WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1 week sale / 20 Schiada turned Project Schiada

rivergames

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1430755411644.jpg

rivergames

Reaction score
Getting a new oil pan made to hold a little bit more oil. I should have the motor back by the end of the week.

I need to make a big list since I'm going to start taking all of the plumbing out tonight. New Hoses and Fittings are coming up

Years back when I re-rigged my 20'r, the polisher polished the inside of my v-drive mid plate. Well, Water got in, took all the oil and killed the bearings. Steveo had a new plate made, got it polished and then anodized to match. I installed her back in the boat yesterday.

Backlash

Reaction score
RG that looks really good!! ;)

I see we're both sporting the same OSHA approved footwear! Nice tan lines! :D

Thanks for posting the update pics it's looking beautiful!!

Henry

rivergames

Reaction score
RG that looks really good!! ;)

I see we're both sporting the same OSHA approved footwear! Nice tan lines! :D

Thanks for posting the update pics it's looking beautiful!!

Henry

Thanks bud! I typically just rock my rainbows when not at work! Gotta air the stumps out a bit

steveo143

Reaction score
I am thinking that the new white boat might need on of my 8* v-drives or even a one of a kind Don Bausher cut down 8* v-drive!!!!!!!!!!!

rivergames

Reaction score
I am thinking that the new white boat might need on of my 8* v-drives or even a one of a kind Don Bausher cut down 8* v-drive!!!!!!!!!!!

It would look/handle bitchen with one in there! We got quite a bit of work to know out prior to messing with that though

rivergames

Reaction score
Sorry guys, Been slammed and forgot to post what I'm doing

First off, the motor ran beyond tits. I fricking forgot how quick that M&D Performance motor is!!!

After I we ran it, I brought it back and pulled it apart.....AGAIN :(

1)Turns out, the lightning exhaust that was on her is NOT for that motor with that much power. So, I took the exhaust off and brought her over to IMCO. Here is a mock up of the new exhaust :skull

2) The stainless rudder that is on the boat was causing too much transom lift. Barber Received a call and is now building a new rudder (with a few secrets that I gained from some top secret dudes) :cool

3) The carbs weren't even kicking the secondaries in at 60mph. Bottom line, Cruising around the river only on the primaries sounds like a lean out waiting to happen. The carbs are getting some trick shit done to them by John at C&J. John also knocks out are crackerbox carbs and does a great job

Attachments

• IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 242

rivergames

Reaction score
Oh yea and with the new IMCO exhaust being added, the HP to the prop will also be increased :cool:bowdown::tbi

vdcruiser

Reaction score
What was wrong with the Lightning exhaust ? Can you tell us more about the secret rudder stuff. I need this information to make my 21' Howard run better.

rivergames

Reaction score
What was wrong with the Lightning exhaust ? Can you tell us more about the secret rudder stuff. I need this information to make my 21' Howard run better.
Well, first off, the water exited right over the top bend into the exhaust. The motor can backdraft the water back in. The new IMCOs exit at the tips.

As far as the rudder goes, first it was too long. Yes I could have chopped it a bit, but the shape was a tad different than the GN style rudders barber makes. Then chop from there

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Thanks, I run the Lightning headers and a GN style rudder that I got from Bergeron. Some people think the 2" inner primaries,(1 7/8" id) are too small for my blown 548. I can't tell if the rudder is causing any problems or not.

rivergames

Reaction score
Thanks, I run the Lightning headers and a GN style rudder that I got from Bergeron. Some people think the 2" inner primaries,(1 7/8" id) are too small for my blown 548. I can't tell if the rudder is causing any problems or not.

Were the headers built specifically for that engine? I took the lightings off my Merlin 540 and put them on my Blown 555. Almost doubled HP and not thinking the headers were the issue, Jan (with lightning) told me is was

As far as the rudder goes. My boat haul ass when on the gas, but as soon as I let off, it would transom lift and bow walk. Goal is to ditch the transom lift.

Adjusting the plates had little effect on the transom lift. That's a sign that either the rudder or prop is not the right setup for the boat

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Yes, Jan built the headers for this engine, but I didn't want to spring for the larger dia, primaries. Jan didn't think the smaller dia. primaries would cost me much power at my rpm level,(6300/6400 rpm). I don't seem to have the bow steering problem when I let off the gas. Thanks for the info. I'll be interested in hearing how your boat performs when you get it ironed out.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Were the headers built specifically for that engine? I took the lightings off my Merlin 540 and put them on my Blown 555. Almost doubled HP and not thinking the headers were the issue, Jan (with lightning) told me is was

As far as the rudder goes. My boat haul ass when on the gas, but as soon as I let off, it would transom lift and bow walk. Goal is to ditch the transom lift.

Adjusting the plates had little effect on the transom lift. That's a sign that either the rudder or prop is not the right setup for the boat

I had a test prop I borrowed for my boat when I first got it running. Did the same thing. Hauled ass till I let off the gas. If I didn't have both hands on the steering wheel the thing would get downright spooky. I'm close on my propeller now. Working with Augustine at Cutting Edge. We're getting real close.

rivergames

Reaction score
I had a test prop I borrowed for my boat when I first got it running. Did the same thing. Hauled ass till I let off the gas. If I didn't have both hands on the steering wheel the thing would get downright spooky. I'm close on my propeller now. Working with Augustine at Cutting Edge. We're getting real close.
That might be my issue...is Auggies prop....but I hope not

I'll know next week

rivergames

Reaction score
[video=youtube_https;ADQ0HpdZbD0]https://youtu.be/ADQ0HpdZbD0[/video]

rivergames

Reaction score
She ran great this weekend. Friday evening, I ran it own to Tony C's in Aha and tested her out. Holy Shit, what a difference with the new Barber Welding Rudder!!!!

Plugs looked a little lean so me and Tony fattened her up that night. Saturday I ran it around Parker all day

Sunday I made a good pass, but looked just a hair lean, so I will probably go up another few jets on the primaries. Barry (obnoxious) Helped on Sunday to try and track down a tiny oil leak. We think it was coming from the corner of the pan and knocked it out. I will 100% know by this weekend. Other than that, I need to bring the plates down another 1/4 turn and now start working on a better prop.

Nothing better than dialing the boat in performance wise rather than having to take her apart

I'm ready to go for schiada regatta! :thumbup:

rivergames

Reaction score
Man, went back to my old thread to save all the rigging pictures and saw a lot of old timers that helped out who are no with us anymore :(

This was a fun project and a bitchen boat! She now lives at a buddies house in bass lake!

Backlash

Reaction score
And the picture taken of you mid-flight in front of Badenoch's is one the coolest river pictures EVER!!

rivergames

Reaction score
I never did hear exactly how this thing ran, how about it ?
Ran great for many years. I only did a few GPS's run and clocked her at 108. Had lots of fun sawing off other boats in front of Fox's. Had lots of trim hopping on for rides. She did exactly what she needed to do!