WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

18 Years Tomorrow.... Never Forget!!

Tooned Up

Reaction score
5626536F-99E1-4500-9FAA-4959EB9D3898.jpeg
It’s hard to believe it has been 18 years... I still remember exactly what intersection I was at on my way to work when the news came in that American Airlines flight 11 hit the north tower like it was yesterday. I remember the days following not seeing one plane in the sky unless it was an F16, having candlelight vigils on the curb and meeting neighbors for the 1st time, walking into Costco at 5:00 at night and being the only person in the store but the employees, going out and buying as many rounds of ammo I could find or afford, going out of my way to thank every person I saw with a Veteran hat on to of which I still do to this day (lord only knows they went out of there way for us)
Bin Laden and Al Qaeda took A LOT from us day.... a day I will never forget in my lifetime and I continue to do everything I can to pass along the significance of it to my kids. I will not forgive nor will I forget! Ever!!!

May every person we lost that day
REST IN PEACE and a HUGE THANK YOU to all who helped in the days, months, and years that followed.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This was the most significant day in American history in my lifetime that I can remember.. followed by the space shuttle.

(Or if we are being honest keeping Hillary out of the whitehouse)

PlanB

Reaction score
This was the most significant day in American history in my lifetime that I can remember.. followed by the space shuttle.

I would bump Hillary being out of the WH to number two. SCOTUS picks are generational...

Tooned Up

Reaction score

I couldn’t agree with you more. I am a firm believer that many of us would have been shot for refusing to bow to the flag of Hillary.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I was fortunate to have visited the World Trade Center Towers several times - the views were incredible!

I need to scan my film pics - here's one from the internet:

world-trade-center-07.jpg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
On this night 18 years ago, 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift. None of them saw past 10:00am, Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.
God Bless America.
FB_IMG_1568171506815.jpg

seanroberts

Reaction score
I wrote the following many years ago. I’ve only updated the years in it. It all still rings true. I’ve had many surgeries and lost “K9’s both bomb & man” on duty and too time. I would still do it all over again knowing the pain and sacrifice that goes with it.

I would like to thank all of the 1st responders, Law Enforcement, Firefighters, and Paramedics. You are the ones that run to danger when everyone else runs away. You have fear but the fear of being unable to help is worse than putting yourself in jeopardy. You see more in a year than most see in a lifetime. You wish you could erase many images from your mind. Know that the good people still care and support you. You end up with broken bodies and damaged emotions, you are wanted.

I also have to give special thanks to another huge member of that community. 18 years ago driving home from work I didn't believe what I was hearing on the radio. I wanted to believe that working my 12 hours of graveyard just had me hearing a joke. This was not a joke, I got to my house knowing that my K-9 Axa and I would have no break. I got about an half an hour of sleep and we went to work. We wouldn't see the house for over a week, we had no days off we just did what had to be done.

I want to thank the K-9's that I handled and worked with during those years. Axa, Rosco, Roja, Yuri, Tessa,Jamie, Urs. You opened stadiums, kept the malls, studios, bridges, ports and people safe. People didn't see you on oxygen, cuts, bruises, worn pads, food intake double and still happy to got to work. It was my honor to work with you!