WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It was at this moment…I F’ed up…

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I went to a buddy’s house after work one day years ago to hang out and smoke cigars. As I pulled up to his driveway and got out, he was just starting to pour new oil into his truck towards the end of an oil change. He starts talking to me and we’re laughing and then I look down and see a bunch of oil running out from behind the truck. As you can guess, he wasn’t paying attention and didn’t put the drain plug back in. I had to give him a ride to the store to get more oil.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Try holding onto an oil soaked FL1995, those are slippery fukrs and hold a lot of oil and of course they always land on the other side of the truck dumping oil the entire time it takes for the filter to get over there. Ask me how I know 🤬🖕

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Simple Green and Dawn soap? When you're ready to be a little less environmentally friendly, use gasoline and a brush. Best combo for getting oil out of concrete.

Pour gas on the spot, let it sit for about 30 seconds, hit it with the brush (a push broom works for large areas), and then hose it off.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
K&N filter cleaner works great. Had a transmission slip off a jack damn near emptying the torque converter.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Make sure you notify the FD , Hazmat team , EPA , and environmental health dept , and city code enforcement !
You also have to take a full page ad out in the paper for a week letting everyone know about the excess hydrocarbons in the area.

Get out the oil booms!

707dog

Reaction score
damn that sucks... my biggest F up was while carrying my 5 gallon catch can to go get it dumped the handle broke off one side of the bucket when it landed it busted the bottom off... 5 gallons ran down the side driveway🤬🤬🤬... i will not incriminate myself lets just say it looked like fresh concrete in that area when clean up was finished.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I have a big piece of cardboard I put on the ground before I change the oil. I use all of the round 14” collector dish for the oil. That cardboard has saved me from having to clean many oil stains.

Kbach

Reaction score
Simple Green and Dawn soap? When you're ready to be a little less environmentally friendly, use gasoline and a brush. Best combo for getting oil out of concrete.

Pour gas on the spot, let it sit for about 30 seconds, hit it with the brush (a push broom works for large areas), and then hose it off.
This ^^^^

I would never perform such an irresponsible act of violence against the environment but a friend told me this is the ONLY way to clean up oil on concrete! I’ve even seen it done before. By a friend, honest.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I have a big piece of cardboard I put on the ground before I change the oil. I use all of the round 14” collector dish for the oil. That cardboard has saved me from having to clean many oil stains.
Just don't store the oil for too long.

I was SUPER clean in the oil changing process but those fucking jugs of waste oil will fuck you.

Xring01

Reaction score
Nope…forgot to remove the drain pan and moved the truck. Grrrr…spent an hour scrubbing with simple green and dawn soap. Grrrrrrrr
Stupid Tax at its finest…
LOL..

I smashed the living shit out of my thumb a few weeks ago… Working on my SXS…
Yep, you guessed it…Stupid Tax… thats the first thought that hit me when it happened..
”You stupid mfkr, you deserved that”…

Mikes56

Reaction score
I do this too. It’s a little softer to lay on than the concrete.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
This is why I change my oil at buddies houses can't be to careoat home

Sharky

Reaction score
1675350373504.jpeg

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I was siphoning gas out of my boat into a 5 gallon jug this week and forgot about it… probably 10-15 gallons ran into the shop floor and out the back into the dirt… I have been ventilating for 3 days and lost 40 bucks of fuel…

Brian

Reaction score
Make sure you notify the FD , Hazmat team , EPA , and environmental health dept , and city code enforcement !
Let's just go back to the days where we dug a hole in the back yard and poured our old oil in it. I guarantee there are more people that still do that than we realize.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I got a fancy new oil drain pan for my last change on the cummins. The pan had ribs molded into the bottom for strengthening I think. That oil hit those ribs and shot back up out of the pan in 2 directions, over to each front wheel. What a mess. I had to just sit there and watch the oil essentially drain into my wheels. You can't make this Sh!t up.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Home mechanic pro tip.
I have a large piece of heavy vinyl. About 6x8 . I put this under the truck after it’s on stands.
This is more than the obvious spill catcher.
You won’t need a creeper as you slide very easily on the vinyl. I used the have an incline driveway. It also keeps the sockets from rolling away. When your done, slide out, and just pull the vinyl out with everything on it. Couple squirts of Soylent green and wipe it off.

DaveH

Reaction score
dont feel bad......once upon a time i had a 911.

in a parking lot one night, i drove it off what i thought was an exit....looked like it but it wasnt. well the front end went down the curb without much problem, but the rear end kinda "scraped" going off.

i immediately got out and looked under the car, all seemed ok. drove it home without issue. parked it in the garage.....all seemed normal.

well it wasn't. the oil pan (more of just a cover plate in reality) was cracked and it proceeded to drip 10 quarts out which i discovered a massive pool of oil all over the place in the morning. ruined my garage floor.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Ya know, back in the old days I'd put drain oil in a bug sprayer and spray the gravel driveway with it to knock down the dust in summer time.
It worked great. 200 ft of driveway.
Got the idea from the county...they did the same on various gravel roads they had, including the one that goes by my place. I asked the guy what they used one day when he went by, he looked at me and said,"drain oil from all the equipment"
Couple years later, holy cow put on the brakes, can't nobody do that no more...
They finally chip sealed the one lane "road" that we live off of about 20 years ago.
About 10 years ago my brother from another mother called me, the state was grinding asphalt off of the main drag in town, and they had access to it. I scored 39 tons of asphalt grindings, brother hauled it down here, he and his son brought their gear to lay it out.
Awesome. No more gravel.
I'd still like to spray some oil on it...but can't do that no mo.
Nope.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Shoot that’s sucks. Oil drips are one thing, but a pool of used motor oil is truly a mess.

My first job was at a Chief Auto Parts In the mid 90’s. Part of closing up was going out and cleaning oil drips in the parking lot. I figure every other customer was driving some leaky half broken down jalopy.

Every once in a while some turd would change his oil right there draining it directly onto the asphalt, no container. I was the kid in charge of Kitty litter and oil-eating detergents.

“NO WORKING ON CARS ON THE PREMISES”

Brian

Reaction score
Shoot that’s sucks. Oil drips are one thing, but a pool of used motor oil is truly a mess.

My first job was at a Chief Auto Parts In the mid 90’s. Part of closing up was going out and cleaning oil drips in the parking lot. I figure every other customer was driving some leaky half broken down jalopy.

Every once in a while some turd would change his oil right there draining it directly onto the asphalt, no container. I was the kid in charge of Kitty litter and oil-eating detergents.

“NO WORKING ON CARS ON THE PREMISES”

My friend dad used to drive one side of his car up the curb over the storm drain and crawl under it, pull the plug and let it rip right into the storm drain.

I've also seen people drain their shitter in their RV right into the storm drain too.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Let's just go back to the days where we dug a hole in the back yard and poured our old oil in it. I guarantee there are more people that still do that than we realize.
Hey, i'm just putting it back for future generations to be able to pump it back out. It's called recycling duh😂