WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1 Shot Vaccine !

Taboma

Reaction score
This is the one I'm interested in

Me too, but I'm not overly impressed with the 74 % effectiveness to date. I just keep watching, waiting, reading and letting my similar aged neighbors go first. 😁

4Waters

Reaction score
Me too, but I'm not overly impressed with the 74 % effectiveness to date. I just keep watching, waiting, reading and letting my similar aged neighbors go first. 😁
74% is fine with me, that's about the same as a flu shot and I get that every year and almost never get the flu. The last time I got the flu was in '09 during the last pandemic, swine flu.

MSum661

Reaction score
JNJ. may be FDA approved by Fri. !

But is it effective against the newest mutation B.1.429 and B.1.427?
The "California" variant.
Willing to bet that JNJ will need to update their 1 shot recipes....and like right now.

Taboma

Reaction score
74% is fine with me, that's about the same as a flu shot and I get that every year and almost never get the flu. The last time I got the flu was in '09 during the last pandemic, swine flu.

I passed on getting any flu shots until three years ago @ 70. I only finally conceded because I was convinced my wife was bringing me a new flu variant yearly, quite possibly trying to kill me. Well, nanner, nanner to her, I haven't had the flu since. 👍
It bothers me a little that they still aren't willing to commit an estimate of just how long it will remain effective.
I also thought it was really weird that a neighbor of mine and his wife, about my same age, both contracted COVID-19 from their grand daughter 6 or 7 weeks ago and have gotten their first Moderna vaccine already. Seems redundant and I thought you weren't supposed to if you'd had it recently.
Of course, I'm hearing this from another neighbor and like me, he's occasionally full-O-Shit. 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
But is it effective against the newest mutation B.1.429 and B.1.427?
The "California" variant.
Willing to bet that JNJ will need to update their 1 shot recipes....and like right now.

Depends who you voted for. ;)

Taboma

Reaction score
Definitely not who Foochi voted for. lol

And therein might lie the left vs right conspiracy.
If bet if we conducted a poll, far more liberals are voluntarily lining up and getting the vaccine than conservatives.
The only conservative voters I know getting vaccinated are older like myself.
The question being, what's the end game ? 🤔 :oops:

MSum661

Reaction score
If bet if we conducted a poll, far more liberals are voluntarily lining up and getting the vaccine than conservatives.

You gotta do what you feel is best for You!
Its really that simple

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

One shot, two shot, no shot for me!
But, I won't give anybody grief if they want to get vaccinated. Do what you gotta do.

And why does Fauci say even after you get vaccinated, you still gotta stay away from peeps, don't go out to eat, mingle in crowds, etc... Whats the point of the vaccine then??

Taboma

Reaction score
You gotta do what you feel is best for You!
Its really that simple

HA HA --- My track record would be a testament to my having not always done exactly that. 😂 No doctor is going to hold me up as an example for others, but fuck em, what do they know. 😂

Actually this time, I'm trying really hard to make a smart educated decision, for a change. 😁

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
No COVID vaccine for me. If was to get one it would be the Johnson and Johnson.

Taboma

Reaction score
One shot, two shot, no shot for me!
But, I won't give anybody grief if they want to get vaccinated. Do what you gotta do.

And why does Fauci say even after you get vaccinated, you still gotta stay away from peeps, don't go out to eat, mingle in crowds, etc... Whats the point of the vaccine then??

I haven't heard or read anything Fauci has stated since about last March -- with the exception of the daily news in the P&G sections of course>

But from what I've read, despite the intent of the vaccine at preventing COVID-19 (Yes, prevent, it's stated as such by both Pfizer and Moderna) --- it's still possible that you can be a carrier of COVID-19, without actually contracting or being infected from it. Person A conveys it to you, you re-convey it to person B --- you're just passing it on.

This is the current opinion, as more research is being conducted --- don't shoot me, I don't claim it's valid, but you did ask.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I haven't heard or read anything Fauci has stated since about last March -- with the exception of the daily news in the P&G sections of course>

But from what I've read, despite the intent of the vaccine at preventing COVID-19 (Yes, prevent, it's stated as such by both Pfizer and Moderna) --- it's still possible that you can be a carrier of COVID-19, without actually contracting or being infected from it. Person A conveys it to you, you re-convey it to person B --- you're just passing it on.

This is the current opinion, as more research is being conducted --- don't shoot me, I don't claim it's valid, but you did ask.

Bunch of peeps on FB having a raging argument over the vaccine.. I check in for a laugh now and then. Buddy who is anti vaccine posted a video of Fauci stating all what I said. I dont know the age of the vid, but I just saw it posted today.
I try to reserve my ammo for the source, not the messenger... you're safe.;)

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If I were to get the vaccination, it would be the J&J. No mRNA vaccine for me. The J&J vaccine is very close to their Ebola vaccine, which has been very effective and minimal side effects after long term studies. The other two... F No.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not quite as effective, but they're claiming good enough to keep you from dying if you get covid. As of now the only one I'll consider.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I could have, but didn’t get one of the current vaccines, holding out for the single dose but still gonna wait till others get it first.