WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1/2" tubing bender...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I need one for tomorrow. Grainger in Rancho has one, but they want way more than anyone else does for the thing!

Anyone know where I can go buy one tomorrow?

Thanks in advance,

:cool:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I need one for tomorrow. Grainger in Rancho has one, but they want way more than anyone else does for the thing!

Thanks in advance,

Mandrel or muffler bend?

Why not just pay someone to bend it up for you?

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,

I have a hand held 1/2" tubing bender in Venice

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
I have a hand held 1/2 inch Ridgid (brand) Tube Bender with rollers for Stainless Steel Tube. It will bend any material but is designed for kink/ripple free bends in Stainless Steel. Like new.
I'm in Simi Valley, Ca. 93063. 1 818-883-8223 Scott

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
What are you bending?

This. Are we talking EMT? Automotive type tubing? HD should have EMT benders.

If it's softer material, make your own die with whatever radius you need out of plywood....use 1/2"...cut the appropriate radius into a piece, then sandwich that between 2 more pieces with an inch or so of overhang. Devise some sort of manner in which to anchor one end of the tube while pulling it around your die. The 2 other pieces overhanging the center die will keep the tube from growing on the axis opposite the bend, and keep it relatively round.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Thin wall stainless. Gonna be making a high pressure fuel line.

P_20180504_131439_vHDR_On.jpg

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I've got one you could borrow but you would have to drive to Long Beach to pick it up.
Need to know before 10 so I can throw it in the car.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have a hand held 1/2 inch Ridgid (brand) Tube Bender with rollers for Stainless Steel Tube. It will bend any material but is designed for kink/ripple free bends in Stainless Steel. Like new.
I'm in Simi Valley, Ca. 93063. 1 818-883-8223 Scott

Sent you a text, was considering driving out there tonight. Kinna late now though. Lemme see what comes up tomorrow.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Mcmaster Carr has them but you wouldn't get it till Wednesday.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have a soooopertrick one but it is residing in a toolbox I can't find or loaned it out and didn't get it back.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So...

Steve (Boat Anchor) drove to our shop and totally hooked me up this morning. Sold us a quality tube bender and flare kit and gave me lessons on how to use all the stuff. What a great guy!

He is fanatical about stainless plumbing. I'm probably going to have him do all the fuel line plumbing on my brother in laws boat in the near future, since they are fairly close to each other.

If you are Ever in need of having stainless plumbing done on your toys, this IS the guy to use!

Thanks Steve. I owe ya. :thumbup:

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I have said several times, this site is, hands down. THE BEST!!

Brian

So...

Steve (Boat Anchor) drove to our shop and totally hooked me up this morning. Sold us a quality tube bender and flare kit and gave me lessons on how to use all the stuff. What a great guy!

He is fanatical about stainless plumbing. I'm probably going to have him do all the fuel line plumbing on my brother in laws boat in the near future, since they are fairly close to each other.

If you are Ever in need of having stainless plumbing done on your toys, this IS the guy to use!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Well ...post a photo of that sucker!

So...

Boat Anchor

Reaction score
So...

Hey Joe, Scott Davis, (Boat Anchor) here. It was great to meet you and your business partner this morning. I'm glad that I could help you guys out.
If you have any other questions, or if I can help you out in any other way, please give me a call.

Best regards,

Scott Davis, aka Boat Anchor

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yep, that is similar to the one I have, mine must be for alum, because the handles are nowhere near as long. ;)

Brian