WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

15 Years And 3 Days Ago, An Orange Kitten Meowed At Our Door...Today He Went Home...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
IF its anything like around here a new will show up like magic when the time is right.
Well, my wife's first cat adopted her in college. She was bringing groceries in at her apartment, and an old calico ran inside. She stayed in Fresno with her for 2 years, then she became my "step-cat"...Riverside house, Pomona house and then Alta Loma. In the second house, Mitzi was getting older, really had no clue as she wasn't a kitten when we got her. That's when Simba showed up on the porch. Gave some energy to the older cat, and they got along great.

...damn, a 23 year cat history. Maybe I should have been a librarian.

nowski

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your kee kee meow meow...

We just inherited our little feral cat with clipped ear about 3 months ago. He was about 8 - 10 weeks old when we spotted him roaming in our backyard. Little by little the cat has warmed up and taken a liking to us, (it must have been the food and treats) then one day I grabbed him while he was eating and was able to pet him for a moment. He's now a part of our animal family, two dogs and a chinchilla and comes and goes when he pleases. The dogs don't care much for him but he does like the chinchilla, aka future dinner??? He's a conservative cat that knows how to hunt (unlike his liberal counterparts) and has already left his kills on the front doorstep...

Kee Kee.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
Chuck had another head tremor event earlier today while we were watching the NASCAR race. It's frightening for me, but if he goes while laying on my chest and I'm petting him, it's the best I could hope for.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Monkeyswrench, I'm sorry for your families loss. I love dogs but equally love cats. Cats can be just as impactful as family companions as dogs and just as painful when they pass. I have posted on RDP about my favorite dog and cat passing. The support shown by the core members of the site was astounding and very helpful. in the healing process.

I lost a cat named Simba about 10 years ago, he was a orange tabby manx and I miss him dearly to this day. A decade later I still compare our cats to him.

Realize that you gave Simba the best life he could have and that you wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is understand that you and your family are caregivers for entities that need your love and rely on you to survive. Intern they show you us love in their own way, it's up to us as human beings to acknowledge their personalities and be receptive to their show of love and accept it as it is.
The life partners that stand out the most make a deeper connection to us as human beings and the depth of morning when they pass is proportioned to their impact on us as human beings.

It is so hard to deal with losing a partner in life, and the most innocent partner in life, but that is the trade off. I have asked myself this question to many times, but he answer is always the same. If you had to do it over again, would you choose to include the pet in your life or not? Bet your gong to answer YES. Every time.

I miss my Simba, Akimy, and Tezzo. I cant wait to reconnect with them again, but I still have a life to live.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
This was my Simba kitty, I was home sicker than a dog and a 16 YO Simba the cat and the 150 pound 2 YO chocolate lab named Wilson reached a mutual agreement to set aside their inherent differences and show me some healing love.

IMG_2387.JPG

HST4ME

Reaction score
Had an orange one for many years. Found him in a junk yard when he was maybe a couple weeks old. Always knew when I didn't feel good or down in the dumps. He would play fetch for hours.