WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

19 Things You Never Knew About The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
19 Facts.
Seemed like folks liked my similar post about American Graffiti so I thought this one would be interesting too. I know this movie has to be popular on here. Love this movie so much and have been watching since I was introduced to it as a child from my father. Just watched it again with my wife this weekend. We had the three hour movie on throughout the weekend when we were just hanging out either folding laundry, eating breakfast or whatever.

Was Lee Van Cleef one of the most villainous characters of all time or what? Man, what a cool guy he was. Eli Wallach was so good too. Tuco made the movie in my opinion.

Most people's favorite scene is the Mexican standoff at the end, but my favorite part is when Tuco is running through the cemetery and "Ecstasy of Gold" is playing (amazing song and soundtrack) I like the fact they make the scene a whole three or four minutes showing it probably took Tuco a good hour or hours of running through the cemetery looking for Arch Stanton's grave.

Tuco: See you soon... iddee". Blondie: "Idiots; it's for you" HAHAHAHAHA! such a funny line! Have a blessed week guys and gals!!! BTW, Tuco doesn't like nooses either. :D Damn, the 60s were great. I was't there but I bet they were just the best!

Last edited:

brgrcru

Reaction score
Love that movie but i havent seen it for years. This is a cool rendition of that song.

How is it possible you have not seen it in years ? I swear I watch parts of it every week. With maybe a full sitting once a year. Lol
Cool video.

westair

Reaction score
Interesting that Tarantino called it the greatest achievement in cinema history and his absolute favorite movie

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Awesome!

It's funny you put this up, my daughter watched it this past weekend, Ennio Morricone's death spurred interest in his music with the younger crowd 👍

I posted this up last week in the music thread after Morricone passed away. Imagine the graveyard scene you posted without his Ecstasy of Gold...

-----------------------

Godspeed Ennio Morricone, KING of the Spaghetti Western soundtracks. His music crafted countless iconic scenes, most notably in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West.

This guy was a ROCKSTAR in Italy and one cool cat, performing concerts until the end (January 2020).

Many thanks for the decades of great music!

Seen below with his favorite soprano Susanna Rigacci. I remember finding this video when it had 9-hundred and something views...it came together great; the epitome of Rigacci and Morricone at their finest, although I wish it reflected the monstrous applause they always received after their western set.

"iL Trio" is anothe great song:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Interesting that Tarantino called it the greatest achievement in cinema history and his absolute favorite movie

Well if you watch a lot of Tarantino films he tends to make the music more important than the scene itself like Sergio Leone does. Longer scenes with no dialect. Love it!

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Beave, thanks for sharing. America Graffiti & The Good Bad & Ugly are two of my favorite movies. Awesome sound tracks on GBU. Takes me back to simpliar times, made my day.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
😄

19-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-and-side-eyeing-chloe.gif