WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1/3 of Americans will NOT get COVID vaccine

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I know I wont be getting it

Political party affiliation is the biggest difference-maker as 81% of Democrats said they would get a vaccine, while less than half of Republicans, 47%, said they would get the vaccine.

White Americans are more likely than non-White Americans to say they would get a vaccine if it was available, 67% to 59%. That’s despite the fact that “some racial and ethnic minority groups are being disproportionately affected by COVID-19,” as the CDC puts it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
That's probably enough.

My guess, based on the political party spin of the story, is most of the responding Democrats are urban dwellers. So if they get vaccinated (and it actually works), that'll cut outbreaks way down. They rest of flyover country will handle outbreaks like they do everything else, by just living with it.

The remainder of the vaccinations will be used on at risk population, it'll probably be a two-fer with their seasonal flu shot.

jet496

Reaction score
I suspect we'll have to show our Covid app, that has been embedded recently on everybody's phones, and when we enter a place we'll need to show it. It'll indicate whether we've gotten the vaccine, been around anybody that's tested positive & if we've ever tested positive. If you don't show it, you'll be denied entry. Cray cray stuff going on.

HotRod82

Reaction score
The somewhat scary part of all this is Fauci is now publicly saying the odds of an effective vaccine are pretty low.....so what does he know that he is not telling us OR is he just talking out his ass again? Do they already know it mutates so quickly the vaccine will not work? Early on, they said it appeared to have several different strains, now they are not talking about that anymore.
I definitely won't be the first in line but if it looks safe after 6 months or so I'll take it.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Until we have effective anti body testing, we don know how many more need to be immunized in order to read herd immunity levels of roughly 60%.

Hell, we may be getting close for all we know.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Until we have effective anti body testing, we don know how many more need to be immunized in order to read herd immunity levels of roughly 60%.

Hell, we may be getting close for all we know.

There’s truth in this.

We’ve got severa friends who tested positive for antibodies, and they haven’t been sick.

And for some of them, their spouses didn’t have the antibodies. Yet MSM says even asymptomatic people are highly contagious.

There’s a lot we know, a shitload we don’t, but the mortality rate is extremely low for folks without underlying conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
There’s truth in this.

We’ve got severa friends who tested positive for antibodies, and they haven’t been sick.

And for some of them, their spouses didn’t have the antibodies. Yet MSM says even asymptomatic people are highly contagious.

There’s a lot we know, a shitload we don’t, but the mortality rate is extremely low for folks without underlying conditions.

We also know from non locked down countries that kids under 14 dont transmit at any rate near adults, rather, students dont pass it to grandparents but actually GET it from positive teachers who got it from other adults. So schools, elementary and possibly middle schools should open NOW. The healthy kids also dont die from this. They account for 80-90 million of our population. Also if you are under 55 and healthy you wont die either. That's another 150 million. That leaves roughly 70 to 80 million that have a 1 to 2 % chan e of death IF they become infected. The 150,000 that have succumbed can be labeled as the weak that epidemiologists say are harvested by virus, and that could be why the death rate is so extraordinarily low.

That, and masks do nothing but help people REBREATH shit, virus included.

So, NYC injected lethal people into their vulnerable populations and kept people indoors so they could rebreath virus. And they lead the league in death. 50 %.

Yet we close the country, until the riots fire up, then we blame churches and bars for a second wave of cases, but not a second wave of death. We are in whitewater in any waves of covid.

The govt hates you. (Oh, if world govts hate Trump as much as lefties say they do, there is at least a possibility they are dragging this out so they dont get a "Trump" in their govt.)

fuck Democrats

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
The somewhat scary part of all this is Fauci is now publicly saying the odds of an effective vaccine are pretty low.....so what does he know that he is not telling us OR is he just talking out his ass again? Do they already know it mutates so quickly the vaccine will not work? Early on, they said it appeared to have several different strains, now they are not talking about that anymore.
I definitely won't be the first in line but if it looks safe after 6 months or so I'll take it.
Phuck that little weasel!!!!!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
He's finally speaking SOME truth. There has never been a truly successful vaccine for any strain in the Coronavirus family. There is a reason the seasonal flu shot can be so horribly ineffective most years. Vaccines have their place, but as a end all be all that the media is portraying them to be is disgustingly incorrect.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The common cold is a “common human coronavirus”. That’s how it’s referred to in the scientific medical community.

How’s the vaccine for the common cold coming along?

530RL

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a perfect vaccine and a combination of this fact, those who choose not to get vaccinated and the lack of discipline and/or enforcement will result in the virus freely roaming. Those most at risk will need to take their own defensive measures and the rest will just shake out. This was essentially the 1918 response and that pandemic lasted for over two years from February of 18 to April of 20.

We are not in charge, the virus and Darwin are. And they are both very efficient and very blind to whom they infect and the outcomes.

copterzach

Reaction score
I won’t be getting it. Never had a flu shot in my adult life either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk