WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

GEORGE "CAR DUDES" IS A POS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCarDudes

Reaction score
Even though this thread is not about speakers:rolleyes: I have to ask.....

Is there any chance that when you replaced the amp and sub and then tested the system with the old speakers you blew them then???

I'm not going back and looking for specifics but if you sold them for $300 and I think you said they retail for $800-850(or was that a 2FF little jab) but the didn't meet your performance needs what did you replace them with? Just curious.

Again sorry, I know this is not a speaker thread.:champagne:

New amp installed to drive the new subwoofer only, that was it for phase 1. I wanted better sound so Lorne pulled the 4 speakers I sold to Steve and installed 4 new speakers (upgraded) with the another (2nd) new amp.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I was made aware prior to this thread, etc that the speakers were thrown away. I believe Steve when he says he did that.

As far as Georges boat.....I had discussions with him last year about swapping my boat and giving him cash for his. He asked for much more cash than I was willing to give + my Bullet. He can offer any $ he wants and then it is up to me to decide. He never mentioned to me that there had been any problems at all with his boat. Maybe our discussions were prior to any problems.....I don't know.

If the boat had been fixed via the OG manufacture and it was as good as new unless a buyer asks I guess you technically don't need to volunteer. It may make a difference on the price paid though and should probably be sold AS IS. I have sold something like this before and just assumed the person knew about the past problems and they never asked directly. That person still enjoys what I sold them after many years with nothing but normal maint. done.

Just making known what I know.........

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Good gravy, this is some real DRAMA, like the ole HB days:D
George fucked me on a golf cart but then I fucked him back by sellin it back to him at a loss:headscratch::hmm:rolleyes::D:D
NSF

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
45 minutes has come and gone. Stop teasing us, Dave.

Reaction score
Brown,

can you call JD and tell him he is needed to complete this thread

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Brown,

can you call JD and tell him he is needed to complete this thread

Why don't you just roll over and whisper it in his ear, save Brown a buck or two...:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Please don't call me Before 11:00 am regarding message board issues..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311706020.947246.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311706020.947246.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 289

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve,

How would you advertise this boat if you were selling it?

Our family's boating needs have changed. As much as I thoroughly enjoy owning and driving this boat, we will finally be making the change to a toon. If I had a 6 car garage and unlimited funds, selling this boat would not even be a consideration.

I guarantee that this is one of the cleanest, most impeccably maintained pristine Howards you will ever find. I just had any and all hull damage repaired and challange anyone to find a flaw It gets wiped down, hot sauced and waxed after every use. It also gets professionally detailed twice per year. Engine was rebuilt ay 156 hrs, it devolped a header water leak at 180hrs, the header was replaced and all work was done at absolute in havasu,any and all repair history is available to interested partys..

drive oil is changed every 15 hours to ensure optimum performance and affords me the opportunity to always check everything "under the hood" just about before or after every use. Since I have owned it, it has always been serviced by Absolute Speed and Marine in Lake Havasu. They know the entire history of this boat since I bought it with only 24 hours on it in Sept '06.

As far as the equipment on the Howard, it has everything that one would want. Sea strainer, Autometer Gauges, 4 new batteries summer 2009, chopped bimini (good to 70mph), monster sound system with 3 amps, 4 subs & MB Quart speakers throughout, custom boat cover. The list goes on and on. It sits nicely on an Ellis triple axle trailer that is also in near perfect condition.

It is powered by a normally aspirated TPI700 EFI (588 c.i.) with and Imco SC drive. The boat has amazing acceleration and literally planes in just a few seconds. The low end torque of this motor is just awesome. Top RPM is right at 6200 where the boat is flying at just a tick over 90mph. Cruising speed/RPM is a very comfortable 70mph at just 4500 rpm and is literally effortless. The boat has a total of just over 180 hours and I am the second owner.

I would also be willing to trade for a 25 or 28 foot Bennington Pontoon with a 350/Bravo III package.

The Howard is located in Lake Havasu and available to view by appointment. Please PM, email or call with any questions.

$95,000.00

George
805-390-5700
[email protected]

I re wrote this ,

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Don't care about the speakers, so was the Howard sport deck in a Collision or Fender-Bender and was repair work done on the boat?

Funny thing is that is exactly what this thread is about. Who gives a fuck about the speakers? What damage has been done and repaired to the boat is what Steve wants to know?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Almost ready. Lol. I hope this is showing how Kuhn I care about this.. (not much)

RD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311706612.825986.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311706612.825986.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 255

TheCarDudes

Reaction score
Don't care about the speakers, so was the Howard sport deck in a Collision or Fender-Bender and was repair work done on the boat?

No collision or "fender bender". I was in a cove tied up to Michael Yanke (Magic34). He has a Formula 370. A wave from another boat went through our boats and rolled us pretty good. It put stress cracks around a cleat going out about 3 inches out from any part of the cleat on my Howard. Had it repaired by some of the best in Havasu coordinated by Absolute to come to the shop and do it there while servicing the boat.

All part of the service/repair history that is on file at Absolute and available to anyone who is interested.

Ultra26 # 1

2007 Ultra 26 Shadow
Reaction score
Our family's boating needs have changed. As much as I thoroughly enjoy owning and driving this boat, we will finally be making the change to a toon. If I had a 6 car garage and unlimited funds, selling this boat would not even be a consideration.

I guarantee that this is one of the cleanest, most impeccably maintained pristine Howards you will ever find. I just had any and all hull damage repaired and challange anyone to find a flaw It gets wiped down, hot sauced and waxed after every use. It also gets professionally detailed twice per year. Engine was rebuilt ay 156 hrs, it devolped a header water leak at 180hrs, the header was replaced and all work was done at absolute in havasu,any and all repair history is available to interested partys..

drive oil is changed every 15 hours to ensure optimum performance and affords me the opportunity to always check everything "under the hood" just about before or after every use. Since I have owned it, it has always been serviced by Absolute Speed and Marine in Lake Havasu. They know the entire history of this boat since I bought it with only 24 hours on it in Sept '06.

As far as the equipment on the Howard, it has everything that one would want. Sea strainer, Autometer Gauges, 4 new batteries summer 2009, chopped bimini (good to 70mph), monster sound system with 3 amps, 4 subs & MB Quart speakers throughout, custom boat cover. The list goes on and on. It sits nicely on an Ellis triple axle trailer that is also in near perfect condition.

It is powered by a normally aspirated TPI700 EFI (588 c.i.) with and Imco SC drive. The boat has amazing acceleration and literally planes in just a few seconds. The low end torque of this motor is just awesome. Top RPM is right at 6200 where the boat is flying at just a tick over 90mph. Cruising speed/RPM is a very comfortable 70mph at just 4500 rpm and is literally effortless. The boat has a total of just over 180 hours and I am the second owner.

I would also be willing to trade for a 25 or 28 foot Bennington Pontoon with a 350/Bravo III package.

The Howard is located in Lake Havasu and available to view by appointment. Please PM, email or call with any questions.

$95,000.00

George
805-390-5700
[email protected]

I re wrote this ,

Steve,

I've seen you ads. Not sure you're being totally realistic here. No need to advertise that the boat has been damaged. Just need to disclose all to any potential buyer. Seems George's ad is very similar to what most others would advertise in the same situation.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No collision or "fender bender". I was in a cove tied up to Michael Yanke (Magic34). He has a Formula 370. A wave from another boat went through our boats and rolled us pretty good. It put stress cracks around a cleat going out about 3 inches out from any part of the cleat on my Howard. Had it repaired by some of the best in Havasu coordinated by Absolute to come to the shop and do it there while servicing the boat.

All part of the service/repair history that is on file at Absolute and available to anyone who is interested.

George...just curious....When we were talking about the swap plus money to you had any of these things already occured be it engine or gel damage?

Reaction score
Why don't you just roll over and whisper it in his ear, save Brown a buck or two...:D
Dont you have a look at me i have a GAY FUCKING DOG meeting with byron. Get out of here smuck:D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You know, after reading all of the links and everything, I think offense was taken when Steve was trying to let other potential buyers know about the motor issue and hull repair. I guess we are to assume that Cardude was going to let everyone know this verbally when an enquiry was made? Apparently Steve felt that this needed to be disclosed in the F/S add. I don't necessarily agree with the approach but can see what the intention was. Maybe he overreacted but I think that the motor issue and the repair are important elements to be known about a 85K boat. Even though it was not presented in a way the seller wanted it to be. That's the difference between placing an add in the Boat trader, Craigs etc compared to an online forum where people start posting opinions under a sale add.

That being said, it looks like when Steve was pissed about the speakers, he started a bogus F/S thread in the open part of the forum as a goof/rib/jab/ or comeback after feeling he was taken on the deal.

So the question to Steve is:
Did So the question to Steve is: you try to return the speakers? If not, why would you even consider buying a boat from someone that you felt was dishonest and burnt you in the past?

You know, after reading all of the links and everything, I think offense was taken when Steve was trying to let other potential buyers know about the motor issue and hull repair. I guess we are to assume that Cardude was going to let everyone know this verbally when an enquiry was made? Apparently Steve felt that this needed to be disclosed in the F/S add.

if you read post two,it was asked by a different board member, was the motor freshened,when he did n't get a reply, I said I don't think i was rebuit the header was welded up and put back on... key word was I think???

george goes on to ream my ass and tells everyone that I was mad about the speaker deal..

..................................................................................

That being said, it looks like when Steve was pissed about the speakers, he started a bogus F/S thread in the open part of the forum as a goof/rib/jab/ or comeback after feeling he was taken on the deal. .....exactly...

Did you try to return the speakers?

for 300 bucks I figured buyer beware... ask more question and test before I buy from him

If not, why would you even consider buying a boat from someone that you felt was dishonest and burnt you in the past?

I'd like to have a howard deck,don't wan't the problems with rebuilt motors,

wanted to make sure the hull was repaired proper, and ask 'd if it would be avalable less power....

JBS

Reaction score
You know, after reading all of the links and everything, I think offense was taken when Steve was trying to let other potential buyers know about the motor issue and hull repair. I guess we are to assume that Cardude was going to let everyone know this verbally when an enquiry was made? Apparently Steve felt that this needed to be disclosed in the F/S add.

if you read post two,it was asked by a different board member, was the motor freshened,when he did n't get a reply, I said I don't think i was rebuit the header was welded up and put back on... key word was I think???

george goes on to ream my ass and tells everyone that I was mad about the speaker deal..

..................................................................................

That being said, it looks like when Steve was pissed about the speakers, he started a bogus F/S thread in the open part of the forum as a goof/rib/jab/ or comeback after feeling he was taken on the deal. .....exactly...

Did you try to return the speakers?

for 300 bucks I figured buyer beware... ask more question and test before I buy from him

If not, why would you even consider buying a boat from someone that you felt was dishonest and burnt you in the past?

I'd like to have a howard deck,don't wan't the problems with rebuilt motors,

wanted to make sure the hull was repaired proper, and ask 'd if it would be avalable less power....

Steve if your questions were genuine and your intentions were to possibly purchase this boat why the banning on PB?

Seems like there is something I am missing.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve,

I've seen you ads. Not sure you're being totally realistic here. No need to advertise that the boat has been damaged. Just need to disclose all to any potential buyer. Seems George's ad is very similar to what most others would advertise in the same situation.

thats the exzact thing it said when I advertise my force...

off memiory... I said , i just had any and all gell coat damage repaired at lenches fiberglass, the boat is flawless and is in prestine condition

I allways advertise any and all damage in the adddddd because I sell sight unseen to out of state buyers...I have an excellent feedback ...I hate when you go to look at the pristine boat and repaired night mare

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve if your questions were genuine and your intentions were to possibly purchase this boat why the banning on PB?

Seems like there is something I am missing.

heres the question..

how many hours have you put on the boat since it was repaired at 182 hrs....

still no reply...

so how bout an answer george

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Wow.... I read it all and I aint saying shit. But I will say I've did a deal with Steve and he is a man of his word.:thumbsup If Steve says he's going to do something he does it. Back to the sandbox:skull

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
I don't think this thread is about speakers or a boat. It is a character assasination plain and simple (and it's pure douchebaggery) that should have been handled by PM's or phone.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I don't think this thread is about speakers or a boat. It is a character assasination plain and simple (and it's pure douchebaggery) that should have been handled by PM's or phone.

X1000

But it's pretty entertaining :D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Wow.... I read it all and I aint saying shit. But I will say I've did a deal with Steve and he is a man of his word.:thumbsup If Steve says he's going to do something he does it. Back to the sandbox:skull

thanks, and I say the same about you...great to do a deal with out contracts

hand shake and your word

Reaction score
He ever follow threw with those shoes that are suppose to make you look taller. Wait

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I have given this a lot of thought (read that about 5 minutes)..

1st off lets knock the speaker bullshit out of the way.. I talked to Lorne, speakers were not blown. They are however junk. Somebody was talking about how bad ass the speakers were at Cardudes house, Steve thought he was buying something cool and jumped on it before anyone else could.. He didn't know they were cheeseball rock speakers that sounded like shit brand new, let alone used.. He made a mistake on that.. Not sure why he's pissed at Cardudes for himself being impulsive and buying shit without knowing what it is..

As far as the boat deal.. It could certainly be argued by some that on a forum / community one should disclose every little detail of the history of the boat, and in some cases it could go either way.. I could see maybe disclosing a repair if a wakeboard boat punched a hole in the side of the boat and it was repaired..

Fixing a stress crack around a cleat is hardly "note worthy." As for the motor being rebuilt and now having 30 hours on it, I would probably disclose that as an "upsale" instead of a detriment.. Motor is fresh. Regardless of what Phil thinks about absolute.. George has receipts from a respected shop, for a fresh motor on a clean howard.. That's how I see it?

I'll use myself as an example here. I'm not selling my boat, but if I was going too.. I'd sell it as an 03 Schiada / Showroom condition, no dissapointments. 2 years ago I had a stress crack in the Vee and it went all the way through the boat.. Actually got some water in the front ski locker. I talked to Lee at Schiada, Lee said there's no way that should happen in my little small block boat. He tore the floor out of the boat, fixed the crack from the inside, layed the boat up in the whole bow section inside out etc.. The boat is fixed as good as it was the day it was new, by the factory who built it. I have never had a problem with it since and I run the shit out of my boat. I don't think I'd bother "disclosing" that to a buyer, because in my mind it's irrelevant? Some jack ass would try to use it as a bargaining chip to decrease value, when in reality, there's zero issue with the boat.

My 2nd deal is I have a new found leaky swim step.. I have a one inch circle of dry rot in my transom.. In a week or so I'll bring the boat home, take it to Islander or Schiada, and they will cut out the entire birds eye maple inlay on the passenger side of the boat.. Repair the dry rot, reglass, and put a new birds eye maple inlay in it's place. All for something that's smaller then a quarter. Should I disclose that? It's not like I let the boat rot out, and replaced the transom.. There's more work in fixing the inlay, then there is actual work in fixing something the size of a quarter.. Should I advertise it as 03 Schiada.. slight dry rot in transom, but it has been fixed? LOL.. I'd probably tell someone if they were going to buy it, but I wouldn't advertise it.. it's not necesarry.

Bottom line, boats are boats.. You can literally fix anything in glass if you have the right guys fixing shit. It will be as strong and as good as new when it's done. If I broke my boat in half and had it repaired? I'd disclose that, to a buyer, and tell them the work is guaranteed. For something the size of a quarter? Why would I bother?

For a stress crack around a cleat.. Odds are they laid some more glass underneath, or added a backing plate, fixed the gel.. It's a non issue, and not something I would think would need to be disclosed. It's not structural damage, or anything of the sort.

I have no idea of Georges buying or selling practices... If he's guilty of anything, it might be not saying the motor was freshened up 30 hours ago in the add.. but overall I don't really see anything else he did as an issue?

I see Steve is mad at George for whatever reason... And Steve's a friend of mine, but if I had to pick a side as a non involved 3rd party moderator guy I'd pick Georges on both of these..

As a buddy, I expect there's something else going on here that wasn't on the boards, or I wasn't told. Because I too have dealt with Steve and he's a man of his word.. I don't understand why he's so pissed at George? He never talked to him about speakers, never brought it up until now.. etc?

What I do know is the thread isn't fair to curious George, so I'll be locking it...

Brian, to the white courtesy phone please..
RD

thumbs

Reaction score

IMO this is where the problem started. You probably should have kept quite and not stated what you "think" may have been done to the boat.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

not true rick, I get banned and george is still running his mouth on pb after..
so here we are...

fuck me once... shame on you... fuck me twice.. shame on me..

I don't get made over deals, takes away your chance to get even

TeamGreene

Reaction score
thanks, and I say the same about you...great to do a deal with out contracts

hand shake and your word

Isn't it nice when you can deal with someone like that! When they tell you that they are going to do something and you don't have to give it a second thought or wonder if it's getting done.

I have a few people that are like that and it's a pleasure to do biz with them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So after another 15 minutes of getting bitched at in the phone.. Steve would like a chance to make his final comment in the thread before it gets closed.

So Steve, the mic is yours.. You got 9 minutes.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I have given this a lot of thought (read that about 5 minutes)..

1st off lets knock the speaker bullshit out of the way.. I talked to Lorne, speakers were not blown. They are however junk. Somebody was talking about how bad ass the speakers were at Cardudes house, Steve thought he was buying something cool and jumped on it before anyone else could.. He didn't know they were cheeseball rock speakers that sounded like shit brand new, let alone used.. He made a mistake on that.. Not sure why he's pissed at Cardudes for himself being impulsive and buying shit without knowing what it is..

As far as the boat deal.. It could certainly be argued by some that on a forum / community one should disclose every little detail of the history of the boat, and in some cases it could go either way.. I could see maybe disclosing a repair if a wakeboard boat punched a hole in the side of the boat and it was repaired..

Fixing a stress crack around a cleat is hardly "note worthy." As for the motor being rebuilt and now having 30 hours on it, I would probably disclose that as an "upsale" instead of a detriment.. Motor is fresh. Regardless of what Phil thinks about absolute.. George has receipts from a respected shop, for a fresh motor on a clean howard.. That's how I see it?

I'll use myself as an example here. I'm not selling my boat, but if I was going too.. I'd sell it as an 03 Schiada / Showroom condition, no dissapointments. 2 years ago I had a stress crack in the Vee and it went all the way through the boat.. Actually got some water in the front ski locker. I talked to Lee at Schiada, Lee said there's no way that should happen in my little small block boat. He tore the floor out of the boat, fixed the crack from the inside, layed the boat up in the whole bow section inside out etc.. The boat is fixed as good as it was the day it was new, by the factory who built it. I have never had a problem with it since and I run the shit out of my boat. I don't think I'd bother "disclosing" that to a buyer, because in my mind it's irrelevant? Some jack ass would try to use it as a bargaining chip to decrease value, when in reality, there's zero issue with the boat.

My 2nd deal is I have a new found leaky swim step.. I have a one inch circle of dry rot in my transom.. In a week or so I'll bring the boat home, take it to Islander or Schiada, and they will cut out the entire birds eye maple inlay on the passenger side of the boat.. Repair the dry rot, reglass, and put a new birds eye maple inlay in it's place. All for something that's smaller then a quarter. Should I disclose that? It's not like I let the boat rot out, and replaced the transom.. There's more work in fixing the inlay, then there is actual work in fixing something the size of a quarter.. Should I advertise it as 03 Schiada.. slight dry rot in transom, but it has been fixed? LOL.. I'd probably tell someone if they were going to buy it, but I wouldn't advertise it.. it's not necesarry.

Bottom line, boats are boats.. You can literally fix anything in glass if you have the right guys fixing shit. It will be as strong and as good as new when it's done. If I broke my boat in half and had it repaired? I'd disclose that, to a buyer, and tell them the work is guaranteed. For something the size of a quarter? Why would I bother?

For a stress crack around a cleat.. Odds are they laid some more glass underneath, or added a backing plate, fixed the gel.. It's a non issue, and not something I would think would need to be disclosed. It's not structural damage, or anything of the sort.

I have no idea of Georges buying or selling practices... If he's guilty of anything, it might be not saying the motor was freshened up 30 hours ago in the add.. but overall I don't really see anything else he did as an issue?

I see Steve is mad at George for whatever reason... And Steve's a friend of mine, but if I had to pick a side as a non involved 3rd party moderator guy I'd pick Georges on both of these..

As a buddy, I expect there's something else going on here that wasn't on the boards, or I wasn't told. Because I too have dealt with Steve and he's a man of his word.. I don't understand why he's so pissed at George? He never talked to him about speakers, never brought it up until now.. etc?

What I do know is the thread isn't fair to curious George, so I'll be locking it...

Brian, to the white courtesy phone please..
RD

Just because I want this on the last page of the thread.

RD

EpicOne

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Just because I want this on the last page of the thread.

RD

Let's try and get this to another page before it's locked again!

RD:

That was a great post up there. For reals man. For reals. Very well thought out and written.

EO.

Status
Not open for further replies.