WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

100 MPH Boat cost

instagator

Reaction score
Mod VP with a wacker and a 2.5 260-310 or stroker 3.2 300 😁👍
Glad you brought that up, Mine is for sale in the RD.s Classifieds, Runs well over 100 MPH at $ 29,000 , Runs on 92 octane and gets 4 miles per gallon !
IMG_1083.jpg

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We ran well over a 100 all day long. Also had full tank, dual batteries,coolers and two people. Hit 90s with four people. Cruise all day long for two day on a single tank and handled rough water. Biggest 21 foot go fast boat around. There is one with a single that ran 114 on GPS.

I think I paid 70k new with front sponson cap, carbon/glass layup, carbon interior, and every option I could put on it etc. I think I sold it for around 55 or 60k if I remember correctly. They are floating around for the 20 to 45k mark. Power is a 300XS with lab Merc prop. Jack plate ran way up!!!!!!

I ran about 105 on two different GPS units with just me here at Lake Mead which isn't close to sea level. Turn that VOLUME UP!!! Video states almost 100, but that run was over 104.5.

31562.jpeg

Last edited:

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Your missing the point. It’s a no name company that won’t be in business in 5 years
I guess . I don’t know anything about them. Think the molds have bounced around 4 or 5 times since Jay owned spectre. At least someone is building boats out them as opposed to just wasting away.

attitude

Reaction score
Not the cheapest option but I would love a 20.4 Stoker with a 260 and a 15inch mid😍

instagator

Reaction score
We ran well over a 100 all day long. Also had full tank, dual batteries,coolers and two people. Hit 90s with four people. Cruise all day long for two day on a single tank and handled rough water. Biggest 21 foot go fast boat around. There is one with a single that ran 114 on GPS.

I think I paid 70k new with front sponson cap, carbon/glass layup, carbon interior, and every option I could put on it etc. I think I sold it for around 55 or 60k if I remember correctly. They are floating around for the 20 to 45k mark. Power is a 300XS with lab Merc prop. Jack plate ran way up!!!!!!

I ran about 105 on two different GPS units with just me here at Lake Mead which isn't close to sea level. Turn that VOLUME UP!!! Video states almost 100, but that run was over 104.5.

View attachment 975422
Very nice !

nowski

Reaction score
With all the wake-board boats on the water these days who in their right mind would want to go 100 mph on the water??? Not this old guy...

If speed kills I'll live forever...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

View attachment 975422
Number don't sound too far off. I was looking REALLY hard at one about the time you bought yours. The owner of Trick, whatever his name was, quoted me $50k OTD with a couple options.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

stoker2001

Reaction score
Number don't sound too far off. I was looking REALLY hard at one about the time you bought yours. The owner of Trick, whatever his name was, quoted me $50k OTD with a couple options.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
if you LOVE the turning capabilities of a Lavey,you will HATE the Trick!!try turning that trick like the Lavey and you will be on your head
💩

lbhsbz

Reaction score
if you LOVE the turning capabilities of a Lavey,you will HATE the Trick!!try turning that trick like the Lavey and you will be on your head
💩

My 18'10" Lavey isn't the fastest tunnel out there, but jesus balls does it stick in the turns. The first time I put it into a corner I ripped the drivers seat out of the floor and ended up on the other side of the boat on my ass.

77charger

Reaction score
Smaller tunnel hull like a stoker or daytona stv etc with an outboard.Bigger boat is gonna cost more no doubt then to maintain the drive.A mechanicaly inclined person can do it for alot less but still need to buy parts.

Or you can go on craigslist and choose from one of many jetboats and go 100 for the absolute cheapest price.LOL

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Safest small boat to get in and go 100mph is a STV. Most need about 225hp to go 100mph. More HP = more speed. My boat has a 2.5/260 and runs 112. Last one like mine I saw sell went for $16k.

My brother has a lighter River Rocket with a 2.5/280 that runs 128 or so...been 131 with the "drag mota".

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I sold an STV last year that did 117 for $17k. I seen them pretty regularly for $25k. Extremely nice ones are $30-40k.

I’m sure I could find you a flat bottom that will do 100 for about $20k. It’s a different sensation though and things can go bad fast.

I see 24/25 cats that do 100mph pretty regularly for about $50k. However, once that engine blows plan on 30k to repair and 15k to repair the outdrive.

So to make it simple, we can get you 100mph for 20k pretty easy once or twice, but it gonna cost you that a year to keep doing it. Speeds up expensive.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My purple eliminator 18’ flatty did 95 with a single carb solid lifter 427. On 87 octane.
I bought it from Rick King for $5500 as I recall.
In 3 years I changed the oil once, adjusted the valves once just out of guilt, and think I put a coil it or replaced the dual points, can’t remember for sure.
It didn’t even have a down pedal, just the handle.
To my knowledge it’s still running today as is.
I sold it for $6000.
This is with a video camera in one hand and a cigarette in the other hand.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
My purple eliminator 18’ flatty did 95 with a single carb solid lifter 427. On 87 octane.
I bought it from Rick King for $5500 as I recall.
In 3 years I changed the oil once, adjusted the valves once just out of guilt, and think I put a coil it or replaced the dual points, can’t remember for sure.
It didn’t even have a down pedal, just the handle.
To my knowledge it’s still running today as is.
I sold it for $6000.
This is with a video camera in one hand and a cigarette in the other hand.

So how much more to make it actually hit 100 lol?

95 is fucking impressive but in regards to what the OP asked

You just bragged about being 4th and inch’s and coming up short of a touchdown

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're interested in reading about what you can do to own a legit 100+ mph boat for under $25,000, check out the "Articles" section of RDP, go to 'Featured Boats' and you'll find a story titled "100+ MPH for Under $25,000".

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So how much more to make it actually hit 100 lol?

95 is fucking impressive but in regards to what the OP asked

You just bragged about being 4th and inch’s and coming up short of a touchdown

Lol
Probably a prop change, and a pedal. Maybe an electronic ignition instead of the old school dual point?
But considering that the entire program cost about the same as 2 fancy props for a big boat Id guess any motor stronger than the basically stock 69’ Chevelle Motor it had would get you there.
It was my back up boat for when the hydro and Miller were apart.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Here is my effort to get to 100 on a low buck budget. I picked this up a short while ago.
My plan is to get her all dialed in and on the water in the next month. I’ve got about two weeks work left , but with the holiday and some family things going, it will take a bit longer. My plans after the summer...... Jack plates and bigger wheels. It came with 28p Bravos, I have an extra set of 30p setting in the garage but will most likely need to go bigger.

Edit

BTW. .. I’ll have about 11K invested. 😎

EBE08FA6-FD4D-40CA-B532-7C3AF00454FC.jpeg

Last edited:

MSum661

Reaction score
The very cheapest price it takes to lay down 100+ on paper might depend on how ambitious you are, who you might know and what your willing to do it in.

Way back when I was 25 I knew a guy who's Son was stuck in jail and needed bail money fast. I gave the old man a chunk of my savings at the time and bought this Cole Hydro. It had a Blown Injected motor in it that they wanted to keep but he had a all iron 13:1 468 BBC with two 1050's in his shop. He let me have it all - turn key for $11K.
A few weeks later I bought a cheap drivers suit, grabbed an old snell motorcycle helmet that was sitting in the garage, some cheap snow ski goggles, found a Lifeline chute jacket from a guy that crashed a Flatty real bad and swore he'd never race again and added the basic required stuff per the rule book. Signed up and ran the quarter mile with a 10.01 ET at 106 mph. Then after that, drove the piss out of it hitting all the west races for 2 years and then decided to sell it for what I paid for it.
I believe its still doable cost wise today if your creative and willing to put the DIY time in.

Cole Hydro 1988 Puddingstone.jpg

Then after that boat, when I was 28, I bought Rod Alexanders ex-Blown Alcohol 1/4 mile Hemi powered Deaver hydro hull on a trailer fully rigged less engine with the proceeds. It was sitting in their back yard for a couple years with Ivy growing all over it. His Pitbull ate the upholstery to pieces, there was a million sponsor stickers plastered all over it that took me 2 days to remove and It needed new motor plates and few other small items. Solid red gel coat hull that needed a serious scrub. I drove off with it for $6K. Next, I bought a Owens 2-speed trans from Denver Mullins out of his Public Enemy Boat for $2,500 complete ready to run, For Engine, Dan Aaseth of Canyon Marine at the time was coverting from his record setting Pro Comp Flatty to Pro Gas. He had the 1/4 mile mph record at the time of 125+ in Pro Comp. Bought that motor for $8K and put new rods in it for about $1,500.00. All in all, I was in that boat for around $19K. Numerous times I booked 1/4 mile runs +/- 139's+ with 7.90 ET's. with the same motor. Also Occasionally, depending on the circumstances, I would pair up in the lanes with a guy name Don London. Back in the day when he was driving the "original" 911 Comp Flatty. All that said....I believe it could be done again for about $19K today if somebody really had the willingness and the time.

Deaver Shake down Bakersfield._edited-1.jpg

After these two boats left the scene the next boats that followed were not that easy or cheap to run a whole bunch faster.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
The very cheapest price it takes to lay down 100+ on paper might depend on how ambitious you are, who you might know and what your willing to do it in.

Way back when I was 25 I knew a guy who's Son was stuck in jail and needed bail money fast. I gave the old man a chunk of my savings at the time and bought this Cole Hydro. It had a Blown Injected motor in it that they wanted to keep but he had a all iron 13:1 468 BBC with two 1050's in his shop. He let me have it all - turn key for $11K.
A few weeks later I bought a cheap drivers suit, grabbed an old snell motorcycle helmet that was sitting in the garage, some cheap snow ski goggles, found a Lifeline chute jacket from a guy that crashed a Flatty real bad and swore he'd never race again and added the basic required stuff per the rule book. Signed up and ran the quarter mile with a 10.01 ET at 106 mph. Then after that, drove the piss out of it hitting all the west races for 2 years and then decided to sell it for what I paid for it.
I believe its still doable cost wise today if your creative and willing to put the DIY time in.

View attachment 1020696

Then after that boat, when I was 28, I bought Rod Alexanders ex-Blown Alcohol 1/4 mile Hemi powered Deaver hydro hull on a trailer fully rigged less engine with the proceeds. It was sitting in their back yard for a couple years with Ivy growing all over it. His Pitbull ate the upholstery to pieces, there was a million sponsor stickers plastered all over it that took me 2 days to remove and It needed new motor plates and few other small items. Solid red gel coat hull that needed a serious scrub. I drove off with it for $6K. Next, I bought a Owens 2-speed trans from Denver Mullins out of his Public Enemy Boat for $2,500 complete ready to run, For Engine, Dan Aaseth of Canyon Marine at the time was coverting from his record setting Pro Comp Flatty to Pro Gas. He had the 1/4 mile mph record at the time of 125+ in Pro Comp. Bought that motor for $8K and put new rods in it for about $1,500.00. All in all, I was in that boat for around $19K. Numerous times I booked 1/4 mile runs +/- 139's+ with 7.90 ET's. with the same motor. Also Occasionally, depending on the circumstances, I would pair up in the lanes with a guy name Don London. Back in the day when he was driving the "original" 911 Comp Flatty. All that said....I believe it could be done again for about $19K today if somebody really had the willingness and the time.

View attachment 1020746

After these two boats left the scene the next boats that followed were not that easy or cheap to run a whole bunch faster.
Finally someone post an actual 100mph boat!

boatnam2

Reaction score
53k 2 years ago for a couple ticks
2D7ECC84-3016-46DC-829F-590C68156407.png
over a Hundy, photo by Jason becker.

timstoy

Reaction score
Find a used K boat that doesn’t have a Billy B. Paint job on it, add methanol and go! It will put in seat like nothing you have ever driven and you can turn it as fast as you can hang on! Plus it sounds like a real boat! You can go 100mph with a blown 427.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay -- how about a verified, real 125mph boat for about $20,000? Erik Nordskog (grandson of Bob Nordskog) is selling the record setting and 4-time APBA national champion ET #5 (wood Molinari with small block Chevy and Mercury Speedster Drive on a trailer located in the San Fernando Valley. The package looks pristine -- ready to run. What a fun toy to cruise the Gorge at 100+. At one time this boat had a diesel engine and set 6 UIM endurance records. Who's buying?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Okay -- how about a verified, real 125mph boat for about $20,000? Erik Nordskog (grandson of Bob Nordskog) is selling the record setting and 4-time APBA national champion ET #5 (wood Molinari with small block Chevy and Mercury Speedster Drive on a trailer located in the San Fernando Valley. The package looks pristine -- ready to run. What a fun toy to cruise the Gorge at 100+. At one time this boat had a diesel engine and set 6 UIM endurance records. Who's buying?

Let’s see it!