WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

13 seconds

81Sprint

Reaction score
And to think, I almost put a 4 team parlay for the underdogs this weekend. 100 bucks to 3 grand. Thank god i didn't!. Would have liked to see the Bills win tho, they are due.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I'm from Houston, and that is for sure a drop in the bucket for ol mattress mack! that dude is rollin in it! self made man gotta respect him

92508_750.0.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm from Houston, and that is for sure a drop in the bucket for ol mattress mack! that dude is rollin in it! self made man gotta respect him

McIngvale arrived in Houston around 1978, driving a clapped out Camaro. His first furniture store was an open air market on North I-45, and he sold cheap furniture from Mexico. I arrived in Houston from New Mexico about the same time, and actually bought some stuff from his store.

His commercials were literally on TV in the middle of the night, like 2-3 AM. He had a fistful of bills, and would jump into the air yelling "Gallery Furniture SAVES YOU (jump) MONEY!

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot to say fuck the nfl who watches that shit any more. I haven't watched a single minute
Says the dude who stared a thread about the end of a game ? If you haven’t watched a single minute how the hell you know how it went down?

BajaT

Reaction score
The NFL overtime rules are stupid. Each team should get at least a possession

The NFL overtime rules are stupid. Each team should get at least a possession.
Buffalo allowed a drive with 13 seconds left that resulted in a FG then could not stop them from going all the way down and getting a TD. Buffalo did not deserve another chance. College OT is lame. Glad NFL changed rule from first points win in OT to current, stop them from getting a TD, u get ball....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot to say fuck the nfl who watches that shit any more. I haven't watched a single minute
Lol, my nfl participation is limited to reading yahoo post game news while on the shitter. Yahoo and shit go together like toast & butter, ya know. Other than a tv being on it when I'm out somewhere I haven't watched.
Handfull of years ago a thread like this would have been pages deep with banter with me included.

BajaT

Reaction score
Basically, the game is decided after the coin toss. Dumb.
Not true..... "Interestingly, the research concludes that these rules are actually much more even. Under the current system, there have been 163 overtime games in the NFL since the sudden death rule changed to only a TD drive ends the game without the other team getting the ball. The coin-toss winner only has a 52.8 winning percent in those contests."

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Not true..... "Interestingly, the research concludes that these rules are actually much more even. Under the current system, there have been 163 overtime games in the NFL since the sudden death rule changed to only a TD drive ends the game without the other team getting the ball. The coin-toss winner only has a 52.8 winning percent in those contests."
Check the outcomes of playoff games in OT.

BajaT

Reaction score
Check the outcomes of playoff games in OT.
Much smaller sample size. Overall, not really an advantage. The rules are no different, just a small sample size vs 163 regular season OT games. Saints had ball first 2 years ago and punted, lost on FG in OT...

Last edited:

BajaT

Reaction score
I heard its 10-1 for the teams that won the coin flip to go onto win the game since they changed the format for OT.
From a couple years ago..."Since the new rules came into being, there have been eight postseason overtimes, and five of them have ended with a touchdown on the opening drive.

Those five were the Patriots over the Chiefs on Sunday, the Patriots over the Falcons in the Super Bowl two years ago, the Cardinals over the Packers in 2016, the Seahawks over the Packers in 2015 and the Broncos over the Steelers in 2012. The three games where both offenses saw the field were the Rams over the Saints on Sunday, the Ravens over the Broncos in 2013 and the Giants over the 49ers in 2012. Those games all ended with field goals."

Last edited:

Baja 252

Reaction score
The Chiefs problem isn't playing great for 13 seconds, 13 minutes or even 25 minutes. But they never seem to play great for a full 60 minutes.