WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

18' Saber Jet Resto

wzuber

Reaction score
20191211_180117.jpg

here's a pic that shows how close the crank pully came to the bulkhead.
20191211_181854.jpg
the wood interior in place and front seats mounted. I used alum. angle to attach the seats and bases that way theres no screws to rott out the wood bases. the back seat and base was not mounted yet. By relocating the altenator I was able to move the bench seat back a couple inches gainig more cockpit space. For a little boat it's pretty roomy.
20191213_140824.jpg
rear base all glassed in and drain hole in near and far rt. corners as pictured.
20191213_140731.jpg
20191213_140802.jpg

front bases glassed in.
These glassed in bases are going to make the carpet install a bit more challenging than a clean flat floor. The plan is 1 piece from toe kick to transom. We'll see how that goes.

wzuber

Reaction score
20191229_124615.jpg

here's the current status of the interior. the owner came by to look at vinyl samples for the seats and color chart for the green gel to be webbed into the bilge and decided the radiused headrests on the back seat needed to be altered to better match the fr. buckets shape so we diced to knock then down flatter and lower the height in the. enter too. I like it better, what do you think?
20191221_132619.jpg

Here's the colors he choose for the interior vinyl along side the carpet. The green metalic will be used for the beading and welting. In the center of the buckets and under the head rest area there will be a green thread stiched diamond pattern. It should look really bitchen when finished. Louie @ A1 Canvas in Upland will be make the stichen all bitchen. :D

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Looking great, Originally I wanted the seating the same as you just set up your ride.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Looks good. Are you doing the carpet?
Can I offer a suggestion?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The rear headrests, or rises.
Mark the center of the headrest.
Now if you have a front cushion, put it on the bench. Can you see where the center of the seating position is?
Also the transition from the "armrest," to the headrest, back, is severe and will be hard to trim.
It's hard to see where the finished upholstery should be, and build the frame to support that design.
To my eyes, the headrests need to extend in more to the center, what looks like at least 5 in. To be symmetrical. If you can follow my description.
I see the look you're going for.

wzuber

Reaction score
ya...i see what your saying. I'll pull measurements and give it another look later when i get a chance. The seat bases are with the other bucket at A1 currently. I"d have to run over there to get one.

yes, i will be installing the carpet. have any tips on the carpet install? I've never done one with fixed bases like this before. that's going to add some planning steps.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
BTW those front buckets came out nice.
That looks like basic old school boat carpet. It is directional. Keep the floor and gunnels going the same way. Fold the carpet in half and chalk the center line. Get a centerline on the floor.
Think about a tread on a riser on a staircase. Which way you're looking at it to see the seam. Do the toe board first. Then lay the floor into it. Gives you more leeway on the seam because you can't look straight down on it. Do the floor, then push the base carpet down on it. The carpet will compress a little, but won't stretch. Glue, less is more. I use razor blades, and a s*** ton of them. Not worth fighting a dull blade. All pretty basic stuff. Don't know if you've carpeted a boat before. Build is coming out great.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Cut your pieces for the bases first. Add hash marks to orient it. Run it lengthwise around the base so the corners stay full. Then do the floor. Install the carpet on the bases so you can push it down into the floor.