WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

120 Force ( Chrysler) fuel system question

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My 120 force on my bass boat. Fuel pump has a line that goes from pump to lower crank case. Boat started flooding bad and determined it was that cyl so plugged that line and it stopped. Seloc book doesn’t describe this. What is it.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It might be a weep line hose and the fuel pump may be failing. 🤷‍♀️ Just thought I’d bump it to the top.

stingray11

Reaction score
My 120 force on my bass boat. Fuel pump has a line that goes from pump to lower crank case. Boat started flooding bad and determined it was that cyl so plugged that line and it stopped. Seloc book doesn’t describe this. What is it.
If you're asking what that line to the block is for it's the pulse line, it's what makes the fuel pump work. It takes crank case pulses and makes the diaphragm in the fuel pump pump the fuel through the fuel pump and yes if the diaphram gets a hole in it it will act to flood that cylinder So it sounds like you're a need of a new fuel pump or a rebuild kit. Without that line hooked up to the fuel pump and block fuel pump will not work.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
If you're asking what that line to the block is for it's the pulse line, it's what makes the fuel pump work. It takes crank case pulses and makes the diaphragm in the fuel pump pump the fuel through the fuel pump and yes if the diaphram gets a hole in it it will act to flood that cylinder So it sounds like you're a thaneed of a new fuel pump or a rebuild kit. Without that line hooked up to the fuel pump and block fuel pump will not work.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
That’s what I thought but I plugged it and drove in. Could there be 2? I guess I’ll just tear it open.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Secondary pulse line. You will see how it works when you pull the pump off. Clean the bowl vent lines and fittings while your in there