WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

‘57 Ford F-350

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
It’s nice to see that you can’t play jump rope with your driveshaft anymore 😁

Do you still have your Corvair powered buggy? It would look cool on the deck.

Looking forward to seeing you taking her for a spin.

redone76

Reaction score
It’s nice to see that you can’t play jump rope with your driveshaft anymore 😁

Do you still have your Corvair powered buggy? It would look cool on the deck.

Looking forward to seeing you taking her for a spin.
Right! Rotates nice and smooth now!
Yes sir I still have it. And we're thinking alike cause I want to get it up there...somehow!

redone76

Reaction score
Shiny new tank got delivered today...I’d jump on it tomorrow if it wasn’t Easter
5C846BCC-ED63-473E-AC9A-6E1BD921BA83.jpeg

redone76

Reaction score
Update time! New ignition and proper key cylinder installed. New glove box and door springs. Wiring cleaned up and repaired for the fuel sender. Stock gauge is working! Gas tank and sender installed. Just gotta bolt the seat down and reinstall the gauge cluster. Hope to take her for a spin by the weekend.
7A56806E-0C8B-477A-941B-4F1E6D176B63.jpeg
9FB1CA60-C4A2-45E7-9540-B48EEAD9F855.jpeg
2B6F2F2B-8825-4712-A1D8-61A4E5EB4AAE.jpeg
A1CB8BD6-63DA-4762-8311-CA96CAC6F77B.jpeg
C28A62A5-2137-4DC0-8694-1848CF307AEF.jpeg

redone76

Reaction score
Got the seat bolted down. Instrument cluster cleaned up and reinstalled. Even the Speedo still works. Thinking I need to take apart and clean the turn signal switch and headlight switch. Gotta wiggle and twist to get lights to work
F1DB76DC-252C-4E22-B710-E4DDE428FD3C.jpeg
E4840EF4-10FA-4EE7-A8C7-24AEE735705D.jpeg

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Back and side glass looks flat, so that should be easy. We’re ya able to source a front windshield?

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Damn !!! That’s a great price. Especially with seals. Good find !

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Congratulations on making her move under her own power! Happy for you, keep chipping away at it, you're almost done with the big stuff.

Way cool breathing life back into this thing.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
HAHA...very true. You can't simply make an appointment now. Gotta go through a virtual service advisor before making an appointment. Worst case I go get in line at 5am and get it handled
My kid just breezed through a couple weeks ago. Remember it’s always been yours. Or pay a service to handle it. Generally about 150$.

redone76

Reaction score
My kid just breezed through a couple weeks ago. Remember it’s always been yours. Or pay a service to handle it. Generally about 150$.
Did he handle it online or wait to see a person?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
He had to go in for something else but surprisingly smoothed on through. Do you have any paperwork. Probably easier to say you’ve had it for decades. But you will then have to do a vin inspection. Might pay to have a service do it, time off work etc.

JayBreww

Reaction score
He had to go in for something else but surprisingly smoothed on through. Do you have any paperwork. Probably easier to say you’ve had it for decades. But you will then have to do a vin inspection. Might pay to have a service do it, time off work etc.

I tried doing this with my 55. They said they no longer can do verifications. DMV or I think DMV form Reg-31 signed by police officer, although he said police can no longer do them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I tried doing this with my 55. They said they no longer can do verifications. DMV or I think DMV form Reg-31 signed by police officer, although he said police can no longer do them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huh, ya seems something is always difficult with them. That’s why last time I just paid a service.
Last time I was at AAA I thought someone was outside doing vin check. Seems weird I didn’t think they did that at all.

redone76

Reaction score
I have zero paperwork besides a bill of sale from my buddy. I'll probably say that it's mine but I lost the paperwork years ago. In 2019 I was able to register an ATC after it sat for 30 years also. I handled it all through the Newhall DMV and they were able to perform the VIN verification. I had to go twice to get that done though

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have zero paperwork besides a bill of sale from my buddy. I'll probably say that it's mine but I lost the paperwork years ago. In 2019 I was able to register an ATC after it sat for 30 years also. I handled it all through the Newhall DMV and they were able to perform the VIN verification. I had to go twice to get that done though
Whatever you do, don't tell them that any part of that vehicle has been on a public road since the registration has expired because if you do you will be responsible for all those years of back registration, even it it was towed. Ask me how I know!!!

redone76

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't tell them that any part of that vehicle has been on a public road since the registration has expired because if you do you will be responsible for all those years of back registration, even it it was towed. Ask me how I know!!!
Gotcha....its been in my backyard for 25 years!

evantwheeler

Reaction score

Does that mean to do it right, he needs a trip permit to take it wherever needed to have VIN inspection performed?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Does that mean to do it right, he needs a trip permit to take it wherever needed to have VIN inspection performed?
Either that or transported via trailer or rollback truck but in no case can his tires ever touch a public road or he will be liable for all years of past registration. I used buy a lot of cars, fix them up and play with them for a while then sell them. In one incident I had bought an old mustang that had been non-op for about ten years. When I went to reg. it the girl at the DMV ran me through a gauntlet of questions, I had all the paper work to show that the vehicle had non-ops from the previous owner and for the time that I had it while I was working on it and getting it running. Then came the question of how did I transport the car from the address on the previous owners non-op to the current address on my non-op and my reply was "by tow truck". Now she starts getting in specifics and asks what kind of tow truck (weird question I thought). My reply was " just a regular tow truck, what do you mean". then she asks if it was a sling type or a rollback. I replied just a regular sling type. Her reaction was "AH HA, I GOT YOU, since two of it's tires were in contact wit a public road you now owe for all back registration". I said fine it was a rollback truck then but that bitch would not relent and said I already made a statement of fact to the contrary and I was stuck with it.
Another time, same scenario that I had purchased a non-op vehicle and got it ready to run so I went to the DMV to get reg. and I ended up with that same bitch running me through the same drill and when she got to the part of asking how I transported the car from one place to another, my replay this time was " by helicopter". You could see the frustration in her face when she asked for an explanation and I said "my buddy owns a heavy construction company co. so we just slung the car under the belly of his heavy lift helicopter and transported it, that way no tires would ever touch a public road. Now she was absolutely livid and practically screamed " Do you really expect me to believe that crap". My reply was " Lady, I don't really give a shit what you believe, I made my statement of facts and if you don't like it you can report me to the FAA but I guarantee that no tire tire touched a public road."

redone76

Reaction score
Either that or transported via trailer or rollback truck but in no case can his tires ever touch a public road or he will be liable for all years of past registration. I used buy a lot of cars, fix them up and play with them for a while then sell them. In one incident I had bought an old mustang that had been non-op for about ten years. When I went to reg. it the girl at the DMV ran me through a gauntlet of questions, I had all the paper work to show that the vehicle had non-ops from the previous owner and for the time that I had it while I was working on it and getting it running. Then came the question of how did I transport the car from the address on the previous owners non-op to the current address on my non-op and my reply was "by tow truck". Now she starts getting in specifics and asks what kind of tow truck (weird question I thought). My reply was " just a regular tow truck, what do you mean". then she asks if it was a sling type or a rollback. I replied just a regular sling type. Her reaction was "AH HA, I GOT YOU, since two of it's tires were in contact wit a public road you now owe for all back registration". I said fine it was a rollback truck then but that bitch would not relent and said I already made a statement of fact to the contrary and I was stuck with it.
Another time, same scenario that I had purchased a non-op vehicle and got it ready to run so I went to the DMV to get reg. and I ended up with that same bitch running me through the same drill and when she got to the part of asking how I transported the car from one place to another, my replay this time was " by helicopter". You could see the frustration in her face when she asked for an explanation and I said "my buddy owns a heavy construction company co. so we just slung the car under the belly of his heavy lift helicopter and transported it, that way no tires would ever touch a public road. Now she was absolutely livid and practically screamed " Do you really expect me to believe that crap". My reply was " Lady, I don't really give a shit what you believe, I made my statement of facts and if you don't like it you can report me to the FAA but I guarantee that no tire tire touched a public road."
Thankfully I have a flatbed trailer in case I'll need to transport to the DMV for VIN verification but the truck has sat in my backyard for the last 30 years while I collected parts to fix it. And I lost the pink slip while fishing....;););)

redone76

Reaction score
Huh, ya seems something is always difficult with them. That’s why last time I just paid a service.
Last time I was at AAA I thought someone was outside doing vin check. Seems weird I didn’t think they did that at all.
What service did you use? The virtual service advisor won't let me go any further to get an appointment because the VIN and license plate are not in the DMV system anymore...duh. Don't really feel like standing in a line at 6am

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
What service did you use? The virtual service advisor won't let me go any further to get an appointment because the VIN and license plate are not in the DMV system anymore...duh. Don't really feel like standing in a line at 6am
Let me check my brother. It’s been a few since I used him.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That’s effing awesome! That’s why I used to know by heart my trailer license.
Got into it with a dmv inspector on a bike once. He came out for a vin check. He didn’t like my numbers. Frame F1200003
Engine. F1200005
He lost his shit, those aren’t legit numbers, they don’t match.
Told him to get in the truck and look at them. He didn’t want to. So I said “if you don’t look at them you can’t deny them. Bikes made before 1985 don’t have to have matching frame/ engine numbers. It’s a factory works bike. The third frame and fifth engine built from a total run of 300 bikes built. So? You want to hop up here and have a look see or who do we get out here now.”
It was late so just said “ok”.
Assholes

redone76

Reaction score
Pacific automotive
Jay
818 906-0118 office
818-693-5025 cell
Tell him referred by Scott Gregory, my brother
Right on! I’ll give him a shot if I can’t get an appointment by calling. Thanks!

redone76

Reaction score
Well I had to put her back up on the stands. After my test drive the transmission output shaft seal and the pinion seal started leaking pretty good. Ordered up new seals and got to work. Dropped the driveshaft and started at the transmission. That was an easy 15 minute job. Started on the pinion and realized I have to pull the pinion gear assembly and take it apart cause the seal comes out from the inside. Destroyed the flange gasket while taking it apart so I’m making a new one. Hope to have it all back together by this weekend
1065C801-A56F-47B9-9D5B-05B32BC7391A.jpeg
FBF34D85-78B3-4936-99E7-955B074EACCB.jpeg
88FA6107-A8AB-4279-896D-11EEF7594ABC.jpeg
C260B6FC-3D44-4F47-BC6D-12720959F270.jpeg
C02B4EF5-9788-490A-A014-2CEF3900940C.jpeg

redone76

Reaction score
Im betting, pretty much every rubber part will be changed as ya move forward. Heat and age do wonders on those parts for sure. BTW, I dig the battering ram front bumper. Perfect accessory for modern traffic !!!!
Man you ain't kidding! I'm down to the crank seals and input seal for the trans. Engine mounts look okay so far but we'll see what happens after a few more miles. The front bumper is 3/16 steel...I may be slow as hell but you better stay outta my way!