WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

19' Kevlar Daytona

Backlash

Reaction score
Good morning! I was out running some errands this morning and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. If you know me, well, you know I'm not going to pass up a boat. Much less, a Daytona. So I flipped around and went back to see this sucker and "Just be nosey."

😁

20211208_110256.jpg

20211208_110617.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
This is not mine, although I do have a 19' Daytona with an outbaord. So, naturally I was excited to see this one. I'm not up on the jet scene, nor am I knowledgeable around the 4 cyl. import scene. From what I gathered, this boat has been back east for the last few months having some bottom work done. It made it's way back out here to the West Coast, and the owner is heading out with some big names in the industry to get it dialed in. Apparently it's a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder out of a Honda, with a giant turbo bolted on the header. Those in the know, can fill in the blanks.

20211208_112406.jpg

20211208_105836.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
The exterior is gelcoat and not paint. Whoever did the work did a nice job. The balsa floors looked amazing, and the owner said he did that work himself.

20211208_110030.jpg

20211208_105908.jpg

Overall, the rigging and the hull looked really nice! Whoever did the work did a fantastic job. The owner was busy talking with a few other folks and answering phone calls, so I didn't feel it was appropriate to unlawfully detain him for any length of time. He told me his name, but I forgot it. Sorry Bud!

Anyways, I thought you suck-pump jet-bote guys would appreciate this. 😁 I know I did! Have a great day and stay safe!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I would have had to stop and take a look as well. Very nicely rigged boat with all the right parts. As for the power plant I'm sure once its spooled up it will rip but would think more torque would be what the jet drive wants. Judging by the looks of things the owner knows way more than I do.

On the jet drive front you are looking at a pop off valve above the pump that will allow water to escape under decel. Necessary when hauling the mail to slow the boat down safely as the pump will continue to get stuffed with water at speed. Its got a race nozzle on the pump that pushes water out to the sides on the line. Check out Finnegan's Placecraft videos, he goes over all that stuff. Way above anything I've ever had in a jet but cool nonetheless. Thanks for posting.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Damn thank you for stopping and getting content, i mean pics that thing is gorgeous. Od love to find him on Instagram or what not just to follow the tuning and how she runs with the 4 cyl

Backlash

Reaction score
No problem guys! Thank you for chiming in and sharing more info! I immediately thought of Finnegan's PlaceCraft when I saw this Daytona. Wild setup for sure! The owner was leaving L.A. county when I saw him, and he was heading out to Lake Elsinore for testing. A few other folks in the know were planning to meet up with him. He was a cool dude, but busy as he was juggling phone calls and conversations with other folks. I was just the nerd driving by. 😁

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
badass, any ideas on power output, im assuming 700-800 hp

lenmann

Reaction score
Wow, that is very cool. Some crazy engineering going on.

Thanks for sharing it, hopefully someone here can connect with the guy or knows him. It would be great to learn how it performs.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
FUKN RAD!!

4cyl have come along way with turbos. I bet that puts out as much power and torque as alot of NA big blocks and doesn't weigh shit.

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
The owner was saying this motor should lay down close to 1500hp when dialed in. He said they had dynoed it prior to tuning it, but it didn't reach that high a number with the low boost they were running.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Tom's boat. He's a big honda guy. Tom and Milo been building it for awhile. Should make around 1100hp.

Backlash

Reaction score
I was sceptical too when I initially walked up and saw the powerplant bolted to the stringers. But when the owner started throwing out HP and torque numbers, I quickly became less sceptical! It may not have the bitchen rumble of an unmuffled big block Chevrolet, but it sure sounded like a trick setup when you consider the HP/Torque/Weight ratios. 👍

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how this runs.
I’m not skeptical at all, there’s a guy running around in a 25 Daytona with similar power.