WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

“Model home on your flat lot”

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing a lot of offers for builders in LHC that show standard houses being able to be built in the 300-350k range on a flat lot. These are 1800 sq ft 3/2 houses with open floor plans. Usually 2 car garage with tandem boat deep side. Mostly on Zillow. Has anyone had any success doing this and if so, was the price range accurate?
Who do you recommend? Actual experiences with similar builds would be most useful.
Were utilities included?
Leaning more and more towards building our own house but I’m just starting the research process and wouldn’t mind a few heads up of what to do and especially what NOT to do.

sintax

Reaction score
yea, that was a very popular technique to get people to look at your ads. If you're serious about building, its prob best to just call a company like Kelco and get in line.

I cant imagine they're still able to build for 300-350, those were the same number that all the builders were floating 3 years ago before the price of lumber (and everything else) tripled in cost

Plenty of people have built though, i'm sure they'll chim in with some tips

c_land

Reaction score
If I were to do it again, I would hire an architect or engineer on retainer and evaluate your potential sites for entitlement issues/challenges. Then expect that the 300-350k number you are seeing will be more expensive, as those are typically models with standard options and no upgrades.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing a lot of offers for builders in LHC that show standard houses being able to be built in the 300-350k range on a flat lot. These are 1800 sq ft 3/2 houses with open floor plans. Usually 2 car garage with tandem boat deep side. Mostly on Zillow. Has anyone had any success doing this and if so, was the price range accurate?
Who do you recommend? Actual experiences with similar builds would be most useful.
Were utilities included?
Leaning more and more towards building our own house but I’m just starting the research process and wouldn’t mind a few heads up of what to do and especially what NOT to do.

That has been a successful delivery model in Havasu for years. But like others have said, if you don’t already have the lot it will be a longer and much more expensive build than you are anticipating.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Were utilities included?
Flat lots are just about impossible to find and if you do come accross one your probably looking in the low $100’s. Tack on $350K for the home build plus probably another 10% in upgrades over the standard spec home price. Now your looking at approx $500K for a non rv garage home that you will probably looking at waiting 12-18 months to complete. (Builders are way backed up with material & labor shortages right now)

If I were going to do it all over today I would just buy an existing home and start enjoying the house when escrow closes the next month. Building a home is like watching grass grow in Havasu, lol 😂

sintax

Reaction score
Flat lots are just about impossible to find and if you do come accross one your probably looking in the low $100’s. Tack on $350K for the home build plus probably another 10% in upgrades over the standard spec home price. Now your looking at approx $500K for a non rv garage home that you will probably looking at waiting 12-18 months to complete. (Builders are way backed up with material & labor shortages right now)

If I were going to do it all over today I would just buy an existing home and start enjoying the house when escrow closes the next month. Building a home is like watching grass grow in Havasu, lol 😂

thats really what did us in. I spent 3-4 mo trying to find a good "cheap" lot that wasnt in a shithole part of town. Most of the lots I found acceptable were in the 80-120k range and STILL needed earth work

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
thats really what did us in. I spent 3-4 mo trying to find a good "cheap" lot that wasnt in a shithole part of town. Most of the lots I found acceptable were in the 80-120k range and STILL needed earth work

And look where that got you! 😂 😂 😂

I actually really like our street 👍👍

sintax

Reaction score
And look where that got you! 😂 😂 😂

I actually really like our street 👍👍

haha for sure, its a good spot.

I got in late last night, pops and a bud came a day earlier. I'm not 100% sure I can get my boat out with all the shit the new guy has piled up in front of his house. I'll be seeing in a minute here.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
haha for sure, its a good spot.

I got in late last night, pops and a bud came a day earlier. I'm not 100% sure I can get my boat out with all the shit the new guy has piled up in front of his house. I'll be seeing in a minute here.

Yeah, shit show to say the least! I hope their back yard is bitchen

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Cheapest RV /Garage with pool home I could find:
Next one is north of $760k
Low supply / high demand
Cheers to those that bought pre covid👍

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Low supply / high demand
Cheers to those that bought pre covid[emoji106]

Damn I need to list mine. 2 years old/pool/RV garage

New one is just now breaking ground though. I can’t tent camp for a year. [emoji23][emoji23]

DRYHEAT

Reaction score

I think you’re gonna need to go $150,000 + to find a lot in a decent neighborhood that doesn’t need $100,000 worth of dirt work and retaining walls. The price is for dirt is crazy these days.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Damn I need to list mine. 2 years old/pool/RV garage

New one is just now breaking ground though. I can’t tent camp for a year. [emoji23][emoji23]

This would’ve been $550k max in Sept of 19’
Nice chunk of change to make: 👍

dspracing

Reaction score
I am in the same situation right now. You are really just spinning your wheels until you have a lot under contract. Flat and for sale is hard to find.

That being said, you will notice the 300k range houses typically do not disclose the builder's name. You can visit the NBH build on Palo Verde N, that unit sits at $309k right now. Quality and finish is not even comparable to the mid/higher-end builders. The better builders are running just under 500k right now. From the discussions I have had with them and the lots I have proposed, they are willing to push a little dirt around to make it work. Extensive grading will obviously be much more.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
I’m just wrapping up on this whole process now. When we started, my wife and I looked at most of the “build on your lot” type models. I was the cheaper option compared to buying a finished house.
My builder has raised his price four or five times on Zillow since we signed a contract. I would say if the Zillow add hasn’t had a price increase in the last 8 months it’s probably not current.
Depending on the builder, the price will include utilities. My Builder included the electric tie in and water meter and but excluded sewer utilities.
And fair warning... a new house is just grounds for the wife to fill it with new stuff.

IMG_5028.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
This would’ve been $550k max in Sept of 19’
Nice chunk of change to make: 👍

Did you see the “view” from the backyard?! 😳

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The 3/2 with a 20 foot garage built in 1971 across the street from me just sold for $320k last week.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I've wondered if there is any manufactured home angle/advantage that could be played here. Not a mobile home. But there seems to be several manufactured home solutions on the market. Anyone looked into this? Barndominiums come to mind but there are others.

badgas

Reaction score
Low supply / high demand
Cheers to those that bought pre covid👍

Crazy !!

I closed on this same model in Oct for $443K I will be at $530K all in with all new flooring and brand new backyard with new pool , spa , fire pit walls etc. I really felt I was buying at the top of bubble then and now im 100K to the good, Wild times for sure

FishSniper

Reaction score
Crazy !!

I closed on this same model in Oct for $443K I will be at $530K all in with all new flooring and brand new backyard with new pool , spa , fire pit walls etc. I really felt I was buying at the top of bubble then and now im 100K to the good, Wild times for sure
We’re in very similar situation we bought in dec 2019 an RV garage home and was a little hesitant to pull the trigger. We have added rear door on RV garage, pool, spa and landscape to rear yard and can’t believe the prices on RV garage homes with pool now. I too was worried about buying at the peak and worried again when covid hit bit market has gone crazy since then. Just glad all the projects are done for now and everything ready in time for summer.

Last edited:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Crazy !!

Did u see the 2011 sales price of $267K on that house? If only I had a Time Machine, lol.

Brobee

Reaction score
Did you see the “view” from the backyard?! [emoji15]

Get a nice projector on your roof and you can have family movie night from the pool. Glass half full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
Yeah, shit show to say the least! I hope their back yard is bitchen

I was just shooting some pool with your neighbor John, he was telling me he’s 100k into the build now. He’s putting in a pool.

The owner is a landscape contractor. Hit me up if you want to cruise over and grab a beer tomorrow or Friday

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I was just shooting some pool with your neighbor John, he was telling me he’s 100k into the build now. He’s putting in a pool.

The owner is a landscape contractor. Hit me up if you want to cruise over and grab a beer tomorrow or Friday

I figured he was doing a pool. Won't be much room after the pool though, that back yard was on the smaller side.

I'm enjoying watching the corner house come along too

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I've wondered if there is any manufactured home angle/advantage that could be played here. Not a mobile home. But there seems to be several manufactured home solutions on the market. Anyone looked into this? Barndominiums come to mind but there are others.
Manufactured home are only allowed in certain zoned areas around town and the areas are few. Some older ones grandfathered in sprinkled around town though.

Mark G

Reaction score
Were utilities included?
I posted on another thread that 3 contractors recently turned me down for a lot build in Bullhead (Sunridge). To busy! I couldn't even find a surveryor. A guy came in from Vegas to do it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

no, no no, It's more like watching your grass die while you keep watering it and everyday having to pull weeds and clean dog shit from the neighbors dog