WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1/2 hour sitcoms

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
What has happened to 1/2 hour sitcoms ? 10 minutes of program and 20 minutes of mind numbing virtual signaling commercials ! Does anybody watch prime time TV anymore ? Who are these advertisers audience ?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
no thanks. garbage TV. I cant stand any of the "reality TV" either. I try to go back and watch the old stuff and I realize how bad they were too. Its just there werent other options back in the day and we didnt know any better.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
The wifey and I watch all the old stuff, there have been some pretty good Netflix shows. As far as movies I check out the RDP reviews pretty spot on.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I basically gave up on TV. Does seem as though the good sitcoms are a thing of the past. Went the way of sports. Down the toilet. Always some agenda being pushed. I like Forensic Files though. Especially the re-runs. Maybe a home improvement type show here and there.

Reactions: ssc

ssc

Reaction score
I can't watch anything with commercials. My wife watches a few shows and I have to leave as it pisses me off. The commercials have a particular trend that drives me crazy. Can't even watch my old time favorite shows due to the "commercials." I turn on a movie channel or do Netflix or on demand with no commercials or the ability to FF. Not only are the "c" disgusting, but 5 minutes of show and then 4 minutes of "c." Not to mention the agenda the current shows and the "c" are shoving down our throat.

Cheers, Steve

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don’t watch TV.
Still pay for dish for the weather channel and sirius music. 🤷‍♂️

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
YouTube Premium.
I watch whatever floats my interest. No commercials. I outright refuse to watch TV anymore.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Lot of YouTube. Anyone besides @Sharp Shooter have a channel?
As said can’t handle the racist and virtue signaling commercials and then they review for 3 minutes so you remember what you were watching if discovery or history channel.
Hate to admit but wife has got me watching MeTV or other rerun channels at night to unwind.

OkHallett270

Reaction score
Even with Hulu and amazon prime, my only two subscriptions at this point, the stuff they headline when you start it up has an agenda. You have to row through several rows of crap news and racial charged programming to even get to the “my stuff” tab. It seems it’s always some minority or sexual orientation group month and they always have programs that feature that stuff to let you know that being a normal person is no longer wanted in today’s world. I subscribe to motortrend on demand through my prime account too. I refuse to watch anything with commercials. I tried that with Hulu and every commercial was dudes getting periods and gay parents raising kids etc etc. :rolleyes:

Tank

Reaction score
I've said for a while, I haven't watched regular TV in YEARS! Sitcoms became lame, invention of DVR bypassed commercials and ever since the invention of prime cable channels that are more lax on FCC regulations, the content on regular TV pales in comparison. I'd say it all started probably around 2000 when the FX channel began. Now you have basically full blown uncensored drama and comedy shows on subscription channels, the realism is better, the acting is better, the shows are just better. I tried to start watching a new NBC series last week (Debris). I like science fiction and the premise is really cool but it follows the same bullshit format of regular TV and you can just feel the FCC strangle hold on drama shows which makes the shows feel canned. Can't do it.