myself) so right at 40K MSRP with labor.

HOWEVER. You do not NEED to do most of this stuff lol. You can just take the car and do a couple of the items and enjoy it everywhere and be totally happy if you don't know the difference!
Don’t forget your SDG shock valving & spring package.

And your right you don’t have to put all these things on any of the UTV’s. But I know I want mine to be safer and better then stock. My Can Am is loaded up like your Pro R with many of the same things. I don’t have $40K in extras though! Your Pro R is close to $100K!

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Don’t forget your SDG shock valving & spring package.

And your right you don’t have to put all these things on any of the UTV’s. But I know I want mine to be safer and better then stock. My Can Am is loaded up like your Pro R with many of the same things. I don’t have $40K in extras though! Your Pro R is close to $100K!
Oh ya add another 3K or something lol!

In the end its all priceless when you are in the desert having a good time! YOLO!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I don’t think Speeds technology was ever revolutionary, but it was just proper. I don’t see it being a dinosaur, as Speed has lots of patents to keep others from doing it. Both Polaris & Can Am have never built suspension or chassis with the idea of correct geometry. It’s been more about big wheel travel, bigger HP and Polaris likes to add all the electronic bells & whistles. Besides the dash, and high tech ECU. The Speed is basic in electronics.
Patent are not enforceable in most cases, to competitive companies that have been progressing in design and function that may infringe on others patents. If you come up with a new front end that everyone wants, your competitors next years model will have it.

Deckin Around

Reaction score

I like the looks of those butts but I've been wondering what's in it for that $. More than double the cost of a cage? I just had a simple version fabbed with the cage and it wasn't a lot more with 3 more aluminum panels all powdercoated. I've seen them with fuel cells but what's standard just a sealed storage box?
2020-05-07 11.34.30.jpg

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Tell your friend to look it up! Henry Ford did not take deposits, probably not a thing back then. But Henry Ford took on lots of investors and stockholders, and the first two attempts to start the company failed and those investors got screwed. The 3rd time was the charm, and he had investors to help fund that start up company too. Btw one of his failed attempts became Cadillac.
Ford does not take deposits on new trucks today. At least last time I tried a few months back

riverroyal

Reaction score
I’m guessing Robby only showed them what he’s got after he had his patents in place. He has mentioned this before. I’m guessing Polaris’s shock fork was their attempt to get around one of his patents, and it’s already proven to have its flaws. Polaris also looks to have Camber issues from what Shock Therapy was showing. Hoping Can Am has something better coming.
The leaked patent drawings for can am suspension is crazy

riverroyal

Reaction score
You also said you had an offer of $70K but felt you might be able to pull $80K for the first car.
Times change as this process continues and Laguna just sold his for what HE termed a small profit.
I'll take real world results as my measuring stick rather than the hypotheticals that you are quoting.

This has nothing to do with any perceived hate, or love, for Speed UTV.
It's just the facts.

I told you back then, take that $70K and run. It's done nothing but shrink and it will continue as Speed gets going.
As soon as low number spots sell for break even the cards will fall.
I think its happening.

Groper

Reaction score

CageWRX Cage - $2700
Viper Shifter - $600

$27,950

ZRP Toe Links - $1200

Dauuuummmm somebody got f**ked, all those costs are way HIGH 🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What's crazy is EVERYONE I have talked to has paid for their accessories in cash over a year ago. Most of them are in the $5-10k+ range. Speed has a lot more of customers money than the $1500 deposit everyone thinks.

Also a question, are the accessories refundable if you already paid? If the spot values do drop, are you out only $1500 or $1500 + whatever you already paid for accessories?

Accessories are not refundable and are paid up front..

If you sell the spot you gotta sell the accessories as well. In retrospect to sell the first one I got I shoulda just left it stock and let someone else pick there bling.. now I limited my market a bit because I put so much shit on it..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I like the looks of those butts but I've been wondering what's in it for that $. More than double the cost of a cage? I just had a simple version fabbed with the cage and it wasn't a lot more with 3 more aluminum panels all powdercoated. I've seen them with fuel cells but what's standard just a sealed storage box?
View attachment 1183999

Morgan’s I believe has two fuel cells and a trunk.. they are pricey at over 5k.. but they really look nice.

I can’t wait to buy one and immediately back it into something by because I can’t see behind me anyways.. lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand what's patentable- other than the 'use' of this design on a UTV.
I'm pretty sure that every possible suspension system imaginable has already been used on something or other already.

Doubtful.

A better mousetrap is designd every day.

Ever seen the dual lower ball joint config BMW uses here and there? One never knows what's just around the next bend.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
View attachment 1183999
Ya its the box in it thats pretty trick as its custom fit for it. Also they replace the tail lights with more tin work and a better looking tail light. Its got quite a bit of tubing compared to that one on your car too. Tig welded as well.....it all adds up.

Fishd00d

Reaction score
Morgan’s I believe has two fuel cells and a trunk.. they are pricey at over 5k.. but they really look nice.

I can’t wait to buy one and immediately back it into something by because I can’t see behind me anyways.. lol
They move the backup camera to the back of it for ya so you're good to go!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Doubtful.

A better mousetrap is designd every day.

Ever seen the dual lower ball joint config BMW uses here and there? One never knows what's just around the next bend.
BMW would do something like that….from the people who brought you the liquid cooled 7-series alternator and require the car to be programmed to accept a new 12v battery….

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Accessories are not refundable and are paid up front..

If you sell the spot you gotta sell the accessories as well. In retrospect to sell the first one I got I shoulda just left it stock and let someone else pick there bling.. now I limited my market a bit because I put so much shit on it..

But from what I understand, the cost towards accessories can be applied to the cost of the car instead upon sale of a spot, correct?

Meaning if you have one of the 32k$ spots and already spent 18k on accessories, if you sell your spot that 18k can go towards the 32k owed amount bringing the amount due to more like 14k? I wonder if you can call speed and tell them you changed your mind on acc’s and you would prefer to put that toward the purchase price instead? The you can take that 30-40k savings, go buy you a new Polaris or something else, and worry about the speed add on’s later?

bonesfab

Reaction score
It can be done (spening "$40,000 in aftermarket shit") but what the hell would you be doing to a Jeep with the $40k?!

I've got all kinds of aftermarket stuff on my Gladiator - Metalcloak lift, 37's + wheels, 4.88 gears, Ultra Vision (made in Australia) lights, and lots more and I'm nowhere near $20,000K over purchase.

View attachment 1183965

View attachment 1183964
Put some axles under it and there is 20K right there.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score

CageWRX Cage - $2700
Viper Shifter - $600

$27,950

ZRP Toe Links - $1200

Thats on top of the purchase of the Pro-R, so around 70K?

daytona man

Reaction score
He may have spent 70K but a lot of the stuff he added wasn't needed to have a good car and he has a car to drive! I'm sorry but the way Speed UTV appears to be going I don't think anyone (even low #s) are going to see any cars for a long time if ever ! Don't get me wrong I would love to see RG and Speed UTV comes to life !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don’t read it has haters etc.. but I do clue into the words that are used..

For example you say early build slots can command a “small” profit margin.

Realistically I paid 1500.00 ea for two spots.. that car now sells for 11,000.00 more than it did when I bought.

Realistically I could sell both my spots, and laid out 3k to make 22k (minimum) without even adding a bonus for the earlier numbers.

Is that what you call small profit margin?
Now I decided to add 18k in accessories to build them how I’d build them.. but realistically the spots are the spots.. and those are the numbers right now.

Even if you add the accessories in and call it 39k for those two, to turn around and make 22-26k? Not bad

Realistically...

You have absolutely nothing to sell but a fantasy.

The gamble is real.

We are all pulling for ya though, so there Is that!

Fishd00d

Reaction score
MSRP on the car is 45K, I forgot the SDG shock tune and Rhino Axles so add another $4000 so we are at $40,000 in accessories without tax or labor. So probably about 95-100K with tax and labor including the car itself if you paid full pop for everything lol

DLC

Reaction score
Holy crap the amount some people spend on their utv to drive from the bunker bar to the desert bar is incredible…lol
That’s Chump Change!

Have you been thru the channel on a holiday?

I don’t think some of the boats even get on plane going from the ramp to the channel to park all day!

but they look good doing it, at least a few look good…

baja-chris

Reaction score
But from what I understand, the cost towards accessories can be applied to the cost of the car instead upon sale of a spot, correct?

Meaning if you have one of the 32k$ spots and already spent 18k on accessories, if you sell your spot that 18k can go towards the 32k owed amount bringing the amount due to more like 14k? I wonder if you can call speed and tell them you changed your mind on acc’s and you would prefer to put that toward the purchase price instead? The you can take that 30-40k savings, go buy you a new Polaris or something else, and worry about the speed add on’s later?
They said that could be done for the fuel cell I ordered with mine. I did not ask about crediting any other accessories.
BTW, still no takers selling my reservation at cost.

S

Sand Shark

They said that could be done for the fuel cell I ordered with mine. I did not ask about crediting any other accessories.
They seem to be selling on the Speed Facebook groups. Maybe try there, vs on here.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
But wait didn’t lof say he would buy any car from anyone 😂
So did Dave.

Reality hits you hard, Bro. 😁

Or in this case, them.
The risk has out paced the reward to buy with the sole intention of flipping for profit.

The massive "Money ahead" projections were a pipe dream at best and people are seeing more clearly now.

Last edited:

baja-chris

Reaction score
I just got a call from Speed. The only number that matters is the master, 1377 in my case. The other number does not mean anything and I think they have stopped using those. He did say they will continuously build 4-seaters once they get running and then add a second production line for the 2-seaters (instead of switching the line over from 4-seat to 2-seat). His estimate for my build was that it would probably be around the 800th built based on the mix of 4 and 2 seaters on order and my master 1377.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I just got a call from Speed. The only number that matters is the master, 1377 in my case. The other number does not mean anything and I think they have stopped using those. He did say they will continuously build 4-seaters once they get running and then add a second production line for the 2-seaters (instead of switching the line over from 4-seat to 2-seat). His estimate for my build was that it would probably be around the 800th built based on the mix of 4 and 2 seaters on order and my master 1377.
Did they give you any sort of timeline?

baja-chris

Reaction score
I didn't ask. If they knew timelines they would communicate them.
I read that China is easing up on Covid lockdowns in early January to enable manufacturing to resume and for people to travel for the Chinese new year.
This might be good news for Speed production.

outboard_256

Reaction score

I see a couple of spots on facebook right now going for cost. Maybe that is just the regular selling price right now.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I didn't ask. If they knew timelines they would communicate them.
I read that China is easing up on Covid lockdowns in early January to enable manufacturing to resume and for people to travel for the Chinese new year.
This might be good news for Speed production.
That would be hard not ask for a timeline

petie6464

Reaction score
Seen of of these elusive things sitting on a trailer in the future sales building. . .Can't believe there's not a pic or new thread on the matter. . .🐀

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
MSRP on the car is 45K, I forgot the SDG shock tune and Rhino Axles so add another $4000 so we are at $40,000 in accessories without tax or labor. So probably about 95-100K with tax and labor including the car itself if you paid full pop for everything lol

Why did you change the axles?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

What is the actual build slot number? If it’s actually number 203 I’ll buy it. Last I talked to LOF he told me he intended to purchase it.