WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1961 Biesemeyer Rocket

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Neighbor just inherited a piece of history... photos to follow once the sun comes up.

1961 (Biesemeyer) Rocket Biese with fins.... how cool is that. Boat is rough. but it looks like he has all the rigging etc.

Will try and get him to do a thread here on the restoration.

stymie.jpg

ctchndltgo200

Reaction score
Neighbor just inherited a piece of history... photos to follow once the sun comes up.

1961 (Biesemeyer) Rocket Biese with fins.... how cool is that. Boat is rough. but it looks like he has all the rigging etc.

Will try and get him to do a thread here on the restoration.

View attachment 369333

I have a 58, Do you know bieser's well? If so, please look at mine in the V-Drive forum, " Trying to verify the back syore of my boat! " and give me your thoughts on her. I have been told its not a Biesemeyer but a Joe Winklepleck Rocket out of El Monte Calf.! I even bought the History of Biesmeyer Boats By Bill Biesmeyer, I think I found A pic of her on page 14, in the back ground of the bottom pic wit race car driver Jim Bryan and his cigar. More confused about her than when I started.:(:):(:)

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I have a 58, Do you know bieser's well? If so, please look at mine in the V-Drive forum, " Trying to verify the back syore of my boat! " and give me your thoughts on her. I have been told its not a Biesemeyer but a Joe Winklepleck Rocket out of El Monte Calf.! I even bought the History of Biesmeyer Boats By Bill Biesmeyer, I think I found A pic of her on page 14, in the back ground of the bottom pic wit race car driver Jim Bryan and his cigar. More confused about her than when I started.:(:):(:)

Check this out. http://v-driveboat.dyndns.org:8080/showthread.php?5020-1958-rocket-resto&highlight=biesemeyer

Also this is 12 years back but these guys mention a guy name Pierson. http://www.riverracer.net/forums/sh...out-1960-s-16-Biesemeyer-Pierson-bubble-backs

Flat racer is Eric Tolnes and still posts on PB and Stab n steer is a cracker box racer.

attachment.php

ctchndltgo200

Reaction score
Check this out. http://v-driveboat.dyndns.org:8080/showthread.php?5020-1958-rocket-resto&highlight=biesemeyer

Also this is 12 years back but these guys mention a guy name Pierson. http://www.riverracer.net/forums/sh...out-1960-s-16-Biesemeyer-Pierson-bubble-backs

Flat racer is Eric Tolnes and still posts on PB and Stab n steer is a cracker box racer.

attachment.php

I have a 58 that is the same top as yours, the hull is way different.I am getting confused withthe info I have been getting. Now, Joe Winklepleck built Rockets in El Monte Calf.. I was told when I bought mine that It was a Biesemeyer-Pierson, all the biesers I have seen do not have the wings that our boats have????

Did Pierson build hulls to go under the bieser bubble back top??? You have looked at mine in "trying to find out the back story of my boat, or something like that, you've seen her.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I have a 58 that is the same top as yours, the hull is way different.I am getting confused withthe info I have been getting. Now, Joe Winklepleck built Rockets in El Monte Calf.. I was told when I bought mine that It was a Biesemeyer-Pierson, all the biesers I have seen do not have the wings that our boats have????

Did Pierson build hulls to go under the bieser bubble back top??? You have looked at mine in "trying to find out the back story of my boat, or something like that, you've seen her.

This isn't mine. Click the link and you'll see the guy posting this goes by the name of Rocket man.

KENDOG689

Banned
Reaction score
If it has that deck and tail fins,its a Rocket.They were a splash of the biesmeyer hull.I have looked at both and the tail fins are a dead give away.