WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

04 Nordic Rage 496 HO Impeller Help!,,,

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, I decided to do the annual service myself this year. I’ve got the back seat out, and can see the side of the motor. What do I HAVE to take off to get the water pump out in one piece, to change the impeller on the work bench? I already looked at Utube, but there wasnt anything for the 496HO specifically showing how to get the pump out. In advance, THANKS TO ALL INMATES THAT RESPOND - I really need the help, and appreciate all advice

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Pull the serpentine belt. Loosen the tensioner and it will come right off.

You may need to pull the fuel filter off to get at the pump from a better angle.

Pull one of the drain petcocks on the pump to drain all the water from the system.

Pull the hoses off the back of the pump. This is probably the hardest part. Be patient here. Mark which is which if you need to.

You will need to pull off the idler pulley bracket in the upper right. From there the pump should come off on its mount. The mount is the piece in the center of the picture. Once you get it out you can separate the pump from the mount, separate the halves of the pump and change the impeller. Wrap zip ties around the blades of the impeller to compress the blades and get the new one back in the housing. Use a little dish soap as lube if needed.

D50AAC1E-9756-443B-9CDE-2EC4E1907272.png

Last edited:

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Pull the serpentine belt. Loosen the tensioner and it will come right off.

You may need to pull the fuel filter off to get at the pump from a better angle.

Pull one of the drain petcocks on the pump to drain all the water from the system.

Pull the hoses off the back of the pump. This is probably the hardest part. Be patient here. Mark which is which if you need to.

You will need to pull off the idler pulley bracket in the upper right. From there the pump should come off on its mount. The mount is the piece in the center of the picture. Once you get it out you can separate the pump from the mount, separate the halves of the pump and change the impeller. Wrap zip ties around the blades of the impeller to compress the blades and get the new one back in the housing. Use a little dish soap as lube if needed.

View attachment 847940

This just make sure you bend the impeller blades the correct direction.