WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

10 hrs for ten minutes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
After months of dealing with physical therapy... good days / bad days.. Tryong to find some balance how much is too much versus not getting anything done it’s time to have a follow up appointment with my surgeon.

Went and got X-rays on Thursday.. X-ray tech looks at the screen and says “that’s a bad break!” I said should be healing right? She looks back and sad “Wrll I’m not a doctor.. but??” Oh boy...

So I’m on a turn around trip.. I didn’t slee for shit last night because of the rain and the hardware in my foot.. (that’s awesome) so I am not sure if I will make it back tonight or not. However being the forever optimist I did not bring a change of clothes or a toothbrush LOL.

interesting note.. if you stream Easy Rider.. opening scene is the 40 and this natural gas pipeline!
4DF360ED-FC53-4CF2-8B0E-2DCA1B7B3F47.jpeg
20D0C66D-7441-454A-B1FC-05670331EFFF.jpeg

Today would be a good day for boating
4E041101-CCD5-4BF5-A58F-A111B4214A08.jpeg

for the life of me I can’t understand what they are looking for at this checkpoint. Every time I come to it they just say have a nice day. ???
C6F06B95-EFC1-4DD2-939B-6B48F722879D.jpeg

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Sucks buddy, Have a safe trip. I hope you end up getting good news.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sucks buddy, Have a safe trip. I hope you end up getting good news.

I think it will be OK. Having talk to some people that have gone through this they say the recovery time is measured in years not months. It’s hard to be patient and not want to walk and get things done though.. So I think I keep overdoing it and then pay for it for a couple of days

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The checkpoint is for produce...Cali doesn't care about illegal immigrants, but will light you up for bags of "undocumented oranges".

...and wasn't the gasline bridge the original Rt66 bridge?

Good luck with the foot. Listen to the doctor. Don't worry about the X-ray tech. What they see and how they interpret it may be different, as they only know what they have seen. In Havasu, probably more broken hips and wrists than anything.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Did you know the arched bridge is the original Route66 bridge?
Hope your foot is healing and improving.

Sangerdog

Reaction score
The first pipeline you see in the picture is the company I work for. the arch bridge use to be the hiway. It now has PG&E GAS PIPE ON IT.

Xring01

Reaction score
Dude, I have had 7 Ankle surgerys and a couple of foot surgerys..

None as bad as your accident. Today, Surgeons look at my ankles and just laugh... we can't fix that mess...

If I could go back in time, and do it over....

I would truly pay attention to the physical therapy, and heal correctly. In my youth, I injured my self, got surgery, slapped the football pads right back on, and re injured my self, before I even healed...

Dont be a dumb ass like me... Healing correctly takes time, effort, pain... Do it right and you have a good chance of having a normal life..

Do it wrong, well you end up like me...

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Hope the Doc has good news on the healing process.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
interesting note.. if you stream Easy Rider.. opening scene is the 40 and this natural gas pipeline!

And no stutter bumps from side x sides on the power line road that they were driving on. :D

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dude, I have had 7 Ankle surgerys and a couple of foot surgerys..

None as bad as your accident. Today, Surgeons look at my ankles and just laugh... we can't fix that mess...

If I could go back and time, and do it over....

I would truly pay attention to the physical therapy, and heal correctly. In my youth, I injured my self, got surgury, slapped the football pads right back on, and re injured my self, before I even healed...

Dont be a dumb ass like me... Healing correctly takes time, effort, pain... Do it right and you have a good chance of having a normal life..

Do it wrong, well you end up like me...
RD has a distinct advantage...let's just hope he uses it. In your case, youth and the inborn invincability we all had pushed you. In my case, it was that, and trying to make a living. RD, I hope, can still make some coin and not be on a football field or a jobsite. So, it's on him to do what the doctors tell him.
I'll look like the "Hunchback of Notre Dam" when I'm 50...but it was worth it at the time;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
And no stutter bumps from side x sides on the power line road that they were driving on. :D

mine runs pretty smooth through all that.. lol. Come up to Havasu and we will go out and run it!

riverroyal

Reaction score
If it’s not a turn around trip let me know. Grab a beer later.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD has a distinct advantage...let's just hope he uses it. In your case, youth and the inborn invincability we all had pushed you. In my case, it was that, and trying to make a living. RD, I hope, can still make some coin and not be on a football field or a jobsite. So, it's on him to do what the doctors tell him.
I'll look like the "Hunchback of Notre Dam" when I'm 50...but it was worth it at the time;)

I tell my wife all the time thank God I’m not a contractor like a plumber or an electrician that Hass to go up a ladder every day. If I was we would’ve had to sell our house over this deal. It’s been a long six months and that’s not to say we haven’t taken our hits, but other than the foot we are going to come out of this fairly unscathed and possibly better than before. Having six months to sit on your ass and think about all the things you want to do with your business and all the things you should have been doing previously has been fairly eye-opening.I’m not sure how much attention you pay to the actual commercial content on the front page and in other areas but you’re going to see a lot of things changing as we move forward. My old Mindset was to do everything myself to not have to spend so much money developing the content. That said the content was always good but rather inconsistent, now I am starting to solve a lot of things out and prepare for 2020 because I believe that consistency is probably more important than trying to win a Pulitzer on each article.

Sorry for any misspellings doing the voice to text while driving

Singleton

Reaction score
Ouch!

Still had a quarter tank left too!! Welcome to California.. hopefully they fix a pothole with the money.. oh that’s right they stole the money already.

View attachment 823834

You picked the wrong place to stop.
Just filled all the vehicles in the house in Carlsbad and easily paid $1 less a gallon

HCP3

Reaction score
Ouch!

Still had a quarter tank left too!! Welcome to California.. hopefully they fix a pothole with the money.. oh that’s right they stole the money already.

View attachment 823834

California is high, but not that high. That station is quite a bit above average. Barstow has $3.45/gal right now for reference.

HCP3

Reaction score
It was the shell in Barstow.. lol. Currently at the Tommy burger because I like to gamble with my freeway adventures..

Interesting. Gasbuddy.com is usually pretty accurate. It is showing ~$3.50 at most spots in Barstow. Oh well.

hallett21

Reaction score
Needles gas station? You run 91 in that truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spudsbud

Reaction score
David put down that damn phone and drive the car.

HowardRC

Reaction score
Hang in there RD. I broke my leg right around the same time that you did. It was not nearly as bad as your break, but when I went to the doctor for a follow up visit three weeks ago the x-ray still clearly showed the break. He asked how I was feeling, and I told him that everything is mostly back to normal. He said, "Well that is why we treat patients and not x-rays." I only need to go back if things stop progressing. It is a long healing process.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Tommy’s sucks btw.. took one bite and threw it away.

Blaspheme!!!! What exactly did you order that wasnt up to snuff? Tommys is one of the few things I miss about CA, LA specifically

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Blaspheme!!!! What exactly did you order that wasnt up to snuff? Tommys is one of the few things I miss about CA, LA specifically

The one in Barstow wasn’t very good this morning. The reason I stop there as I remember it being awesome. I literally took one bite and threw the cheese burger and the fries in the trash

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The one in Barstow wasn’t very good this morning. The reason I stop there as I remember it being awesome. I literally took one bite and threw the cheese burger and the fries in the trash

About half of the restaurants there are consistently worse than "normal". The Dickey's and Tommy's in Barstow are both subpar.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
About half of the restaurants there are consistently worse than "normal". The Dickey's and Tommy's in Barstow are both subpar.
...but the DelTaco kicked ass! Well, at least it use to, when the old man was still hanging around. He came out with cones for my three kids. He had also seen my Mom, wearing a bandana, chemo beat up. He had one for her too. He had noticed she wasn't touching her food, and thought she might like it.

That was more than 8 years ago...remember finding out from the manager person that he was "The Old Man"...

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Add the Burger King to the list. For some reason, my wife likes Burger King. A few months ago, it was her turn to pick - ugh.

She also likes Arby's. The one in Barstow is straight out of 1985. Decent food though.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I tell my wife all the time thank God I’m not a contractor like a plumber or an electrician that Hass to go up a ladder every day. If I was we would’ve had to sell our house over this deal. It’s been a long six months and that’s not to say we haven’t taken our hits, but other than the foot we are going to come out of this fairly unscathed and possibly better than before. Having six months to sit on your ass and think about all the things you want to do with your business and all the things you should have been doing previously has been fairly eye-opening.I’m not sure how much attention you pay to the actual commercial content on the front page and in other areas but you’re going to see a lot of things changing as we move forward. My old Mindset was to do everything myself to not have to spend so much money developing the content. That said the content was always good but rather inconsistent, now I am starting to solve a lot of things out and prepare for 2020 because I believe that consistency is probably more important than trying to win a Pulitzer on each article.

Sorry for any misspellings doing the voice to text while driving
It is the same concept, though different tasks. When I was trying to get back on the ball, the hardest part was figuring out how I was going to work. It took me some time, but I realized something. The job needs to get done. It's not about who does it. It's not about doing everything yourself, but more about knowing who can best get it done. If you can still "play pimp", you can get the more work handled, have more time and still get paid.

Physically speaking though...there is nothing you can't do. There are things you shouldn't do. Finding the balance between what you shouldn't do, and what needs to be done...that is up to the individual.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
At Lenwood Del Taco & Panera always good.Always load a cooler w/Panera take out.So far Panera a no show LHC.Sorry to hear the Founder/Owner Del Taco not on site as once was,especially Friday nights.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
...but the DelTaco kicked ass! Well, at least it use to, when the old man was still hanging around. He came out with cones for my three kids. He had also seen my Mom, wearing a bandana, chemo beat up. He had one for her too. He had noticed she wasn't touching her food, and thought she might like it.

That was more than 8 years ago...remember finding out from the manager person that he was "The Old Man"...

The old man is still here, we talked to him last summer.

Dell Taco is better than average there. In N Out is about average.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The old man is still here, we talked to him last summer.

Dell Taco is better than average there. In N Out is about average.
That's good. I haven't been in there since I moved to Az. Not on the way home anymore.

As for InNOut, in the late 90's that store's manager was one of the highest paid employees. With base and bonuses, they were rolling real good. Way back, that was the top earner, then the one on Barranca...but that was years ago.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
After months of dealing with physical therapy... good days / bad days.. Tryong to find some balance how much is too much versus not getting anything done it’s time to have a follow up appointment with my surgeon.

Went and got X-rays on Thursday.. X-ray tech looks at the screen and says “that’s a bad break!” I said should be healing right? She looks back and sad “Wrll I’m not a doctor.. but??” Oh boy...

So I’m on a turn around trip.. I didn’t slee for shit last night because of the rain and the hardware in my foot.. (that’s awesome) so I am not sure if I will make it back tonight or not. However being the forever optimist I did not bring a change of clothes or a toothbrush LOL.

View attachment 823810 View attachment 823811

Today would be a good day for boating
View attachment 823812

for the life of me I can’t understand what they are looking for at this checkpoint. Every time I come to it they just say have a nice day. ???
View attachment 823813
that gas pipe bridge was originally route 66 crossing
50E025BB-48AE-449C-9359-460FD86CB769.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Two weeks ago had to drive 2 hours for 3 seconds. One of my employees locked her keys inside the job in Havasu. :mad: All that way to turn a lock.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I think it will be OK. Having talk to some people that have gone through this they say the recovery time is measured in years not months. It’s hard to be patient and not want to walk and get things done though.. So I think I keep overdoing it and then pay for it for a couple of days
...I feel your angst...my neck dealio has been on the improve for years not months...