WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

180 HP electric outboard

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Torqeedo came out with one this year as well, the reason it won't ever catch on is price, 70k for the one you posted and 55k for the Torqeedo msrp. Thats just for the motor, add the Campion boat and you have a 120k campion boat SMH, going green costs too much green. Mercury outboard and Evinrude have beyond excellent 4 strokes and are perfect for the lake @ 1/7th the cost.
http://regennautic.com/products/e200-outboard/

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Rumor has it that when you buy one you can tow it in the HOV lane while flying solo.

Also, one year free no quagga inspection lanes :thumbup:

HotRod82

Reaction score
Tough sell due to the price but technology wise pretty damn cool.

U4ia

Reaction score
This is just the 2nd generation of electric outboards, if you consider trolling motors and the first tiny Torqueedos as Gen 1. I would expect the tech to advance along with automotive battery technology: in a few years we will all be surprised at what is possible. Just like any other immature technology the price drops and capabilities increase every year (computers, cell phones, etc) until it reaches a plateau: Moores Law

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So they are showing the "high voltage" stickers on the inside of this thing.. What happens if it all gets wet with the cowling off?

RD

U4ia

Reaction score
So they are showing the "high voltage" stickers on the inside of this thing.. What happens if it all gets wet with the cowling off?

RD

Same thing that happens when a Tesla or Leaf drives through a desert thunderstorm: everybody gets electrocuted...........

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score

RD

Your dead if you touch the wrong wires.

The Nissan Leaf has 230 volt battery. The guys around here don't like changing them when they go bad, makes them nervous.

Ski..

mentalmatt

Reaction score
Pretty cool idea and would be even cooler if you could put it on a hard-too potion boat that had solar panels on-top. If the panels were big enough you could probably go all day without stopping. It would also keep the batteries charged when its stored in the slip.

Couple problems I see... Thy need more options with more or less horse power. Also, with a price tag like that, they are out I their fucking minds and will never sell.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
How long of extension cord do you need?

Long enough to reach the supercharged 900 hp generator you will need to run on the beach.

The 1st auto disconnect that fails during a boat flip or sink and electrocutes a bunch of peeps, these will be done. Also that boat weighs 5500#s w/o people. I think they are exceeding the boats rating.

HotRod82

Reaction score

RD

Nothing.....same protection devices you see in hot tubs, most peeps don't realize an electric hot tub has a perfectly grounded (water) 60 amp 230 volt line connected to it. Between arc-fault and GFI , no worries.

2Driver

Reaction score
I'd like to see it on a 22' pontoon with solar panels on the roof!

22' of aluminum boat, 1/2 ton of batteries and a 300HP electric motor all sitting in the water. :D

There's always a catch, in this case it's the cost, maintenance and replacement of the batteries. Not the answer for something used as infrequently as a pleasure boat. I bet the average pleasure boater spends less than $300 a year on gas.

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
These would be great on lake that require electric propulsion only. Might be spendy, but at least its an option. I would think because of the range limitations and battery weight it would be a hard sell.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
22' of aluminum boat, 1/2 ton of batteries and a 300HP electric motor all sitting in the water. :D

There's always a catch, in this case it's the cost, maintenance and replacement of the batteries. Not the answer for something used as infrequently as a pleasure boat. I bet the average pleasure boater spends less than $300 a year on gas.

$300/year?????

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
$300 an hour for a Poker Run Boat
$300 a day for a "Baller" Boat
$300 a weekend for a Big Block Pleasure Boat
$300 a week for a Small Block Family Boat
$300 a month for a Pontoon w/OB
$300 a Year for an electric boat

I'm guessing when the price is within 30% of an
internal combustion engine (installed) the general population will take notice....till then it will just be a cool thing for the "Hollywood Save the earth" types.....just like the EV1 was from GM for many years until Toyota figured out how to make the Prius mainstream .....my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2Driver

Reaction score
Come on guys we arent the average. I bet its about that for this type of boat

mentalmatt

Reaction score
I bet the average pleasure boater spends less than $300 a year on gas.

Hahahahahaha that's funny right there.... $300 a year? Try $300+ a weekend! And I just have a small-block. I'm sure others are upwards of $500+ a weekend.