WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1975 Schiada Jet Value ?

Reaction score
Ok inmates I'm for a little help here. I'm looking for serious input , although I expect to get some that may be less than serious. I have this 1975 Schiada 19 foot Jetboat. The hull was built as a V drive back in 75 I guess, whenever they built 1975 boats. Cars are like a year earlier is why I'm not sure, at least back then. The story that I got is that it was at the end of the run for that year, so it left the factory on a mismatched bright red Competition trailer. It also had the front fin installed and the propshaft hole drilled. The boat then sat in the original owners warehouse up in Seattle for 10 years. Then another guy decided he wanted to build it and put it in his warehouse and did nothing with it for 10 years. In the meantime I'm boating in my 19 foot Esquire jet. In late 94 we figure out that the hull of Esquire is going away ( delaminating in the bottom near the engine ). The second owner of the Schiada figures out that he probably won't build the boat, so he puts it up for sale in one those Northwest Boats for sale papers. Note this was before Algore invented the internet. Great Timing! I figure out that I can buy the Schiada hull for less than they want to fix the Esquire hull and about the same amount of work. Ok, so let's cut through all the BS old boat stories. In 2005 the boat sunk in a storm while tied up at the dock. We recovered it the next day and had it running that same day. Unfortunately it got some body damage on the left rear and left side of the transom. I then parked it for 15 years. Last year I pulled it out of storage and mechanically restored it. I recently got some estimates to do the cosmetic work and now the BIG question is it worth it ? My son and I have too many toys and given our normally short season up here it's hard to get much use out this boat. What is this boat worth down in the Hotboat capital of the West if not whole country? I'm know the Schiada haters will say zero, the jet haters the same and the Schiada purists will say less than zero. I'm just hoping for a couple of unbiased opinions. I've attached a few photos. The first is after restoration last year going to the lake, various pictures of the blems , a picture at the lake and the last was when it sunk. That'll make your butt clench! Keep in mind I didn't just buy that damn thing, I spent months building it. 20200817_093713.jpg 20200724_145051.jpg 20200724_145134.jpg 20200724_145149.jpg VideoCapture_20200817-173935.jpg Sunk1.jpg

Groper

Reaction score
It's worth $$ to someone, the Gel can be fixed or painted over if someone chooses to do so, this would be a great boat on the river between Laughlin to Lake Martinez.

What motor is in it ?

River Runnin

Reaction score
First -- less than serious! 🤔 .... Well!... Not having the factory mismatched bright red Competition 3-AXLE trailer, Really hurts the value. The name alone should get you at least 20K! ;)

Reaction score
It's worth $$ to someone, the Gel can be fixed or painted over if someone chooses to do so, this would be a great boat on the river between Laughlin to Lake Martinez.

What motor is in it ?
Sorry, I thought everyone knew early 70's Jets were almost always 455 Olds. It's always been dependable and fast enough for a family ski boat, which was it's primary purpose. On a good day it will do about 55. All but one of my waterlice will out run it, but I can blow obnoxious waterlice riders off their sled with the big Olds and diverter.

Groper

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought everyone knew early 70's Jets were almost always 455 Olds. It's always been dependable and fast enough for a family ski boat, which was it's primary purpose. On a good day it will do about 55. All but one of my waterlice will out run it, but I can blow obnoxious waterlice riders off their sled with the big Olds and diverter.
Ahh yes I assumed it might be a 455 Old's but alos thought since the donor motor might have been from a later year it could have been a 454, even though it's a 455 old's in today's market might fetch 7-10k I mean cumon it's a she-otta ;)

Last edited:

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I have actually been looking for a project... I have been thinking about the Howard 20' GN or the 19' Schiada that was sold to Howard which is what you have there less the protrusion sticking out the back end. I am not ready to pull the trigger, gotta finish my 65' Elco first.. This boat looks to be a total rebuild and re rig for someone, I am thinking you make get $2500 on the high end... not trying to offend you and not trying to set myself up to buy it. As you said, in the "Hot Boat Capital" this is a cool rig, but its going to take some coin to bring her back.

Reaction score
I have actually been looking for a project... I have been thinking about the Howard 20' GN or the 19' Schiada that was sold to Howard which is what you have there less the protrusion sticking out the back end. I am not ready to pull the trigger, gotta finish my 65' Elco first.. This boat looks to be a total rebuild and re rig for someone, I am thinking you make get $2500 on the high end... not trying to offend you and not trying to set myself up to buy it. As you said, in the "Hot Boat Capital" this is a cool rig, but its going to take some coin to bring her back.
Thanks, all opinions are appreciated. It sounds like you're in the same place as many of us. I have a 64 Grand Prix mostly done, so between car shows going to the lake and working to keep all of this crap running there isn't a lot of time and money left. Also, my number one diversion an eight year old grandson.