WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$17.95 sandwich on the river

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Remember that next time someone says you are poor 😂.
$8 will buy you a lunch. He didn’t say how good the lunch would be :)

I can grab an OK river lunch for the 4 of us for $12 at Smiths. $10 sandwich kit at the deli has - .5 lb cheese, and 1 lb of meat, and a $1.99 loaf of bread. They have all the free condiment packets there. For $15 I can add a bag of chips. For $18 I can add a 16oz sour cream and a dip packet.

2 sandwiches for $8 is totally doable out of the deli.
Now I see how you all can be ballers when you have to rely on free condiments so you can afford lunch🤣

78Southwind

Reaction score
Damn I must be a cheap ass, I went to Chilis today and had a the 3 for $10 Bacon Burger, Salad, Asparagus ($1 upgrade) and a Coke Zero. They even gave me a free Guacamole with Chips since I had a Chilis Reward... :cool:

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Holly shit I didn’t see that coming. I won’t mention what place. Wasn’t even as good as last year. Service was good though. I think I will continue bringing food with me to the lake / river
Shane, were you out in your restored Spectra on Saturday? mid day. heading from the basin into the channel

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Hell, sandwiches are $17.95 off the river too....
Prices have gone thru the roof everywhere I go, for everything.

The 5% inflation is grossly understated

Not So Fast

Reaction score
I'm not much of an eat-out guy . . . but I did go to Norms the other day with my Dad for a chicken fried steak breakfast. Didn't notice any major price increases, but I'm sure they went up some. The staff was noticeably friendly and service was great. I tipped our waitress a few extra bucks, I could tell she was very happy to be working, which was nice to see.
NORMS, WOW used to hit them up for breakfast in Costa mesa, took my boys there back in the day and they said you get all that for breakfast ???? It was a load for sure, all construction guys hit it up, GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
NSF

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
$7.50 on the beach in San Diego ♡

Attachments

• 20210726_095314.jpg
    20210726_095314.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 47

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
$8 in groceries? I call bull shit. $8 don’t buy anything.

Where prices have really gone up.....Costco.

The costs of the pandemic are on the back of the consumer. When the consumers financial back brakes they will back off 2% and thats the new stable price.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
NORMS, WOW used to hit them up for breakfast in Costa mesa, took my boys there back in the day and they said you get all that for breakfast ???? It was a load for sure, all construction guys hit it up, GOOD DEAL!!!!!!!!!!
NSF
Ha ! That's the exact location we went to !
Since the shutdown we hadn't been there . . . they had a 'tent' set up outside, but it didn't look the same . . . so we waited till the opened back up the inside.
Always like sitting in a 'corner-booth'. Their coffee is good there too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Before Covid we would spend $500-$600 a month dining out not including a major event dinner

Since covid its $50 a month if that.

I would be embarrassed to put up what I spend a month on eating out now.. lol. Take your first number and times it by about six. 😳.. granted I am always feeding 5+ people and we don’t do fast food very often.. I will sneak through the weinershnitzel though.. it’s a total weakness.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I would be embarrassed to put up what I spend a month on eating out now.. lol. Take your first number and times it by about six. 😳.. granted I am always feeding 5+ people and we don’t do fast food very often.. I will sneak through the weinershnitzel though.. it’s a total weakness.
Fuck that noise.

guest hs

Reaction score
I’m just saying I think the sandwich was $12.95 last year

nameisbond

Reaction score
Its getting expensive to eat out everywhere. Even fast food. A big mac combo is almost $15 here. Add in my smoking I could lease a nice car for what I spend per day. Smoking alone is over $900 per month.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
We used to spend $250 - $500 a week eating out. Now we spend about $200 a month if even that. I been packing salads for lunch and we make a nice spread for dinner. I did go to this local mexican joint I used to frequent a few times a month prior to Wuflu. Steak burrito, Carnitas Taco and a Jaritos pop was $9.00. Same exact meal was $17.50 on Monday and the food was noticeably smaller.. I wont be going back.

nameisbond

Reaction score
$900/mth to increase you chances of death? What are you thinking? May need some intervention. Not bagging on you, but you got to take care of yourself.........

Its crazy..................... My smoking habit has climbed to two packs per day. At $30 per day its almost $900 per month. Would cover the lease on the F450 I want. So I'm going to quit. Probably go to ecigs for a little bit.

Add in food costs and I could get an S Class Mercedes. I'm trying to eat more meals at home.