WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All you Coppers

Havexico

In a world of no rules..
Reaction score
Sure the guy left his post, but maybe things like this should be over looked. What do you think...
Cop gets fired after help out another officer who was down?

hallett21

Reaction score
kinda seems like doing the right thing these days hurts you more than helps. WTF

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Fought this battle from the '80's. Cop crosses the street to go help another cop from another agency.... and gets disciplined.

The bosses don't like it when you leave your assigned area to help someone else.

The same bosses that started sending out one person in a patrol car, when anyone with a brain realized that two cops can handle something a lot safer than one.

The thought is that it "appears" there are more cops on the road if you send them out in separate cars. False appearance.

A new police car costs about $60K all set up. Cut the fleets down by have and double up the cops..... that equals savings on vehicles and maintenanceand fuel.... and two cops back to back, being able to handle about anything they face and protect each other.:thumbsup

Just my 2 cents.

Happy to be out of that and in Havasu.... where they have one person patrol cars....:rolleyes:

jonnyd

Reaction score
I'm not a cop anymore, but it sounds like this guy didn't notify his dept that he was even going out of his beat. As an officer you cant even take a pee without letting dispatch know where you are. Its all about safety.

wolfie

Reaction score
It's funny how universities think of police officers. My son is in a sociology program at the U of U. One of his instructors ( a pink haired thirty something) thought he was a great student until she asked him what he wanted to do upon graduation. He wants to be a police officer. Now she calls him out in front of class chastising him about police brutality. Another student is treated harshly. He's a retuning vet from Iraq.

sergeantmike

Reaction score
When someone gets robbed and sodomized by the parolee that got an early release, maybe they should call a college professor for counselling or a politician.

Cops suck..... I would never call them.:rolleyes:

wolfie

Reaction score
When someone gets robbed and sodomized by the parolee that got an early release, maybe they should call a college professor for counselling or a politician.

Cops suck..... I would never call them.:rolleyes:

LMAO...

I'm glad he wants to be a police officer here. At least there's a lot more respect for them here. Two if my nephews are LEO in So. Cal. One works the jail and has been caught alone a couple times by the inmates. The other works for Orange PD and sounds like he's always battling an uphill fight, kind of burnt out.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This should get interesting...

I think he should be commended for what he did judging from the news clip. If there is some way I could help him get his job back (even if it's just an e-mail campaign) I would be happy to help.

RD

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
He should have stood across the street and watched it go down...:rolleyes:

thumbs

Reaction score
Reprimand him for leaving his post without immediately notifying dispatch...do not fire him.

Commend him for responding to help a fellow officer.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I had the non-applied for and non-wanted task of doing a couple of very upleasant I.A.'s when I ws working. Never enjoyed and aassingment less, but the Undersheriff himself slammed me with them.
My gut tells me there is a helluva lot more going on here than the information made public. That is not uncomoon in a case like this if they are playing by the rules. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
but just based on the info given, he should not be fired, period.
The bad blood this is going to create at the managment level between these two outfits is going to cause bleeding ulcers before it is done. The cops on both sides will rally round this guy, and he will be wearing the uniform someplace else, unless he decides to go back to his old job.
I wouldn't.
chickenshit outfit, just based on what we know.

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
I had the non-applied for and non-wanted task of doing a couple of very upleasant I.A.'s when I ws working. Never enjoyed and aassingment less, but the Undersheriff himself slammed me with them.
My gut tells me there is a helluva lot more going on here than the information made public. That is not uncomoon in a case like this if they are playing by the rules. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
but just based on the info given, he should not be fired, period.The bad blood this is going to create at the managment level between these two outfits is going to cause bleeding ulcers before it is done. The cops on both sides will rally round this guy, and he will be wearing the uniform someplace else, unless he decides to go back to his old job.
I wouldn't.
chickenshit outfit, just based on what we know.

FBT ~ You seem like you've been around the block a few times. When has the media EVER reported anything right?

A few days from now the print media might hide a story on page 6 an update of the real reason behind this guys firing, but the TV News will be too busy chasing the next big headline to make the correction.