WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$1300-1500 quote to fix the problem with blower motor issues in F-150's

spectras only

Reaction score
Screw Ford , I'll fix it myself. I'll do the trick people do, zip tie the recirculating door shot. It should be a recall for this defect. But hey, my 96 Mustang plastic intake cracking wasn't called either. had to find there was a silent recall on that biotch.

1632719347202.png

1632719142281.png

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
That is indeed a blower motor.

Our Suburbans had blend door issues. Heat blowing on driver's side while AC blowing on passenger side. Had to pull over and restart the truck to fix it.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Recalls are reserved for safety issues. Toyota are the only ones I know of that have campaigns on other systems that they fucked up on…like when they replaced the dashboard in my used 190K mile 16 year old 4runner for free.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
HVAC boxes under dashes are the WORST to repair . And none of those quick fix kits from dorman work .

spectras only

Reaction score
Imports are not any better for HVAC system repair either. I have a track Miata that I use the heater to dissipate some heat while running at the track when temps high like this summer. 40C did blow steam inside the cab at my feet. bypassing the two small 'O' rings in the heater core fittings. Bypassed the two hoses with a jumper temporarily so I could drive the car home. Dealer quotes were between $450 to 550 to remove the dash to replace the two tiny 'O' rings.:eek:
Had the race seat unbolted getting under the dash to pull the heater core out. Up to this point it was quite easy. Problem started when trying to put the tiny 'V' clamps back to hold the aluminum tubes with 'O' rings into the heater core. You got to be a midget to get under the dash to start with. using both hands passing the steering column and align the 'V' clamps ensuring it's not cockeyed and spring a leak. Ended up using a tube cutter so I could install the 'O' rings on the shorter part of the aluminum tubes and used two 2" heater hose to attach the tubes with s/s clamps . Doing this method, replacing the 'O' rings is roughly 1/2 to 3/4 hr. I guess there's more money for dealerships by removing the entire dashboard. 🤔 ;) I'm cheap so there.:p

timstoy

Reaction score
On the Crown Vics the whole fan blade assembly cracks around the motor shaft and flops around in the housing. It will get your attention when you turn the fan motor on!