WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1 week sale / 20 Schiada turned Project Schiada

rivergames

Reaction score
I am giving this a shot for 1 week. If it doesn't sell, then I am pulling the BBC540, selling that for $8500 and throwing my blower motor in the 20'.

1979 20' Schiada
Casale V-drive
T-400 Trans
2 Blade Prop
A SOLID BBC 540
Black N White Original Gel
Optima Battery

$18,000

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 4,084
  • 2010 09 12 193.JPG
    2010 09 12 193.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 4,077
  • boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,078
  • boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 4,103
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 4,070
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4,023
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3,984
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 3,920

rivergames

Reaction score
Boat is located in Gardena right now. It also has a dust cover.

If anyone wants to come by and take a look, give me a call. Andrew (310) 930-8416

Boat will be apart 1 week from tomorrow so if you want a nice 20' here she is

Last edited:

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
I'll give you what you have into it, since I'm the one that found it for you!

Sent from my iPhone

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Boat is located in Gardena right now. It also has a dust cover.

If anyone wants to come by and take a look, give me a call. Andrew (310) 930-8416

Boat will be apart 1 week from tomorrow so if you want a nice 20' here she is
Really ! Really ?:headscratch:

rivergames

Reaction score
Really ! Really ?:headscratch:

Looking for a 21' or 22' v-drive schiada (less motor) to drop my blower motor into.

The 20' is a great boat, but as a primary river boat it sits too low in the water on summer weekends

rivergames

Reaction score
Alright then, Fuck it. I'm gonna go take a few more jack shots and when I wake up sometime tomorrow, I'm heading straight to my shop, pulling the Fuckin motor and then she is off to the gel shop in 2 weeks for some love.
Hey RD, do me a favor and pull this summa bitch thread out of the classifides and throw her in the build section. Pics comin soon. Peace out Fuckersssss

Wonsley66

Reaction score
As an owner of a 20 footer, it will do anything a 21 or 22 will do only faster.:p Tying it up properly just shows you know better than the bigger boat owners anyways:D

KEEP IT!

Last edited:

420HOA

FIRM MEMBER
Reaction score
Alright then, Fuck it. I'm gonna go take a few more jack shots and when I wake up sometime tomorrow, I'm heading straight to my shop, pulling the Fuckin motor and then she is off to the gel shop in 2 weeks for some love.
Hey RD, do me a favor and pull this summa bitch thread out of the classifides and throw her in the build section. Pics comin soon. Peace out Fuckersssss

You need to change that to " Lifes to slow for a short boat ":D

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score

Geeeesh! About time!! :thumbsup

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Hey watch it! I guess you're right though. :D:D

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
What do you mean? As in "Depends Diapers"? :D

rivergames

Reaction score
Well, I got the motor out last night and then pulled the some more $hit out tonight. She was a fricken mess and I dont think the boat has been pulled apart in years.

Here is a current pic and tomorrow I will post the rest

Attachments

• schiada no motor.jpg
    schiada no motor.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,051

cakemoto

Reaction score
i love this boat...only if i had work:blah:

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Wow! You're really gonna do it! Bitchen! :thumbsup

rivergames

Reaction score
Here are some pics:

Schiada still In Tact
IMAG0114.jpg

This is a problem I am now facing. The blower pulley is going to hit the top of my rudder bearing. I need to figure out what I am going to do hear.
This is a shitty picture, you can barely see the rudder bearing in the pic.
IMAG0113.jpg

interior is out
IMAG0117.jpg

My buddy John and Adam came over to give me a hand. After a couple packs of beer we got that summa bitch out

IMAG0118.jpg

Drive shaft off, tranny slid up so we could pull the motor

IMAG0119.jpg

motors out

IMAG0121.jpg

trannys going out

IMAG0122.jpg

cluster fuck I have near the transom

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

rivergames

Reaction score
Ripping the guts out of her

IMAG0128.jpg

Shit Everywhere!

IMAG0129.jpg

Cleaned up a bit

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

Looks like the strut got ripped off before. Here is a shot of the Crappy patch job.
IMAG0133.jpg

rivergames

Reaction score
Wow! You're really gonna do it! Bitchen! :thumbsup

Tell me about it. As I was taking the motor out on saturday (hungover like none other) I thought to myself, WTF am I doing? :bash:

Then I went back last night and pulled the battery, steering, sea strainer, tranny and misc things.

How hard/much would it be to make this an external rudder boat?

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
I'm sure you have asked around about motor placement already. Whats the skinny on that? It wouldnt be that hard to move it forward. How much room do you need? It might work better farther forward. Ask the guys that know! Cant wait to see the blower motor in it! :thumbsup From what I've heard about external steering from guys that have had it I wouldnt want it.

vstdispatch

Reaction score
andrew i am glad you are not getting rid of the boat i cant wait to see it after you get done putting th blower motor in. call me up the next time you work on it and i will come down and help out and drink some cold ones.

rivergames

Reaction score
I'm sure you have asked around about motor placement already. Whats the skinny on that? It wouldnt be that hard to move it forward. How much room do you need? It might work better farther forward. Ask the guys that know! Cant wait to see the blower motor in it! :thumbsup From what I've heard about external steering from guys that have had it I wouldnt want it.

I am sure If I moved the motor forward, It would perform better.

If I move the motor forward, I need to do the following:

-move all the seats forward
-Move the oil cooler
-move the tranny cooler
-move all the motor and tranny mounts
-new driveshaft

My goal is to try and drop my rudder lower and possibly have the motor sit 1" higher on top of the stringers.

I am going to look into turning my motor around as well to see if she will fit. Then If I get board, all I have to do is take the back seat out to go gn racing :D

rivergames

Reaction score
andrew i am glad you are not getting rid of the boat i cant wait to see it after you get done putting th blower motor in. call me up the next time you work on it and i will come down and help out and drink some cold ones.

Will do. Probably gonna work on it this weekend, I will let ya know bud:thumbsup

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Looks like you got plenty of room to move the rear seat only a couple of inches. If you move your coolers all the same amount you can still use the same lines and fittings. Have the drive shaft cut down, no biggie. You would just have some holes to fill in the stringers but ya got all winter. Bobs RC has about 2" from the back of the front seat to the rear seat but he doesnt use the back seat much.......I know... shut up Mark I know what I'm doing! :D:D Carry on Andrew :thumbsup

rivergames

Reaction score
Looks like you got plenty of room to move the rear seat only a couple of inches. If you move your coolers all the same amount you can still use the same lines and fittings. Have the drive shaft cut down, no biggie. You would just have some holes to fill in the stringers but ya got all winter. Bobs RC has about 2" from the back of the front seat to the rear seat but he doesnt use the back seat much.......I know... shut up Mark I know what I'm doing! :D:D Carry on Andrew :thumbsup

Haha, I dont care how much room the back seat has since I'm not the one sitting in it... :skull

I would probably looking at filling 20+ holes on each stringer. I really just need to take a good look at the set up and go from there.

I want to flow coat the floors, but I am not in the mood to take all of the rigging and gas tanks out :thumbsdown

Marko

BIG member
Reaction score
Gotcha, I know how the smallest project can snowball into a monster.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Damn you took the motor out separate of the trans! It's a lot easier to take them out as one unit still connected :D ;) :thumbsup

And definitely a lot easier to put them in and get them aligned if you put them together outside of the boat.

I'm glad to see you are keeping the boat!

rivergames

Reaction score
Damn you took the motor out separate of the trans! It's a lot easier to take them out as one unit still connected :D ;) :thumbsup

And definitely a lot easier to put them in and get them aligned if you put them together outside of the boat.

I'm glad to see you are keeping the boat!

Yea, I figured that out after I pulled I pulled the motor :bash:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Out of curiousity what is the strut angle in that boat? and have you considered flipping it and straightening the bottom?

rivergames

Reaction score
Out of curiousity what is the strut angle in that boat? and have you considered flipping it and straightening the bottom?

Not sure on the strut angle. I am going to crawl under the boat with a straight edge and see if the bottom is in bad shape. I don't really have the $$$ to make this a full on build

nelson#109

layed in mexico
Reaction score
so how much love is it gonna get? that thing would be the shit with a little clean up and the big power. dont be a retard like me, take lots of pictures and share them:D it should be real fun. it was prob already pretty fun.

jstnoc

Reaction score

Didnt your dad build the boat?

rivergames

Reaction score
so how much love is it gonna get? that thing would be the shit with a little clean up and the big power. dont be a retard like me, take lots of pictures and share them:D it should be real fun. it was prob already pretty fun.

Well, So far I need to do the following

SELL MY 540 CI BBC to get fund this project

1) figure out the easiest way to install my blower motor with the steering

2) Fab new brackets for the alternator, 2 batterys, fuel pump, and 2 sea strainers

3) Take the boat to a gel shop to add some silver and red stripes

4) Lots of work to the trailer = new steel sidesteps, Polished SS fenders, New LED lights, Maybe a new hitch, New nose rest bracket

5) Get the boat back and re wire the entire boat and add a stereo with 2 6"x9" speakers

6) New Gears in the v-drive

7) drop the motor in

8) Plumb the new motor

9) have my cover adjusted to fit my blower motor

10) go out and whoop some ass :D

rivergames

Reaction score
Didnt your dad build the boat?

From what I remember, Racey's dad rigged and wired the boat years ago. But it has been in the hands of a few different people and the rigging has been tempered with

rivergames

Reaction score
Hey Racey, I got a question for ya on the rudder.

Is there a minimum spacing from the rudder stuffing box to the rudder support bracket.

I am am assuming that if the rudder support bracket is to close to the stuffing box, it will be to strenuous on the rudder shaft.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Hey Racey, I got a question for ya on the rudder.

Is there a minimum spacing from the rudder stuffing box to the rudder support bracket.

I am am assuming that if the rudder support bracket is to close to the stuffing box, it will be to strenuous on the rudder shaft.

Strain on the shaft remains the same no matter where you put that support, however strain on the support bearing itself increases the closer it gets to the stuffing box. Stringer height is fine

Also i recommend plumbing the motor most of the way while it is out of the boat ;)

Last edited:

rivergames

Reaction score
Strain on the shaft remains the same no matter where you put that support, however strain on the support bearing itself increases the closer it gets to the stuffing box. Stringer height is fine

See, thats my problem. The blower pulley is going to hit the rudder shaft...I will take some pics tonight.

If i have to move the motor forward, then there will be a good amount of holes in the stringer. Say I put the dowels in the stringers, will this cause problems in the future with the integrity of the stingers?

Last edited:

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
i would use some sawdust and resin mix it up real good then add catalist and mix some more then just pack it in the holes with putty knive and back it up with tape.

rivergames

Reaction score
i would use some sawdust and resin mix it up real good then add catalist and mix some more then just pack it in the holes with putty knive and back it up with tape.

Right on. I will give that a shot. I decided that I am going to get the floors done too.

This weekend I am going to mock up my blower motor and tranny. Then make a new bracket for the rudder, sea strainers, battery's, and alternator

One I figure out which holes I am not going to use any more, I can fill them in

Where you the one telling me about the fiberglass show in Havasu that does quality work at a decent price?

rivergames

Reaction score
So Yesterday I was able to spend a few hours ripping more parts out.

Tonight I am going to finish the job of gutting her. One she is gutted, I will fill the boat up with a few inches of water and degreaser to wash the oil and dirt left in the boat.

Today I am going to get some new L-metal for the stringer rails, piece of C-Channel for a new rudder support, And misc metal for other things I want to do to the boat

I am also going to make a transom support out of L-metal that will mount to the pillow blocks on the outside side of the transom.

The only tools I am going to use are a small band saw, hand router, drill press, and jig saw. NO fancy mill for me (though life would be much easier if I had one):rolleyes:

Once I get the rest of the rigging out, I am going to plug every hole in the stringer except for the v-drive holes.

Here are some update pics of boat

P1000183.jpg

P1000182.jpg

P1000181.jpg

P1000180.jpg