WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1960 biesemeyer

gregk1

Reaction score
hello everone i am new to the site but not V drives
i am newly retired and bought a garage with a detached house in lake havasu city Yahoo!!! I found a 1960 biesemeyer flatbottom baking away in a boat yard hear in havasu it has all hallcraft hardware and v drive anyone have pic's of early 60s biesemeyers? I am putting a 301 chevy smallblock in it and am looking for some glennwood stile alloy log manafolds if anyone knows where some are for sale plese let me know i will tryto post some pic's thanks Greg:D

Last edited:

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Greg,
Welcome to the insanity............

Old 'B' boats were relly stylish for the day but were not the race boats of today. With that said, very good old ski/lake boats.

Spend some time in the spam sections and use the search feature. Yes, glenwod style logs do come up for sale now and then.

Maybe send a PM to Mouzer either here or on PB boards, he's a wheeler dealer in all things old school v-drives. Let him know what you want and he'll find it and at the right price.

Post some pix of your old girl, (boat that is :D) we'd love to see it!

Carl

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Greg that 1st image isn't showing up for some reason.. Let me know if you need help uploading a pic. :)

Welcome to the site.

RD

gregk1

Reaction score
hey carl that is the reason i bought the b boat as they say it
it is so plump and round with a little spoiler on the back not like todays boats. in seattle the B boats are verry sought after and have some freinds that love there B boats i had no idea that they made them that early i tryed to post a pic but only got the red X in the corner yes dave i could use some help with that
i am doing the sanding and priming on the boat right now i don't know if i should re gel coat or base coat clear coat?? never sprayed gel coat before i also found some logs that was quick thanks for the reply

Last edited:

gregk1

Reaction score
Cool so mine is a carribean the tag inside say 60067 would that be boat# 67 out of the mold in 1960?? someone has removed the exhust ports from the back of the boat bummer. i am thinking of putting them back in not fun but possable. found a video on u tube of a guy with a carribean it had a 401 nailhead with a velvet drive
i know of a 401 nailhead with all the marine hardware but the guy wants like $2500 for it would go that way if i didn't have the small block going allready
i have a velvet drive just need the bellhousing. am watching one on ebay. does aneyone know where you could get some emblems that go on the rear side of the boat mine has the holes but no emblems
thanks for all the info and pic's

Last edited:

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Two thoughts, 1) not sure if the logo ever changed over the years and 2) I think that Phil (Bergeron) of Bergeron Marine in Phoenix owns the rights to, and sells the logos.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
does aneyone know where you could get some emblems that go on the rear side of the boat mine has the holes but no emblems
thanks for all the info and pic's

The old style emblems correct for your boat pop up on e-bay sometimes or you can get the newer style emblems that Campbell Carl is referring to from Bergeron Marine.

gregk1

Reaction score
well i was able to load some pic's of the 2 boats i have picked up the first one the is 1960 beisemeyer. i have had for a while and reworked the tralier to fit it. and am doing the sanding and priming on it. the other one i will drag home next week! any thoughts on what that one is. maby a biesemyer allso looks real close to the old pics in this post??? any input would help thanks greg

Attachments

• 1215101059.jpg
    1215101059.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 900
  • 1215101059a.jpg
    1215101059a.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 777
  • 1218101155.jpg
    1218101155.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 829
  • 1218101153.jpg
    1218101153.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

gregk1

Reaction score
allso some shots of my 84 chris craft stinger
oh and the baja 210 sport still in washington

Attachments

• 000_0221.jpg
    000_0221.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 637
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 691
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 610

gregk1

Reaction score
you know i never realy checked i allways thought it was a 18' now are you talking about boat #1 or boat#2 ??

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
you know i never realy checked i allways thought it was a 18' now are you talking about boat #1 or boat#2 ??

The 2nd one looks like a Caribean and those were 17'. The 1st one looks like an earlier 16 footer.

gregk1

Reaction score
i don't think it's a 16' more like an 18' i know the title on the first one says 1960 biesmeyer did he make 2 different styles of boat in 1960???

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
i don't think it's a 16' more like an 18' i know the title on the first one says 1960 biesmeyer did he make 2 different styles of boat in 1960???

The book doesn't show an 18 footer until the double bubble came out in 1959.

The double bubble hull had 2 humps on the deck side by side. The Caribean was after 1960.

The 16 footers were late 50's boats.

gregk1

Reaction score
#1 is at least a 18 i know when i fited it to the trailer i taped it out to fit at about 19 to 20 so 16 it is not. maby a 1959 that was sold in1960???so could i have 2 biesmeyers made in the same year anyone want to chime in hear what about the vintage boat guy mouser Help mister wizard!!!!!!!thanks Greg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
#1 is at least a 18 i know when i fited it to the trailer i taped it out to fit at about 19 to 20 so 16 it is not. maby a 1959 that was sold in1960???so could i have 2 biesmeyers made in the same year anyone want to chime in hear what about the vintage boat guy mouser Help mister wizard!!!!!!!thanks Greg

Mouser is a horse trader not a Biesemeyer expert. lol

Good luck.

gregk1

Reaction score
i'm a horse trader myself in order to be successful at that you need to know quite alot about what your trading in or you lose alot of money and business

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
i'm a horse trader myself in order to be successful at that you need to know quite alot about what your trading in or you lose alot of money and business

Well maybe that explains why he says he loses money on almost every deal. :D

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I had a 14' and 16' biesmeyer.. 1957 and 1958...I just read that they didn't make biesmeyers till 58???

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
cmon jerry ive had a few old beezs heres the last one you called the carabean 1960 post #1796 3/4 ways down the page its pink

http://www.performanceboats.com/showthread.php?25075-Old-Circle-Boat-Pics/page60

I don't doubt that Mike, but I really doubt you can answer Greg's questions with accuracy.

Mike, as you well know there many splashes of these style boats and Greg doesn't really know "for sure" what he has in the first place. I have looked in the History book compiled by Bill Biesemeyer himself trying to help out Greg. Apparently I fell short so you now have the pulpit.:D

MOUZER

Reaction score
I don't doubt that Mike, but I really doubt you can answer Greg's questions with accuracy.

Mike, as you well know there many splashes of these style boats and Greg doesn't really know "for sure" what he has in the first place. I have looked in the History book compiled by Bill Biesemeyer himself trying to help out Greg. Apparently I fell short so you now have the pulpit.:D

you r correct sir...why do you think i always call you or call on you for my boat finds info.........:bowdown:

just wanted to show him a pic of my carrabean.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Not true. Your info is correct they did build those then.

both mine had bench seats, they were my first two boats... thats why I did the gullwing with bench seats..

so when did they start 57???

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
both mine had bench seats, they were my first two boats... thats why I did the gullwing with bench seats..

so when did they start 57???

Bill built his first boat in 1949. He was 19.

In 1956 Rusty and Bill built 6 ski boats out of Pine and Fur from their arizona Boat works shp. Milton Edgar loaned them the money.

In 57 they started work on the 1st fibreglass inboard 16 foot ski boat. They built many.

The first glass outboard was built in 58.

In 58 they went broke. They soon got a loan and moved to East Mc Dowell rd and changed their shop name to Biesemeyer Plastics. This is where they built the 14 footer.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Bill built his first boat in 1949. He was 19.

In 1956 Rusty and Bill built 6 ski boats out of Pine and Fur from their arizona Boat works shp. Milton Edgar loaned them the money.

In 57 they started work on the 1st fibreglass inboard 16 foot ski boat. They built many.

The first glass outboard was built in 58.

In 58 they went broke. They soon got a loan and moved to East Mc Dowell rd and changed their shop name to Biesemeyer Plastics. This is where they built the 14 footer.

wehad lotta fun with the 14'r..used to run it a lot a lopez lake, and lake nacimento...(i bought it in boulder city in the 70S).. I came across the 16'r
in paso robles... restored it and put a glide trans in it..

it was great for the crack of dawn runs.. we used to run it on the ski course at nacimento..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
my 16 looked like this one... boating was fun back then (pre HEY_LAM)

biesmeyer.jpg

gregk1

Reaction score
that is so cool that is a 16 footer? did it have a velvet drive?? mine is a 17 or 18 footer i am putting a 301 chevy small block with a velvet drive I watched a utube video on a 59 biesemeyer with a 401 nail head and it showed a velvit drive .
the caribean has a toploder vdrive with a reverser and no caveplate and looks to never had one???? and the prop is only about 6 to8" frome the back of the boat looks real scary
the guy i bought it from owend it for 23 years and had it wet 2 time he said he didn't like it because you couldn't see were you where you were going most of the time i will post more pic's soon thank for all of your help>>>greg

FLATS ONLY

Reaction score
This pic was @ Biesemeyer point @ Canyon Lake in 1961

Attachments

• boats 0142.jpg
    boats 0142.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 836
Reaction score
Greg. I have the exhaust tips that run through the hull. I to was in search for answers to find out info on the Caribbean. I talked to Bergeron in Phoenix who in turn gave me a number for a Gentleman called John. He collects the Biesemeyer's and knows Rusty personally. I was told he was a great visionary in boat designs, as most creators he was good at design but bad on the business end. John has/ did have a 4 point hydro that Rusty designed.
I couldn't believe the design of the hull, it was ahead of its time.
As for the Caribbean it was splashed by another boat builder in Az. Pleasure Kraft Boats ( M&S Plastics Co.)
Rusty had a financial woe and Pleasure Kraft from what I understand loaned some money (or produced) in return they used / copied the hull and produced it. Rusty was upset and never forgave them. I guess you could say that it was the first "splashed" boat.
Take a look at my photos posted here. I have been trying to restore this boat back to what it would have looked like back in the day. When I got mine it was 90% original. I have the Halibrand square box, the rest is either Glenwood rigging or Aqua Kraft.
The gentleman who restored it the first time lived up in Northern,Ca. I was lucky to have found him. We talked and he enlightened me on how he had to research for original set up. He installed a '63 Vette 327/325H.P. S.B.C. which I had "Fast Freddie" put together to original spec's ( solid lift cam/ Duntov by Lunati).
The boats never had Cavitation plates due to most of them having small blocks and as you stated Buicks or Caddies.
My trilaer is the "original Jungle Gym. two pieces of 4" pipe running front to rear with the "old skool" mixer receiver ( notch in pipe with a drop down lever activated cap) like the one on this site built in S.S. It is the butt ugliest trailer you ever seen and tracks so true at 85MPH for a single axle.
The cav's on mine are mounted to Teak wood pieces fitted to the curved back. Although they are fixed plates they work really well when dialed in, 1/16" up from level with bottom and it rides well at high speeds (58 MPH). http://www.glenwoodmarine.net/Catalog/COMPLETE%20CATALOG.pdf Here is a Catalog from Glenwood Marine. John is the 'Ol guy there who can enlighten you with History of these boats of Days gone by.
"To share your knowledge is better to help others understand"

MOUZER

Reaction score
if you need a period correct trailer ,i have one in the for sale section on here...it had a 1960 biesemeyer hydro on it.......

DaveG

Reaction score
I joined so I could learn more about this boat I have had for a few years without knowing much more than it was called a baby beisemeyer. Bought this off Craigslist locally (NorCal). It is 16' and i see that it may be a Carribean model. It is complete except no seats and has a small block Chevy with all running gear. I want to learn more about the history and where i might find hull numbers? I can post pictures as this came w/o title.

gregk1

Reaction score
hey dave welcome to the board i joined for the same reason is your boat the same as the blue and white one?? i have been told it is the early boat before the carribean i have one of those allso and there is a big difference between the two does yours have hallcraft v drive and hardware?? and a velvet drive?? does it look to be the original engine alot of them came with 401 buick nailheads and a velvet drive trans i am installing a 301 SBC with a velvet drive in the early boat and a 69 396 in the carribean

Rickybobby

Reaction score
what is the latest on these boats..... need more pictures !!!!!!

gregk1

Reaction score
hear are some pics of what has been going on with the restoration the boat is upside down on the trailer ready for another coat of gel coat 0127121428.jpg

0127121429.jpg

0127121430.jpg

0323121607.jpg

0323121606.jpg

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
That is really bitchen!As far as the yellow and white hull on the other thread,I,m interested in the 17' Carribean hull.All these hulls are very unique and would be a great old boat to own.

jmeads

Reaction score
well i was able to load some pic's of the 2 boats i have picked up the first one the is 1960 beisemeyer. i have had for a while and reworked the tralier to fit it. and am doing the sanding and priming on it. the other one i will drag home next week! any thoughts on what that one is. maby a biesemyer allso looks real close to the old pics in this post??? any input would help thanks greg

any more pictures of the 1960's B boat? Thanks

Froggystyle

Reaction score
You were parked next to us in Needles. Absolutely gorgeous boat. Stunning.

I love the contoured exhaust ports, and your choice of colors in the interior is really beautiful.

Great job on it. Looks amazing.