WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder what level body oder must have been like back then? They wear a shit ton of clothes regardless of the temperature especially the ladies, dont shower all that often. Things have got to get pretty gamey downtown. And the armpit hair on the women as well is a nice touch.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Do you ever wonder what level body oder must have been like back then? They wear a shit ton of clothes regardless of the temperature especially the ladies, dont shower all that often. Things have got to get pretty gamey downtown. And the armpit hair on the women as well is a nice touch.
Way to deflate my dream! LOL

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Way to deflate my dream! LOL
It is pretty cool how they have made Faith Hill look pretty grizzled compared to below...

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 2.32.18 PM.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The colonizers were much worse.. they didn’t even want to bath. Some of the logic back then defies logic.. especially since even the romans and Greeks made bathing a priority

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
So based on the last episode it looks like where the Dutton Ranch comes to life is wherever they burry family members.

Well see.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Wife says she read they have another series in the works. 1938 or something like that. It will be the timeline and family between the two current series.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Wife says she read they have another series in the works. 1938 or something like that. It will be the timeline and family between the two current series.

Yes, I posted about it in post #81

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

The bad breath from rotted mouths and teeth. 🤮

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Honestly I think their timelines are a little off.. I have a machined handle sitting on my lathe that was from the early 1900’s that was machined in Minnesota by my grandfather. My dad was born in 35..

Someone above said they are saying these are the great great great grand parents.. and I’m thinking my grandpa was alive around that time period granted he was young..

On a more + note I’m betting she survives. If not wherever she dies will end up being the Dutton ranch and she will be the cause of it. Which will mean they make it as far as Montana.
I believe the little boy, John, is Costner's father.

hman442

Reaction score
Outstanding series. Find it extremely well done. Excellent depiction of how tough the settlers of that period had it. Who ever thought about tornados striking a wagon train, but I can imagine now, that did happen. For a couple of country singers, Faith Hill and Tim Mc Graw are each damn good actors. Even in those very tough depicted times, I find Faith easy on the eyes. We've found streaming Paramount + thru an iPhone as an AT&T hot spot, provides good viewing without any buffering.
I agree - outstanding series & I felt that at times it was pretty dry, but that they were attempting to represent how it really would have been back then & there......then, here comes the Indian with pearly white teeth that speaks as if he were a recent Harvard graduate......was that a thing back then ?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I agree - outstanding series & I felt that at times it was pretty dry, but that they were attempting to represent how it really would have been back then & there......then, here comes the Indian with pearly white teeth that speaks as if he were a recent Harvard graduate......was that a thing back then ?
Sure, you can do online learning from anywhere

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Some interesting reading on Wikipedia about the Bozeman Trail. That's the offshoot from the Oregon Trail that leads up to Montana. I believe the writers did their homework.
It is pretty cool how they have made Faith Hill look pretty grizzled compared to below...

View attachment 1090778
Faith Hill has about 100 different looks. IMO - most are outstanding. She's a beautiful woman. Good bones, as they say.