WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
hey gunnies, i need a .17 any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance....

D

Deleted Account

I have a Volquartsen semi. It's unbelievably accurate. I stopped by my buddys ranch yesterday and popped a few squirrels out of the rock pile. It only drops 4" at 200 yards and it pops out at about 2500 fps...

It's a fun rifle. Pretty sure my buddy is going to grab one after he shot it yesterday as well...

Attachments

sergeantmike

Reaction score
I believe .17 is only rimfire. My son just bought one at the gun show in parker last month. Savage Model 93R17 .17 HMR.. Stainless, bull barrel.. nice shooting gun. I think he paid $325 great for killing critters and cans

D

Deleted Account

I believe .17 is only rimfire. My son just bought one at the gun show in parker last month. Savage Model 93R17 .17 HMR.. Stainless, bull barrel.. nice shooting gun. I think he paid $325 great for killing critters and cans
Hey Mike, I ran into one of your guys at the zip park yesterday. Do you know Rob?:p

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
The original is the .17 Remington, (center fire)wicked fast, horrible stability, and terrible barrel wear...they never took off, I had one, chased my tail for a year with another guy on these trying to make them work, they did OK until you pushed the bullet to the speeds they were designed for.....

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I have a 17 rem, great gun. there is also the 17 rem fireball, which a little less fast.

no bs, with the 17 rem, you can blow jackets off bullets. getting a 25 grainer into the 4k fps range is easy and no where near max.

the 2 current rimfire options are the HMR and the HMR2. the 1st is more powerful and came out 1st.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I have a 17 rem, great gun. there is also the 17 rem fireball, which a little less fast.

no bs, with the 17 rem, you can blow jackets off bullets. getting a 25 grainer into the 4k fps range is easy and no where near max.

the 2 current rimfire options are the HMR and the HMR2. the 1st is more powerful and came out 1st.
The .17hmr is a necked down .22 mag. Super fast and super flat out past 100yards. The HM2 is a necked down .22 long rifle. Same thing. Fast and flat. I love my .17hmr just don't know if I'm sold on the hm2. For the price of ammo I think I'd rather shoot one of my .22's.

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
hey gunnies, i need a .17 any info would be appreciated, thanks in advance....
The 17's are fun, but expensive if you shoot them alot...(HMR's 12 bucks for 50), I prefer to shoot a 204 for vermits, cheaper, faster, flatter.

One drawback is you cant shoot the 204 at indoor ranges.

Sorry for off tracking the question....

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
great info, 204? i wouldnt be using it at an inside facility. primarily squirrels. i will look into the 204 now. also i would not go the hm2 route, thanks all for your input on this.

lebel409

Reaction score
IMO the .204 is just awesome. Cheap, easy, fast, long lasting...