WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1 Bad Toy factory Texas Hog Hunting Trip with Superior Fire arms.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Feral hogs are a very damaging pest for Texas farmers and ranchers. They ruin pastures, gardens and grazing land. Many big ranchers hire helicopter and ground hunters to kill them.

That private company goes first class, private jet, nice lodge, and a great helicopter (MD 600 N (NOTAR-no tail rudder) and lots of fixed place machine guns.

Wonder what that trip costs?

Reactions: TPC

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Deep in the 5 digits, maybe 6. Linked 762 NATO is about $600 per 800 rounds. Even if they can get it for $500 that's stil $625/1000. A m 194 can fire between 2-6k rounds a min.( electrically cycled so you can control the feed rate) I have no clue what the consumable cost on the gun is. At just 2k that's $1300 a min in just ammo.

BajaMike

Reaction score
That was one bad ass pig! He did not want to get shot. All I have to say is it's a good thing that pig wasn't armed.

I’ve seen other helicopter videos where there’s 5 or 10 in a pack and they are just mowed down with AR-15s.

Sandlord

Reaction score
I got to talk to them on Saturday during Desert Storm. It sounded like a blast then, now I got to see the video, thanks.

jonnyd

Reaction score
I watched a show one time that explained the trajectory of shooting from a moving helicopter. The show was about law enforcement officers and some of the shots they have taken. Even with great training it still must be partly spraying and praying.

nrbr

Reaction score
Pig was badass lol. Looked like he got away. Earned it if so

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Feral hogs are a very damaging pest for Texas farmers and ranchers. They ruin pastures, gardens and grazing land. Many big ranchers hire helicopter and ground hunters to kill them.

That private company goes first class, private jet, nice lodge, and a great helicopter (MD 600 N (NOTAR-no tail rudder) and lots of fixed place machine guns.

Wonder what that trip costs?
Not only pests and damaging to the terrain, they also carry diseases that transfer to farm raised hogs. They've caused numerous entire herds to be destroyed as the piglets are born with diseases that have been previously eliminated.

They carry swine brucellosis, psuedorabies, and tularemia mainly. And at least a dozen others.....Lots of folks like to eat hag meat, but it must be thoroughly cooked. I know several folks that have gotten seriously ill when dressing out fresh kills without protective gloves. Even a slight cut will allow infections from the hog blood. I prefer to just leave 'em for the buzzards.