WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1 Year Later

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

HotRod82

Reaction score

White House Begs OPEC To Increase Oil Production Again Amid 'Supply Issues', Soaring Energy Prices

teaser image
"The Biden administration has done all they can to hinder us..."

THU OCT 28, AT 6:35 AM

GDP Misses As US Economy Grows Only 2% In Q3, Weakest Growth Since Covid Struck

teaser image
The Q3 GDP number was bad, but not nearly as bad as it could have been: at 2.0%, it did indeed miss the 2.6% consensus but it could have been far worse.

THU OCT 28, AT 5:37 AM

Happy imbeciles?
Just think what this number would look like without the 7 Trillion or so the Biden administration has pumped into the economy and stimulus so far this year. Without massive deficit spending, we would be in a depression......100% in the red.

530RL

Reaction score
Exactly and there's only one left who was stupid enough to stick around!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

This thread was really meant for all the RINO's who's pussies still hurt from Trump's tweets. ๐Ÿ˜

Every business we are involved in is having the best year on record.

Record demand, sales, margin, profitability and every other measure, with no way to see how it slows down. Demand exceeds supply by the most in my professional career.

Labor has more leverage than they have ever had.

Just an awesome economic environment for profitability and economic success for both workers as well as businesses.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Record demand, sales, margin, profitability and every other measure, with no way to see how it slows down. Demand exceeds supply by the most in my professional career.

Just an awesome economic environment for profitability and economic success for both workers as well as businesses.
So you admit that you fully support the Libturd agenda. See how easy that was.

530RL

Reaction score

LOL

So you admit that government is the solution, as long as it is your government. See how easy that is.

As a conservative I understand government has little to do with success or failure.

It is only liberals who believe government makes America great.

I know government only fucks things up and my job as a conservatives is to 1) figure out how to succeed no matter who is in charge and 2) support and vote for those who want less government, not those who believe that Presidents and their government make America great.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

pepe nail to the head.png

Well done, well f'ing done!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

He's got the consumer by the balls with the engineered supply chain problems and the globalist couldn't be happier.

"mUh fReE mArKeT...............................after we sent all the manufacturing to the commie chicoms"-Chamber of Commerce gold puppet 345.1

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
LOL

So you admit that government is the solution, as long as it is your government. See how easy that is.

As a conservative I understand government has little to do with success or failure.

I know government only fucks things up and my job as a conservatives is to 1) figure out how to succeed no matter who is in charge and 2) support and vote for those who want less government, not those who believe that Presidents and their government make America great.
Wrong. I admit that you, your Ultra Conservative Buddies, and the Libturds you all support, have completely fucked up everything they have touched since the election. I also admit that they are literally supporting the same type of division and segregation that lead millions of Jews to their death under Nazi Rule. I also admit that you and your buddies are more than likely profiting greatly off of all of it. You should be proud. As to the rest of your bullshit, it was expected as your only game is a pretzel game and it's not impressive.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

S Korean sweat shop workers have leverage?

Wedgy

Reaction score
Well. Supply and demand. Home prices jump nearly 20% in one year. 2008 hollowed out skilled Labor, due to the Housing crash. Proximity to Mexico depressed wages. Recession caused flight out of the Trades. Glad your riding the wave, yeah, it's good to be King.

Pent up demand, low inventory, low interest rates are driving the housing market. but first time homebuyers are getting squeezed out in California. Gas prices going to exceed $5 bucks a gallon statewide. Already there in some Cali locations. I'd think the chart below, should show more growth. Well, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

It was bad enough, when things were, ah, good. Cali Gov Crazy just drove another nail into the market of California's SFH Homebuilders.

Insanity on Parade. Democrats. Stealing local control. Dictating zoning from Sacramento. Top down Dictatorship, going Nationwide.

530RL

Reaction score
Wrong. I admit that you, your Ultra Conservative Buddies, and the Libturds you all support, have completely fucked up everything they have touched since the election. I also admit that they are literally supporting the same type of division and segregation that lead millions of Jews to their death under Nazi Rule. I also admit that you and your buddies are more than likely profiting greatly off of all of it. You should be proud. As to the rest of your bullshit, it was expected as your only game is a pretzel game and it's not impressive.

UwKmGZIVnPAB_3905_700.jpg

Tom Slick

Reaction score

What business are you involved with that is having such success if I may ask?

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score

Best year on "record". I know of some businesses that say the same thing followed with on record sales are up but we can't get paid because we can't supply the product. The sales or demand is there but it's frozen because of lack of product. So on paper it looks great but once you look at the bank account not so much.

Margins, profitability, well I guess that depends on what industry you're in. For the most part companies have passed on almost all the extra expenses to the consumer and are pulling it off due to demand which in turn is part of the inflation process we are seeing.

Labor has more leverage because there is a shortage of it and a huge one at that and they know it. This can implode also in some industries as they will come to a point where they will automate to even higher levels. Companies are learning from this and are going to do whatever it takes not to be put in this position again if they can help it.

I don't see how any of this is an awesome environment especially long term. I guess as long as the demand is still there it can be pulled off but at some point it's going to implode.

4Waters

Reaction score

Demand exceeds supply because there is no supply, everything is sitting off shore on ships. You stoop to a new low every time I decide to look at one of your posts, you truly are lost.

530RL

Reaction score
What business are you involved with that is having such success if I may ask?
We are invested in about a dozen different industries.

Best year on "record". I know of some businesses that say the same thing followed with on record sales are up but we can't get paid because we can't supply the product. The sales or demand is there but it's frozen because of lack of product. So on paper it looks great but once you look at the bank account not so much.

Margins, profitability, well I guess that depends on what industry you're in. For the most part companies have passed on almost all the extra expenses to the consumer and are pulling it off due to demand which in turn is part of the inflation process we are seeing.

Labor has more leverage because there is a shortage of it and a huge one at that and they know it. This can implode also in some industries as they will come to a point where they will automate to even higher levels. Companies are learning from this and are going to do whatever it takes not to be put in this position again if they can help it.

I don't see how any of this is an awesome environment especially long term. I guess as long as the demand is still there it can be pulled off but at some point it's going to implode.
It always has had cycles and will continue to do so.

What you describe is an exact result of inappropriate government intervention into markets. Whether it be paying people 600 extra per week to sit at home and play with toys as opposed to taking an open job, or giving perfectly healthy companies millions in PPP money when Covid had little impact on their business, adding 25 to 350 percent taxes via tariffs on the supply chain, or a whole host of other multi trillion dollar give aways and government manipulation of markets under the last and current administrations.

I agree with your view that there is a shortage of everything. Whether it be goods or labor. But that shortage is not just because people are leaving the workforce, but because volumes are at aggregate run rates exceeding pre-covid levels and when combined with a change in mix of products pre to post covid, and supply disappearing due to taxes/tariffs, shortages naturally occur until capacity is built or converted.

All I know is that my job is to make hay when the sun is shining. And by any measure it is shining right now in a high supermajority of industries. Profit is margin times volume. And if the demand remains yet supplies remain tight or short, I may not get growth in volume, but I can get growth in margin. I have a bunch of friends in the retail automotive business. And they will tell you two things, 1) it is hard to get inventory, and 2) they are the most profitable they have ever been as gross per vehicle is at all time highs.

I have no idea what happens in the future. Do companies invest to build capacity, or do they take your view and sit on the capital afraid that demand will "implode"? Beats me, so we take our chances. But the one thing I know is that if you are not in the game, you have zero chance of success.

Lastly if you think it is really as bad as you lay out, and it may just be, short the market. Short the economy. Short America. There are literally thousands of ways to profit from your belief that it is going to "implode". It's one thing to have an opinion from the stands, it's another to get in the game and push your chips onto the table.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

what do you attribute is the reason for all this success?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Guess Iโ€™m in the wrong business. Last year was my biggest in 24 years of doing business. This year is a whole different story. Shipping costs are through the roof, material costs are insane, material shortages are everywhere, lead times on most things have doubled, if not tripled, shall I go on. Oh, and business has slowed way down over the past few months. Thatโ€™s my reality under this administration.

Wedgy

Reaction score

What you describe is an exact result of inappropriate government intervention into markets. Whether it be paying people 600 extra per week to sit at home and play with toys as opposed to taking an open job, or giving perfectly healthy companies millions in PPP money when Covid had little impact on their business, adding 25 to 350 percent taxes via tariffs on the supply chain, or a whole host of other multi trillion dollar give aways and government manipulation of markets under the last and current administrations.

I agree with your view that there is a shortage of everything. Whether it be goods or labor. But that shortage is not just because people are leaving the workforce, but because volumes are at aggregate run rates exceeding pre-covid levels and when combined with a change in mix of products pre to post covid, and supply disappearing due to taxes/tariffs, shortages naturally occur until capacity is built or converted.

All I know is that my job is to make hay when the sun is shining. And by any measure it is shining right now in a high supermajority of industries. Profit is margin times volume. And if the demand remains yet supplies remain tight or short, I may not get growth in volume, but I can get growth in margin. I have a bunch of friends in the retail automotive business. And they will tell you two things, 1) it is hard to get inventory, and 2) they are the most profitable they have ever been as gross per vehicle is at all time highs.

I have no idea what happens in the future. Do companies invest to build capacity, or do they take your view and sit on the capital afraid that demand will "implode"? Beats me, so we take our chances. But the one thing I know is that if you are not in the game, you have zero chance of success.

Lastly if you think it is really as bad as you lay out, and it may just be, short the market. Short the economy. Short America. There are literally thousands of ways to profit from your belief that it is going to "implode". It's one thing to have an opinion from the stands, it's another to get in the game and push your chips onto the table.
Well written, valid points. Meanwhile.
Troops on the ground Contracting are lucky to turn dollars sometimes. The Tile shortage in 2000 greatly impacted our SD Co. high end installations causing delays and additional cost before completion. That was insignificant to current events. Small Biz is under relentless attack.
Guess Iโ€™m in the wrong business. Last year was my biggest in 24 years of doing business. This year is a whole different story. Shipping costs are through the roof, material costs are insane, material shortages are everywhere, lead times on most things have doubled, if not tripled, shall I go on. Oh, and business has slowed way down over the past few months. Thatโ€™s my reality under this administration.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Awww that is cute. From your position profiting off of all of it, I'm sure "It's not that serious, dude...". Thank you for proving my point.
Itโ€™s all fine and dandy until the uncleansed masses are at his front door wanting what he has. Hopefully heโ€™s got a team of psychologists on speed dial.๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: t&y

530RL

Reaction score
Demand exceeds supply because there is no supply, everything is sitting off shore on ships. You stoop to a new low every time I decide to look at one of your posts, you truly are lost.

There is a ton of supply.

Aggregate total supply right now exceeds total supply prior to Covid. That is just a measurable objective fact.

Problem remains, demand now far exceeds pre-covid demand and parts of the supply chains ability to handle the higher amount.

Foreign factories are meeting that volume demand faster than domestic logistics can move that volume. As a result, the increased supply is stacking up on boats until the port logistics can get them moved.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score

To your first paragraph in regards to government intervention, I agree to a point and understand what you are saying but what previous administration did at this time has very little impact at this point and current administration has the impact. You keep complaining about trump's spending but Biden is making trump look like he was pinching pennies with "build back better" budget. Just today here is another one of his great ideas, "The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensation".

Shortages are due to demand, demand will increase more and more because it's not being full filled. Manufacturing still hasn't caught up in certain industries and in others has but then falls back to getting the product to the consumer. We also haven't seen the full effects of this manufacturing crisis will all these companies forcing employee's being vaccinated. I am guessing after the holidays we will know better the direction of this.

Of course people and companies make adjustments any way they can to maintain a profit. You brought up the auto industry which is a good example, they are making more profit per unit because they are not only selling them at sticker most are marking them up thousands of dollars due to shortages. So the dealer is doing ok but I know lot's of sales reps that are not doing good and are worried because of limited units the dealer has. So a dealer that had 30 reps only needs 10 lets say, that's who suffers.

Every industry is different so to question do they invest to build capacity or sit on capital? Well again depends on the industry, example aftermarket car parts, when the economy crashed back in 08 lot's of companies got stuck sitting on thousands of dollars of inventory they couldn't give away. After that passed and economy started moving the ones that survived got smart and said they weren't going to sit on huge inventory and basically order as needed to meet demand. This resulted in wait times which people were initially pissed about but eventually people adjusted when pretty much everyone in that said industry did the same thing, it was the "new norm".

I am not in the stands I am in the game the key is WHEN to push your chips onto the table.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

White House Begs OPEC To Increase Oil Production Again Amid 'Supply Issues', Soaring Energy Prices

teaser image
"The Biden administration has done all they can to hinder us..."

THU OCT 28, AT 6:35 AM

GDP Misses As US Economy Grows Only 2% In Q3, Weakest Growth Since Covid Struck

teaser image
The Q3 GDP number was bad, but not nearly as bad as it could have been: at 2.0%, it did indeed miss the 2.6% consensus but it could have been far worse.

THU OCT 28, AT 5:37 AM

Happy imbeciles?

Hell even if open does increase production the ships will just sit off the coast of long beach

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

1045828B-FA5F-4C91-8FD6-BF9073A1015F.gif

530RL

Reaction score
And there stands "Up Chuck" Todd who did massive amounts of the "heavy media lifting" that helped put us in this situation......and NOW, he acts surprised? ๐Ÿ–•:cool: ๐Ÿ–•

Next thing you know, one side or the other will claim the media is biased and is undermining an elected President.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Just like the last four years. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

No,..... just the past 1 year....and "they" have been licking Biden's ass and promoting their "Globalist" propaganda ever since...... and the butt hurts continue their belly aching and blaming Trump for moving their cheese. ๐Ÿ˜‚
....... as for the prior 3 years.....you could not be more correct. ;)

530RL

Reaction score
No,..... just the past 1 year....and "they" have been licking Biden's ass and promoting their "Globalist" propaganda ever since...... and the butt hurts continue their belly aching and blaming Trump for moving their cheese. ๐Ÿ˜‚

LOL,

Well letโ€™s hope that the next three years goes real fast for you..โ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
LOL,

Well letโ€™s hope that the next three years goes real fast for you..โ€ฆ. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes, "let's hope"....... because in the past 1 year Biden has damaged the overall "well being" of our Nation more so than any POTUS thus far..........so yes...."let's hope" for the good of all of us. ;)
FWIW, I too had a "record year" last year... but IMO, financial gains is a selfish and one sided barometer to measure the many aspects associated with the actual State of our Union. :cool:

530RL

Reaction score
Yes, "let's hope"....... because in the past 1 year Biden has damaged the overall "well being" of our Nation more so than any POTUS thus far..........so yes...."let's hope" for the good of all of us. ;)
FWIW, I too had a "record year" last year... but IMO, financial gains is a selfish and one sided barometer to measure the many aspects associated with the actual State of our Union. ;)
On the bright side, the last guy tried to forever extinguish our Republic by tearing up the Constitution, ignoring the rule of law and installing himself as an unelected dictator. Fortunately the Vice President and a majority of our elected officials loved our Country greater than their own power.

So as bad as you may perceive it to be, it certainly would have been much worse had he succeeded. And for that we should all be grateful.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
On the bright side, the last guy tried to forever extinguish our Republic by tearing up the Constitution, ignoring the rule of law and installing himself as an unelected dictator. Fortunately the Vice President and a majority of our elected officials loved our Country greater than their own power.

So as bad as you may perceive it to be, it certainly would have been much worse had he succeeded. And for that we should all be grateful.
God damn.
Mind gone.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
LOL

Your mental masturbation has reached a new low. Even by your standards, thatโ€™s saying a lot. Which you always seem to do.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
And there stands "Up Chuck" Todd who did massive amounts of the "heavy media lifting" that helped put us in this situation......and NOW, he acts surprised? ๐Ÿ–•:cool: ๐Ÿ–•
Besides being an idiot, someone should punch him just for that haircut.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
On the bright side, the last guy tried to forever extinguish our Republic by tearing up the Constitution, ignoring the rule of law and installing himself as an unelected dictator.
Really? Give some specific examples.

4Waters

Reaction score

Trump was the last guy dipshit not Obama

500bbc

Reaction score
His TDS has so deeply infected his psyche he thinks the media has been treating Jao the same way they treated President Trump.