WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

06 Carrera 257 Party Effect Help !!!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So I’m looking for some help regarding my 2006 Carrera 257 party effect. I bought the boat three years ago and it’s been turnkey. Last season I had the carburetor rebuilt because it wasn’t properly stored for winter and it was all gummed up. I took it to a guy who all the boat places in San Diego recommend which he rebuilt and re jetted it. Ever since that rebuild I’ve had nothing but problems in low idol and neutral idol. When I started the boat it seems like it wants to die unless I give it throttle, if I can get it past the no wake zone and get on it the boat operates fine on top end 70 mph plus. I’ve read a lot of reviews over the past week and I think it might be my carburetor. I have a demon 750 four barrel carburetor. I have done all the adjustments with the set idle screw and the throttle , also the floats. When I put the boat into gear it just dies unless I continue to throttle it which is so hard trying to dock it and/or put on the trailer. Has anybody had this issue because at this point anything will help thank you guys

J 2

Reaction score
If your boat was turn key I don't understand why the jets would be changed. I clearly see carb issue, that was the only change you describe. Since your good at top end, fuel system, filter, probably fine. Did you get a calibration build sheet after rebuild? I had C & J Engineering rebuild my carb and he gave me a description of everything they did, looks like some before & after comments too, excellent shop btw. In any case I suspect you need a better carb guy to undo what was done differently.

Attachments

• C&J Carb Specs-1.jpg
    C&J Carb Specs-1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 125
Reaction score
If your boat was turn key I don't understand why the jets would be changed. I clearly see carb issue, that was the only change you describe. Since your good at top end, fuel system, filter, probably fine. Did you get a calibration build sheet after rebuild? I had C & J Engineering rebuild my carb and he gave me a description of everything they did, looks like some before & after comments too, excellent shop btw. In any case I suspect you need a better carb guy to undo what was done differently.

Well that was my whole issue when I got the carburetor back and the main question is why did he change the Jets. I did not receive a calibration bill sheet because unfortunately this guy works out of his garage but it’s supposed to be the best in San Diego. Yeah I think you’re right that’s why this past Friday I took it to a shop in San Diego to check out the carb. the dude took it apart cleaned it and said everything looks all right besides some minor tweaking with the alignment of the butterflies. Long story short he needs me to come back in this week so he can put a new idle screw in and adjust some thing. Crossing my fingers .