0FE0F3AD-0892-4450-B73C-BD6419719E5A.jpeg
228874C0-DE14-4A16-AC13-186770EF437F.jpeg
6CB80E6C-3B29-4A88-9213-17ACE3B0C90D.jpeg
E64FA1EF-ED63-4FEC-90AA-351D32924731.jpeg
7D84CFC3-5FB3-4291-B1E3-44BBB58AF95C.jpeg
3BD754E8-5FE7-4C78-9215-F98384710F2E.jpeg
1CE5FF10-0CE2-443E-A81A-A9EFBE9F37C8.jpeg
4F73E1AE-4FD9-4297-9BBA-DD45CDA5FA3B.jpeg

She is officially done!!!…starts, runs, everything works…time to start testing :)

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I get it’s all new, but keep an eye on those cylinders. I’ve been laying down consistent 120 passes with zero weird shit. Last night it made an odd move, I knew well enough it wasn’t right, aborted the run and went to the beach. Broke right at the shaft/thread. Had it let go it could have been ugly!

Edit- looking again, that’s vertical for the bucket, it’s probably near fail safe. What controls your nozzle angle?
IMG_2858.jpeg
IMG_2861.jpeg

blue wonder

Reaction score
1C44DC79-1B8E-4938-A001-F1FFFAD5F606.jpeg

I run a fixed race nozzle, no diverter at all, angle is changed by wedges between the bowl and the droop, after what happened to my buddy Joe Morgan I would never run a adjustable deal, just not worth it, takes 5 minutes to change a wedge

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
The Placecraft is a different animal and getting it to leave the line with a fixed nozzle will not be easy, which is why most PC owners run a Place Diverter than can be adjusted while the boat is underway. The nozzle is downward during the holeshot to make the boat leave the starting line flat and then the nozzle is trimmed up once the boat is on plane. The Cheyenne doesn't need the nozzle to move while the boat is moving. For example, most lightweight Cheyennes have a negative nozzle angle (it points downward) when the boat is at WOT. The downward angle also helps the boat holeshot so once the angle is set it doesn't need to be changed during a pass. The PC needs positive nozzle angle when it's running at WOT. If you try to holeshot the boat with positive angle the bowrise is going to be excessive and could cause the boat to bounce during the holeshot, which can turn into a porpoise that the boat doesnt recover from. That cylinder John is showing is under a tremendous amount of force because of the location it is mounted in. After the failure I would consider it a maintenance item and replace it every season; its worth the peace of mind.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The Placecraft is a different animal and getting it to leave the line with a fixed nozzle will not be easy, which is why most PC owners run a Place Diverter than can be adjusted while the boat is underway. The nozzle is downward during the holeshot to make the boat leave the starting line flat and then the nozzle is trimmed up once the boat is on plane. The Cheyenne doesn't need the nozzle to move while the boat is moving. For example, most lightweight Cheyennes have a negative nozzle angle (it points downward) when the boat is at WOT. The downward angle also helps the boat holeshot so once the angle is set it doesn't need to be changed during a pass. The PC needs positive nozzle angle when it's running at WOT. If you try to holeshot the boat with positive angle the bowrise is going to be excessive and could cause the boat to bounce during the holeshot, which can turn into a porpoise that the boat doesnt recover from. That cylinder John is showing is under a tremendous amount of force because of the location it is mounted in. After the failure I would consider it a maintenance item and replace it every season; its worth the peace of mind.

Yep, it all makes sense now that I have looked it all over.

On the PC when I installed the new ram (I also bought a spare) I machined a spacer that was the same length as the makeup of the (3) spacers you had, but machined it tight on the shaft so it actually supports the shaft now and isn't solely reliant on the shaft itself to keep it from bending under the stress. I have the boat apart right now waiting for the new bullet and am also putting a positive stop on the diverter that would come into play if that shaft was to break again.

After putting 150 or so passes on the boat, I can only say that I cannot wait to make the 151st. The boat is a RIOT to drive, pulls like a freight train, and is more planted under acceleration and deceleration than any little boat I have driven or been passenger in! New combo will make a couple hundred more HP and I am really looking forward to letting go of the button again! If I can get it together, my hope is to run it 2 passes in the lights at Firebird this year.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
Yep, it all makes sense now that I have looked it all over.

On the PC when I installed the new ram (I also bought a spare) I machined a spacer that was the same length as the makeup of the (3) spacers you had, but machined it tight on the shaft so it actually supports the shaft now and isn't solely reliant on the shaft itself to keep it from bending under the stress. I have the boat apart right now waiting for the new bullet and am also putting a positive stop on the diverter that would come into play if that shaft was to break again.

After putting 150 or so passes on the boat, I can only say that I cannot wait to make the 151st. The boat is a RIOT to drive, pulls like a freight train, and is more planted under acceleration and deceleration than any little boat I have driven or been passenger in! New combo will make a couple hundred more HP and I am really looking forward to letting go of the button again! If I can get it together, my hope is to run it 2 passes in the lights at Firebird this year.
I like your plan with the cylinder. I hope you get it together in time to run there. it's an epic venue and the competition is the best in the world. you will love it. I"d be stoked to see the boat run since I've never witnessed it haul ass except when watching old YouTube videos. lol

blue wonder

Reaction score

Got a little test session in with the bottle on yesterday, definitely a conservative starting point but it didn’t blow the scoop off so that’s always a plus, brought the nitrous in at 1.5 seconds after the launch and only had it on for 3 seconds, can definitely work on that but wanted to start safe, stupid Racepak is having issues and didn’t record anything so didn’t get any useful data to work with, kind of a waste of a day but oh well, gotta drive my boat a few laps at least, will get the data fixed and then get after it