WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

“RUFF”

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It’s hard to describe to non-dog people the relationship of a man and his dog. Every time I watch this it hits me in the feels.

I lost my retriever earlier this year. Boots was the “once in a lifetime” dog, never had a leash type. Like Ruff I hope that isn’t true.

I’m ready for my next “Ruff”...

bonesfab

Reaction score
My last mutt was awsome and my current one surpasses her. He goes everywhere with me. Including to the bar for dinner. I don't think I would be let in with out him. Hangs out at the shop and greets the customers. The right dog really makes life better.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
"Take your time ol' boy, you've earned it!"

That was "Ruff" to watch. He definitely loved his life!!

Sits on our mantel
20211120_183800.jpg
20211120_183725.jpg

My river dog. Definitely miss him, I'd hook the boat up, fire it the driveway, everytime we take it out. He would hear it fire in the driveway and would stand and block the front door. As soon as the wife or i would tell him he could go he would get so excited. If we didnt take him he would be laying at the front door when we got home. Have to push the door to move him to get in the house, then get the "cold shoulder" from him all night. Needless to say, he didnt miss many boating trips!!
20180707_195918.jpg

20180908_190718.jpg
20180825_192358.jpg
20180908_190946.jpg

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
"Take your time ol' boy, you've earned it!"

That was "Ruff" to watch. He definitely loved his life!!

Sits on my mantel View attachment 1068141 View attachment 1068142

My river dog. Definitely miss him, I'd hook the boat up, fire it the driveway, everytime we take it out. He would hear it fire in the driveway and would stand and block the front door. As soon as the wife or i would tell him he could go he would get so excited. If we didnt take him he would be laying at the front door when we got home. Have to push the door to move him to get in the house, then get the "cold shoulder" from him all night. Needless to say, he didnt miss many boating trips!! View attachment 1068143
View attachment 1068144 View attachment 1068145 View attachment 1068148

That’s a true river dog. I love these stories we share about ourselves and man’s best friend. Something about our dogs....

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
That’s a true river dog. I love these stories we share about ourselves and man’s best friend. Something about our dogs....

I love the story's too. Just always have to figure out how to tell my wife why my eyes are watering🤣🤣

Not to take the subject off dogs BUT, what ever happened to Jason?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I love the story's too. Just always have to figure out how to tell my wife why my eyes are watering🤣🤣

Not to take the subject off dogs BUT, what ever happened to Jason?

Jason is barely hanging on. I haven’t seen him in two or three days. He’s very transient these days but not looking good. I’ll update when he’s back in a day or two. Kinda sad as the end is near for him too. Once in a lifetime cat for sure lol

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Jason is barely hanging on. I haven’t seen him in two or three days. He’s very transient these days but not looking good. I’ll update when he’s back in a day or two. Kinda sad as the end is near for him too. Once in a lifetime cat for sure lol

😞Keep us posted on him! I'm definitely interested! And saddened at the same time. The journey of Jason, how he came about, how he stuck around, the story/thread is awesome. Not to mention that fukr was "ripped"! Bring back the old thread when you update!!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It’s hard to describe to non-dog people the relationship of a man and his dog. Every time I watch this it hits me in the feels.

I lost my retriever earlier this year. Boots was the “once in a lifetime” dog, never had a leash type. Like Ruff I hope that isn’t true.

I’m ready for my next “Ruff”...

I don’t know whether to thank you or to curse you for posting that video.😭😭😭
Hits way too close to home right now.☹️

Sorry for your loss.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
😞Keep us posted on him! I'm definitely interested! And saddened at the same time. The journey of Jason, how he came about, how he stuck around, the story/thread is awesome. Not to mention that fukr was "ripped"! Bring back the old thread when you update!!

That’s another animal that’s gonna hit me hard. I’ll update his thread this week 👍

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I don’t know whether to thank you or to curse you for posting that video.😭😭😭
Hits way too close to home right now.☹️

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry bud, It’s gut wrenching when we lose our companions.

There’s just something so tragic yet amazing in the bond humans have with Dogs that they don’t have with any other animal. I’m grateful for every single one that has chosen me as best friend.