WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

08’ DCB F26

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Pirates or Mini Sandbar?

Was actually a great day real calm and don’t recall anyone with music cranked! Your boy spill a red drink?
Pirates, your son kept talking to you, you saying what, what, what, and then him saying what, what, what, and when I heard him say it’s so loud, that’s when I told my son turn that shit down! Lol

edit: my boy isn’t really a boy anymore, in his 20s w a baby face
7FCF7E79-6354-4B6D-BBA7-79873A820182.jpeg
E8B98DA8-ED4D-451D-8599-DB92F93C9993.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Pirates, your son kept talking to you, you saying what, what, what, and then him saying what, what, what, and when I heard him say it’s so loud, that’s when I told my son turn that shit down! Lol

edit: my boy isn’t really a boy anymore, in his 20s w a baby face
View attachment 1233530 View attachment 1233531
Yes i recall you now, offered to push us off etc. but still don’t recall loud music lol.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’s a ton of work but oh so satisfying to see the results. About 70% done buffing half the boat, sounds better than saying i still have a ton to do still.
But i also stuck some of the new decals for her on. The F on the sides i absolutely love, the AZ’s I’m not in love with but… still looks good.
IMG_2062.jpeg
71277091130__0EFEBE77-2D9E-4E7B-8267-4052E93370C1.jpeg
IMG_2078.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
71279574557__3A785B77-164F-4B94-AF22-B9510D6F9316.jpeg
71279584689__F4D2BC1B-EAD7-49EB-B501-A99872BA9276.jpeg

MR HARLEY

Reaction score
Thank you, your F29 new to Havasu? You posted it for me the other day, I’ve seen it before in pics but don’t remember ever seeing it on the water.
No, not new. She has been in Havasu for the last 17 years.

We mostly boat during the weekdays, maybe why I'm not seen as much. Kinda like it that way. 😄

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
No, not new. She has been in Havasu for the last 17 years.

We mostly boat during the weekdays, maybe why I'm not seen as much. Kinda like it that way. 😄
Those are our favorite days as well, but we seldom go passed sandbar.

DWC

Reaction score
It’s a ton of work but oh so satisfying to see the results. About 70% done buffing half the boat, sounds better than saying i still have a ton to do still.
But i also stuck some of the new decals for her on. The F on the sides i absolutely love, the AZ’s I’m not in love with but… still looks good.
View attachment 1260504 View attachment 1260505 View attachment 1260506 View attachment 1260507 View attachment 1260508 View attachment 1260509
New brand of wax for you or have you been using it for awhile?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
New brand of wax for you or have you been using it for awhile?
I’ve never used a buffer before, for keeping it clean I’ve always just used Xtreme. But seemed no shops had time and the one close kept stroking me off. So went into the shop in Havasu that sells ice and water just east of Absolute and asked what i needed and then watched a bunch of YouTube lol.

So far I’m pretty happy, but i gotta pull it outside to be sure I’m happy lol. But opening the garage door doesn’t sound fun as the garage is currently sitting at 75°

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
I’ve never used a buffer before, for keeping it clean I’ve always just used Xtreme. But seemed no shops had time and the one close kept stroking me off. So went into the shop in Havasu that sells ice and water just east of Absolute and asked what i needed and then watched a bunch of YouTube lol.

So far I’m pretty happy, but i gotta pull it outside to be sure I’m happy lol. But opening the garage door doesn’t sound fun as the garage is currently sitting at 75°
I was really happy with the Meguiars wax until i dropped it in the water. Boat didn’t wipe down very easily even after a single day on the water. Interested to see how this does.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I was really happy with the Meguiars wax until i dropped it in the water. Boat didn’t wipe down very easily even after a single day on the water. Interested to see how this does.
I’m doing a three step, cut, polish, wax, and I’ve seen the Rupes in a few detail shops so I’m really hoping for the best. Also waxing with the DA as well.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Did you find this doing maintenance or boat was acting weird?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Seems as tho it may not have been all me, looks like a possible part failure that isn’t something typically found. Don’t recall all the technical terms but a part in or on the shift shaft broke and cause the shift fork to break as well. Parts will be here in the following week so if i can find enough change in the cushions it should be back and running in two weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_20230816_152814_03.jpeg
    IMG_20230816_152814_03.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20230816_152814_04.jpeg
    IMG_20230816_152814_04.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 82

mattyc

Reaction score
Seems as tho it may not have been all me, looks like a possible part failure that isn’t something typically found. Don’t recall all the technical terms but a part in or on the shift shaft broke and cause the shift fork to break as well. Parts will be here in the following week so if i can find enough change in the cushions it should be back and running in two weeks.
Did you take it apart? Or did you take it down to max machine? Everything else looks ok?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Was he able to get you in fairly quick? I’ve heard great things about him and his shop.
Yes, as well he said he’d get back to me “maybe Friday but probably Monday” then got a call and texts with photos at 4:50 today. So I’ll wait till it’s all done and post a full review, but i have a feeling he could drop my drive out of the bed of a truck at 100 and the review still couldn’t be bad. I’ve had him do a few small jobs for me in the past, and then i spoke with @wet hull a little the other day and well I’m super happy with the decision so far.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Yes, as well he said he’d get back to me “maybe Friday but probably Monday” then got a call and texts with photos at 4:50 today. So I’ll wait till it’s all done and post a full review, but i have a feeling he could drop my drive out of the bed of a truck at 100 and the review still couldn’t be bad. I’ve had him do a few small jobs for me in the past, and then i spoke with @wet hull a little the other day and well I’m super happy with the decision so far.
Glad to hear. Hope you get fixed up and on the water asap

DWC

Reaction score
I’m doing a three step, cut, polish, wax, and I’ve seen the Rupes in a few detail shops so I’m really hoping for the best. Also waxing with the DA as well.
Calls are done.. Taking advantage of some cooler weather.

IMG_9924.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Thank you! So, as long as the grinder/polisher arbor is the same size as the Zephyr composite plates, you're golden. 👍
Yea mines a 5/8” arbor, i spoke with the guys at Zephyr quite a bit. But then i have my horrible freight variable speed, and the thread is 5/8-11 so should slide right on. Might just have to launch then pull fenders off and put back on trailer at end of October when i park her. I used a 4” grinder and 7” cotton and it made it shine but real swirled.
We should make a thread on polishing different metals and add tips tricks and machines.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So i called Chris at Flattop the day i pulled my caps and plugs and realized that it was the drive for sure. He said yea bring it down and I’ll get her apart and figure out what needs done, brought next morning and as i posted he said he’d get to it in a few days but actually got to it that afternoon.
He gave me a run down of what the upper needed and i just gave him the go ahead, do what needs to be done and let me know.

The shift shaft was basically welded to the forward gear, the pinion and forward gear looked great, but showed that they were used etc. he suggested while apart to make some small changes so i went as he said. He replaced the pinion gear and flipped the forward and reverse gears, creating a new forward set essentially. He went through and replaced seals and bearings as needed and and had her all back together in a few days. Due to stuff on my end i didn’t pick it up until yesterday and when we went over the invoice it was everything he said.
I expected 7k minimum and was otd at 3700$ with everything done the right way no cheat no skimp. I’ve dealt with him on tiny deals and parts, as well spoke to him numerous times about god knows what, this was my first actual business with Chris and all i can say is thanks to that man and his other employee Matt. Talk about a simple easy absolutely NO bullshit ordeal, I’ll definitely be back as well recommending him to any and all. There’s only a few straight shooters in Havasu and he’s definitely one of them.
Thanks Flattop!

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Ol @Cole Brewed done and spent some more of my money lol. He got some new lights for his trailer and once i saw i had to copy him. Already had done the stainless trim rings and 15” slimline’s on trailer, but had the series 15 with rubber grommet for the clearance lights. These aren’t a huge deal or pop but definitely worked out perfect to tie all together. These are another only at Extreme product tho.
View attachment 988078 View attachment 988079 View attachment 988080
@ChrisV

Good Stuff

Reaction score
So i called Chris at Flattop the day i pulled my caps and plugs and realized that it was the drive for sure. He said yea bring it down and I’ll get her apart and figure out what needs done, brought next morning and as i posted he said he’d get to it in a few days but he actually got to it that afternoon.
He gave me a run down if what the upper needed and i just gave him the go ahead, do what needs to be done and let me know.

The shift shaft was basically welded to the forward gear, the pinion and forward gear looked great, but showed that they were used etc. he suggested while apart to make some small changes so i went as he said. He replaced the pinion gear and flipped the forward and reverse gears, creating a new forward set essentially. He went through and replaced seals and bearings as needed and and had her all back together in a few days. Due to stuff on my end i didn’t pick it up till yesterday and when we went over the invoice it was everything he said.
I expected 7k minimum and was otd at 3700$ with everything done the right way no cheat no skimp. I’ve dealt with on tiny deals with Flattop as well spoke to him numerous times about god knows what, this was my first actual business with Chris and all i can say is thanks to that man and his other employee Matt. Talk about a simple easy absolutely NO bullshit ordeal, I’ll definitely be back as well recommending him to any and all. Here’s a few straight shooters in Havasu and he’s definitely one of them.
Thanks Flattop!

He loves that gear flipping move. I would never buy a boat he’s worked on because of it. “Just had drive gone through and freshened up” 200 hours on the parts inside. 😂

When it’s your boat and you understand the risks to roll the dice and maybe save a few thousand then have at it. It would suck to buy a boat and find out that had been done.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
He loves that gear flipping move. I would never buy a boat he’s worked on because of it. “Just had drive gone through and freshened up” 200 hours on the parts inside. 😂

When it’s your boat and you understand the risks to roll the dice and maybe save a few thousand then have at it. It would suck to buy a boat and find out that had been done.
Well bummer, was really looking forward to you buying my boat.
The gears had no scratching no pitting etc. they were flipped only as the top gear was like new as it was reverse. Has around 90 hours on the original build which was everything that MMW offers, full build.

I wouldn’t call it a dice roll, the whole issue was the shift fork which was a random failure afterall, which caused the clutch shaft to jam into the interior face of the gear. Which left no damage to the gear but to the shaft which was replaced. One thing i don’t do is skimp when it comes to maintenance nor anything i do on my toys. I’m also one of the most open there are that’s part of why i do these build threads and put all the information into them. Ask anyone that’s bought anything from me!

wet hull

Reaction score
The gears had no scratching no pitting etc. they were flipped only as the top gear was like new as it was reverse. Has around 90 hours on the original build which was everything that MMW offers, full build.

I wouldn’t call it a dice roll, the whole issue was the shift fork which was a random failure afterall, which caused the clutch shaft to jam into the interior face of the gear. Which left no damage to the gear but to the shaft which was replaced. One thing i don’t do is skimp when it comes to maintenance nor anything i do on my toys. I’m also one of the most open there are that’s part of why i do these build threads and put all the information into them. Ask anyone that’s bought anything from me!
Well said!!

Good Stuff

Reaction score

Sorry it wasn’t meant as an attack on your setup at all. I feel like you would disclose a gear flip and don’t seem to hide anything on your builds. I just know customers of his who have told me their gears were pitted and shot but he flipped it for them and then they sell the boat with “refreshed drives”. That speaks a lot to their ahem integrity more so than his but the flipped gears in those cases just seems crazy to me.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Sorry it wasn’t meant as an attack on your setup at all. I feel like you would disclose a gear flip and don’t seem to hide anything on your builds. I just know customers of his who have told me their gears were pitted and shot but he flipped it for them and then they sell the boat with “refreshed drives”. That speaks a lot to their ahem integrity more so than his but the flipped gears in those cases just seems crazy to me.
Understandable, but yes my gears had zero pitting or marking’s but as it was apart it was worth tossing a new pinion in and flipping the drive gears.
Chris seems to be the guy that opens to all options, and explains the this and that reasonings. I’d say chances were that the customer just wanted flipped to sell and he did what that customer asked, pretty damn sure had the buyer of said boat reached out to Chris he’d have told them also.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Flipping of the FWD/REV gears is extremely common and a lot of the big name shops do it. One of the main reasons is the gears from Merc can be very hit and miss, you could put brand new gears in that are worse than the 200hr gears that came out. So if your gears look good and haven’t failed in 200hrs (ie no defects), then they probably have some good life left in them.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Nothing too crazy but decided to change my runway lighting to a dual color light instead. Trailer needed rewired anyway so this was time to kill two birds with one stone.
Trux Dual Revolution 3/4” leds is what i went with.