WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

10 Most Expensive Prescription Drugs

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
A doctor told me Insulin could be mfg distributed and sold for the price pf.most deductibles and still be profitable.

mobldj

Reaction score
my heart drug called tykosin is 556.00 a month

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
Being a kidney transplant patient my drugs are 3.5k a month before insurance. I have 2500 deductible and 6k max out of pocket which I reach by Feb. every year. Once I had a UTI and needed antibiotics. I get to the pharmacy and they tell me insurance hadn't approved it yet. Thinking how much could it be, I say I'll just take it now and if they don't cover it just bill me. I get home, look at the bottle and cost was 4.5k for 5 pills.[emoji51] thank god insurance ended up covering it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this.
On the one hand, markets should drive pricing, and companies should be able to make a good ROI on their investments.

On the other hand, some of these prices are due to monopoly and are criminal.

Androgel costs my insurance company over $400/month for me.
I was on the hook for $90 of it until I checked the MFR's website, and found that they'll reimburse me up to $100 max per month.
So if you have expensive, recurring meds, I'd encourage you to check the MFR website to see if they offer something similar.

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
I take Humira, 4 injection pens a month, retail price is right around $1000 each. Not sure what my ins. Pays.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Mine is Invocana 485 a month and blue cross pays 0 fuck them

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Algodones.... have a friend who goes there.... eye glasses, booze, pharmacy, Dentists, etc. Been there with her a couple times... border safe. She saves a ton OF $$$ on her scrips...

Not a bad ride from Havasu, just down the road from Yuma.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Meds and docs are $$$$$$$$ way more then tgey should be. Obummer care is only making it worse.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
For anyone that didn't open the link, Sovaldi(hep c) is $80,000/mo.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I don't even want to know what my type 1 diabetic meds would cost a month without great insurance. My co pays are still close to $200 a month and I know that is just a fraction of what there billing insurance.

no generic insulin.....

rrrr

Reaction score
The copay on the Fentanyl I get every month is $175. The retail is $980. :eek

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The Thiola to keep me from getting kidney stones is $7149.63 per month. Thankfully the company that provides it takes whatever the insurance pays.

The sad part is I cannot get this medication from anywhere but the company. Not available at the local pharmacy.

fmo24

Reaction score
Being a kidney transplant patient my drugs are 3.5k a month before insurance. I have 2500 deductible and 6k max out of pocket which I reach by Feb. every year. Once I had a UTI and needed antibiotics. I get to the pharmacy and they tell me insurance hadn't approved it yet. Thinking how much could it be, I say I'll just take it now and if they don't cover it just bill me. I get home, look at the bottle and cost was 4.5k for 5 pills.[emoji51] thank god insurance ended up covering it.
My mom also had a transplant. She is a vet and gets her meds thru the VA

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Algodones.... have a friend who goes there.... eye glasses, booze, pharmacy, Dentists, etc. Been there with her a couple times... border safe. She saves a ton OF $$$ on her scrips...

Clinics in Mexico are indeed cheap.
The biggest problem is questionable pharmaceuticals - fake meds are rampant in much of the world.

I wouldn't buy critical meds down there, wouldn't trust my life to them.

A quick google search of "fake drugs Mexico" shows how widespread the problem is.

jimmy4RZ

Reaction score
Do you think government should allow selling magic mushrooms without any prescriptions in any state of US? Talking about that, how many of really good websites do you know, which can offer you magic mushrooms? I know at least one, where I buy mushroom spores without any problems, as well as getting all the needed information about those mushrooms.

Last edited:

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I have to take Creon for my pancreas. About 10 pills a day, depending on what I eat. 3 month supply that my insurance pays is $6500.00 ish. My co-pay is $ 165.00, but Creon as a coupon that is called a co-pay helper. My total cost for 3 months is $5.00.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Ozempic $1800 a month, that’s 4 injections, 1 every 7 days.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I did a remodel on a pharmacy ( RTUs and some fans ) Shiprock,Nm anyway I became friends with the pharmacist we both lived on hospital site , on different days we would tent off areas of the pharmacy we walk around I would tell him what was going to happen that day , he would show me different pills , one pill was 2500$ He said they got it for free . All the good stuff was in the vault .

caribbean20

Reaction score
Docs are overpaid?? I heartily disagree. 4 years undergrad + 4 years of med school + 2 years residency = 10 years before they even start to earn spit. That and they are some of the smartest people out there to even get into med school. Overpaid?? Not hardly.

As for high drug prices, everyone has a choice, nobody holding a gun to our heads making us take them. My wife takes Humira as others have mentioned. It’s a miracle drug for her debilitating RA and worth the $24k/year as far as I’m concerned.

blue wonder

Reaction score

Don’t forget about hookers and tacos down there, that’s the real gem

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There was a med for my mom that was to help with the side effects from her chemo. 3 pills to take the three days before treatment. 595$, just shy of 200$ per pill. Her insurance wouldn't cover them because they weren't part of the treatment.
I understand making a profit, but at times I see no difference between the pharmaceutical industry and the cartels.

...and yes, Mom had those pills. The difference kept her able to eat some, and kept the neuropathy at a more tolerable level. 1200$ a month to keep some quality of life...money well spent.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
My meds run a little over $1K a month without my insurance. I get reminded of this every year when my insurance deductible resets.

Whenever I go to Mexico I usually stock up on my asthma meds. The inhalers run a little over $500 a piece here in the states, I can buy them over the counter in Mexico for $50. Pharma in the states is a complete racket, we subsidize healthcare for the rest of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
My wife's MS drug is 15k per infusion (every 6 months). We don't even know whether it is actually helping or not.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Humira injection twice monthly.
$2200 a shot (epipen set up)

InsCo pay is $75 a shot, manufacturer discounted to $5 a month copay.

So $5 a month for what is $4400 retail.